Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Any space sim fans?

Let's not forget the freeware Orbiter sim. I find very interesting trying to put my spaceship into correct earth orbit. You need to do some reading though...

Orbiter + NASSP Apollo. 

way back in 2006 odd I ran a Project Apollo 6.4.3 and after months (really! no flightsimming, only reading and practicing stuff in orbiter) of learning managed to get an Apollo 12 to the moon and back. Ended up landing a few thousand km off course which put the splashdown at night, but everything was all in tact at mission end.

I ran an Apollo 11 after that  but had difficulty with the Apollo 11 landing site scenery, so never got all the way down in the LM.

After that I created some scenarios to check out all the scenery that was available for the lunar landing sites, and a third go at Apollo 14 put a lunar buggy on the ground that I drove around a bit, but by then I was getting restless for my PIC/Level D 767 again.

Havn't done it again since, and havn't had orbiter installed for a few years now. FSX/PMDG/Vatsim/Making Youtube videos etc takes up time, and the graphics and camera positioning stuff on Orbiter were always a bit... hard to video well.

http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Project_Apollo_6.4_FAQ

There's a pic on the site showing the panel of the Command Module, Commanders side (left) 2d cockpit. Yes every button worked including the guidance computer (AGC). The cockpit could be scrolled left and right (to the 3 positions) and a bit up/down (to the windows etc).

The Lunar module had it's own working cockpit panels too.

Does anyone here have Space shuttle mission 2007?

I have SSM2007, but I haven't used it for at least eighteen months. I decided that I wanted to wait for SSMS2 to be released, but it is taking longer than I expected!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ha, 6 bucks for that classic. http://www.gog.com/game/wing_commander_privateer I think that's where space games started. Well, around that year I guess. ^_^

2669, Gemini Sector, Troy System. The Terran frontier between the Kilrathi Empire and the unknown. Privateer takes you to the seamy side of the Wing Commander universe. In the far reaches of space, you live by no man’s rules but your own. The fringes are populated by a volatile mix of pirates, miners, mercs, cutthroats, and Kilrathi, all struggling to make a life for themselves.

:spiteful:

So with all these new SpaceSims coming out, it was time to upgrade the laptop. After not being able to run Star Citizen's Hangar Module and XRebirth looks to raise the bar even further and finally Starpoint Gemini2 is a slideshow on my current Duo Core 2GHZ. I ordered the below with a 256GB SSD  also.  

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231136 ASUS G75VX-BHI7N11 Intel Core i7 3630QM(2.40GHz) 8GB Memory 1TB HDD 17.3" Notebook Windows 8 64-Bit

• Intel Core i7 3630QM(2.40GHz)
  • 8GB Memory 1TB HDD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX
  • 1920 x 1080
  • Windows 8 64-Bit
  • DVD Super Multi

That'll show 'em, Vincent. :biggrin: Nice mobile rig indeed. :smile:

Don't forget what I consider the most versatile space sim ever! (Freespace2!)

There are so many different mods for the game, ranging from Battlestar Galactica to Wing Commander clones, that the possibilities seem almost endless.

Right now there is even a Star Wars Trilogy being worked on.  B)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Did I already mention that the will and wit of some fans never fails to amaze me? They are tuning, tweaking and modding old games up to standards which even modern and expensive renditions lack of. Nah, not graphics or fancy voice actors, but ideas and details. Guess they love their games. :smile:

Some more on X-Rebirth..........

They've always been such gorgeous games!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

> Release next Friday <

Looks great.  Personally though I never got int the X-Series or Eve.  Dark Star One held my interest for a week or so. 

I was more of an Orbiter fan and I loved tinkering with textures and models and making offbeat space/flight videos.

Some of the 'old-timer' members on this forum may remember me by my former name, Tinfish (Films).

More recently I got into indi sims such as the lovely SpaceEngine..

http://en.spaceengine.org/

Space Engine - 'Sunshine' video

Wow, thanks for the link, never knew about that software.

Rob Prest

Hey all!

what's your opinion about Star Citizen, comparing with X Rebirth?

It's the first time i heard about X and seems very nice..but the "problem" here is that i already purchase a Star Citizen package..

No point comparing the two, also Star citizen won't be out for quite some time. X series is more of a trade simulation, build an empire. They have built in First person gameplay to attract the mainstream.

Star Citizen will be amazing if it gets finished, but it is more geared to multiplayer action shooting.

With rebirth you are also confined to one ship (at least till mods build cockpits and bridges for other vessels) However you have free roam of the ship and can interact with the crew

http://media.vandalimg.com/m/14293/x-rebirth-2013115103131_1.jpg

Forums here - http://forum.egosoft.com/viewforum.php?f=109 it is a bit of a mad house at the moment post release.

Rob Prest

Don't forget Elite IV, i have backed both Star Citizen and Elite IV.  I'll probably get the new X game, the others were OK, but quickly got quite boring.

Ian R Tyldesley

Man there's some good stuff here guys!!! Star Citizen graphics look ridiculous, and I can't wait for X Rebirth. :Hypnotized:  

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor