Sign in to follow this  
ferangel2000

How to fly a real Boeing 737-800 after 1 month (50 min real video)

That was awesome. As stated in the beginning of the vid it was on TV. I think all of it was donated for advertising.

Thanks,

Ron

Speechless.....Thankyou :lol:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

fasouli, on 20 Aug 2013 - 8:41 PM, said:

Amazing video , i bet the landing gear struts needed maintenance after his landing . :lol:

I live very close to KCMH. I take my scanner and go spotting quite frequently. I have seen some pilots (especially when it is windy) seem like they were trying to plant the mains 6' down. It is not too often you get a greaser from a 737. When you get a close up shot of the mains as compared to the size of the plane and others like her it almost looks like a carrier bird.

Thanks,

Ron

Interesting challenge. I wonder why it was thought an irresponsible challenge? At all times there were two qualified pilots during the flight... André and a check pilot on the jumpseat...

Kudos to Jetairfly... of course, this is great PR, in pure terms of exposure. I am not sure I would have taken my friends with me, but I can understand the reasons for doing so.

I have a question for Rónán: is the choice of 737 better than an Airbus for such a task/challenge? Do you think somebody would be able to transition to the A320 with so little training to complete a takeoff and landing successfully, given Airbus FBW? Or is it just as easy to "pick up" ab initio and straight out of something like the Cirrus (whose controls physically resemble Airbus" sidestick more than the Boeing yoke...)

Cheers :)

Thanks to the poster for putting this up. This is something I would never have found without such help...

A

Geweldig programma! Great show! I really wanted him to suceed and he did! Amazing job! Thanks for sharing.

Very interesting stuff! Thanks for posting! :)

-Henrik

i7 9600K  -  RTX 2080  -  32gb DDR4  -  Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Jeez, stressful pressure situation. He did well, don't think I could do nearly that well.

Edit: Just wanted to add, he's pretty darn lucky to of been able to do this. Perks of being an adventure TV guy.

So jealous all the way through that. I wonder who paid for it though!  :blink:

Well a TV can have those budget but I am wondering on how much insurance had to pay even at the beginning the pilot says something.

Great exploit

That's definitely a dream of mine as the only thing I've piloted (through the sky) is a Cessna 152. I've held run/taxi certifications on various aircraft and currently hold ones for the Boeing 737 family (300,500,700,800). Fsx has always bridged a gap from my current profession as an aircraft technician (very rewarding in its own right). I've been on many a check flight where the crew has asked me what's actually happening system';s wise when they perform a certain check list item. I believe the learning curve is far less these days with the latest generations of aircraft and one can indeed be taught to take-off and land an aircraft like the 737-800 in an abbreviated time frame. Lets not forget that this is really just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to the overall knowledge it takes to pilot an airliner in real world commercial flying. Route planning,ATC procedures, emergency procedures, navigation fundamentals, IFR flying, and a host of other required skill sets are all mostly left out of the equation. It would behoove everyone to remember that. Regards

Great video! I was nervous just watching; I can only imagine how Tom's friends felt!

-yet another hour at work spent watching airplane videos- :P

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Dank U Fher.

That really was some excellent television!!  I now need to see if Tom manages to climb that sheer cliff face!!

And I struggle landing the NGX on FSX!!  More Touch and Go's for me!!