Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Any space sim fans?

Oh! the X series. I still haven't tired of the open game I started in X3 Reunion four years ago and I have yet to try the plot-line.

The newer offerings look good but I don't know how my decrepit PC would bear up under the strain... Interest in new games is re-igniting after reading a few of these posts. I can feel a long google session coming. And possibly a hardware upgrade.

For a simulation with an educational flavour and (diffidently clears throat) real-looking graphics rather than a game sim, I've just recently been made aware of Celestia, which has pushed FS and X out of my mind for the last week.

D

i have 4 accounts 

(Eve) Addict! :P

I must admit that, after this thread, I've looked a bit into the X story. I guess I can't afford the extra time, but it seems like a nice series of games I've missed so far.

I wish X3 would allow planetary descents ala the Evochron Series. The thrill of barreling through the astmosphere, forward shields failing, routing all power forward till planetary thrusters kick in. Now that I think about I don't believe Star Citizen allows it either.

Lot of Star Citizen Hangar videos out now. Guess a few people are in the Alpha, going to have to check my account status.

While I still wonder about the music in the second video (why? :huh: ), I must say that it looks nice. However, the actual gameplay is missing, therefore the glimpse on the 'final' character.

But thanks for posting those. I hope this game turns out the way Chris Roberts has intended.

While I still wonder about the music in the second video (why? :huh: ), I must say that it looks nice. However, the actual gameplay is missing, therefore the glimpse on the 'final' character.

But thanks for posting those. I hope this game turns out the way Chris Roberts has intended.

Yeah I think its still 2 years off. Seems like they are just giving some of the early backers an early glimpse of their fleet. I've just seen an influx of people running around their hangars. 

I think the music is kinda like what you might find in a manga/oav Japanese space-fighter vid.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I just checked my account and I have Hangar Module access, but I only own one ship. I was checking out some of the higher tier(price) ships and they do look appealing. Coped the  FAQ if anyone is interested.

What is the Hangar Module?

The Hangar Module is a standalone release that will reveal where players will store their ships and collected items. Keep in mind that this is a very early pre-alpha release. Much of what you see and experience will change as the game continues to be developed.

What are the minimum system requirements for the Hangar Module?

Windows 7 or 8 64-bit Dual Core CPU Intel: Core2 Duo 2.4Ghz AMD: Phenom X2 8GB of RAM NVidia Geforce 460GTXAMD Radeon HD5850 DirectX 11. Keep in mind that these are estimated system requirements and may change for the final release of the game.

What do I need to access the Hangar Module?

To access the Hangar Module one will need an RSI account and a pledge package which includes a ship, some credits and access to the full game.

If I only have an add-on ship would I be able to access the Hangar?

Access to the Hangar requires a package that includes game access. If you only have an add-on ship and not a package with game access, you would not be eligible to access the Hangar.

Does my package need to indicate alpha access to be eligible for access to the Hangar?

Alpha access is not required for access to the Hangar however alpha access will be required for access to early versions of the dog fighting module which is scheduled as a later release.

What is the minimum package requirement to be able to access the Hangar?

The minimum package requirement would be the Digital Scout package. The Digital Scout can be purchased in the store for $30. Note that alpha access to the dog fighting module is not included in that particular package.

How will I obtain access to the Hangar Module?

The Hangar will be loaded through the launcher. The launcher will be available for download through the website for eligible accounts.

What ships will be available for the first release of the Hangar Module?

The Hangar Module will be released in stages. The ships available for the first release will be the Aurora, 300i, Hornet, Freelancer, and Constellation. We hope to have the associated ships’ variants available in time for the first release.

What types of hangars are there?

To begin with there will be three types of hangars. Discount, Business and Deluxe. The size of your hangar will be determined by the largest ship in your collection.

Will I be able to upgrade my hangar to a higher tier?

Yes the option to upgrade your hangar will be available.

Will I be able to invite friends into my hangar?

The ability to invite friends to your hangar will not be available for the first release.

Is there a limit to items stored in your hangar?

There may be a limit to items stored in your hangar. If so there will eventually be a way to obtain additional space.

If we lose or gift our ships, will our hangar then be reduced in tier level?

Prior to the official game release, if you lose or gift a ship your hangar may reduce in size. Purchasing an upgrade will lock your hangar to at least the size of the purchased upgrade.

Where can I report issues or bugs I find while running the Hangar Module?

To report bugs or issues you may find with the Hangar Module, please post in the Hangar bug report forum found here: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/categories/hangar-bug-reports

Where will my hangar be located in the ‘verse?

Your hangar will be physically located at your particular starting location which you will be able to select at a later date.

I have messed around a bit with orbiter and space shuttle sim 2007 but the learning curve seems so dang high! Some of the missions on space shuttle sim are extremely tedious and difficult on the easiest setting that tells you which switches and procedures to perform. It is still fun though.

I think the music is kinda like what you might find in a manga/oav Japanese space-fighter vid.

That doesn't help me liking it, Devon. :P But it makes more sense now. Thanks.

Wow, just reading through Vincent's post and it, currently, really looks like a lot of 'spend some more on this and that' approach. Guess he was right. :mellow: But I hope he's wrong in the future.

orbiter and space shuttle sim 2007 but the learning curve seems so dang high!

Andres, if you haven't tried Kerbal Space Program so far, you should. There's a demo available and it's plenty of fun. Also check our funny thread here. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/383952-kerbal-space-program/

Downloaded the Hangar Module and no joy, my video card is not DX11 :( not on my quadcore :( and don't have 8GB ram:( Might have to look into a new laptop for this.

Req:

• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
  • DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
  • Quad core CPU
  • 8GB Memory

Well, if they release it in some two years, those specs should be ok. Nowadays, they look pretty high for a wider approach. But I'd say that's a good sign.