Sign in to follow this  
framedrop

Good 3rd party soundset for the NGX?

I don't understand why you would want to replace the best 737NG soundset. Its the best sounding out there, recorded in HD from a real 737NG. 

????? - Why on earth would you be looking to replace it - seriously ?

Sometimes I wonder if people that post stuff like this are just trolling, or actually want to ruin a great thing...

Sometimes I wonder if people that post stuff like this are just trolling, or actually want to ruin a great thing...

Trust me, it makes me want to slam my head into a wall too. We spent so much time getting those recordings, editing and 100% pitch matching everything etc and people just want to wipe it out because of someone's marketing BS or whatever.

I was on a 737-900 a few weeks ago in first class and when the engines came up for takeoff I literally started smirking in my seat because of how much it sounded like the NGX. It's seriously dead-on.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hey fellas, Ryan, while we're on the subject, and I suspect the original theme of the post, with respect, has run it's course, is there any reason why I can hardly hear the spool up during engine start? When I say hardly hear, I mean virtually non existent. I have asked this question before, but to be honest haven't received a conclusive answer. I run FSX with a subwoofer and stereo speakers (2.1?) So, does the NGX come with 5.1 surround sound? I always thought not, and if this is the case, why can't I hear the spool up? Any ideas...?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I was on a 737-900 a few weeks ago in first class and when the engines came up for takeoff I literally started smirking in my seat because of how much it sounded like the NGX. It's seriously dead-on.

+1.

I flew on a brand new 737-800 a few weeks ago, every little sound from the fuel pumps to the electrical sounds all made me feel like I was in the NGX. You guys surely did one hell of an awesome job and it annoys me when someone comes along with threads such as these asking "are there any better sounds out there for my NGX?". 

Apparently people think that they want to hear the sounds as if they were sitting on the exit row with the door open.

... and the NGX can actually do that too, External view sounds let you hear the flaps hydraulics hum away when moving.

I have been on a few 737-800's recently from seat 8A to seat 30F and there is a definitive change in sound between those 2 locations as far as engine sound on takeoff etc goes. Obviously the PMDG NGX sounds are based on the idea that you are at the front of the plane in the cockpit, not in the back ;)

So the best soundset for the 737 is the one that comes with PMDG NGX, unless you want to simulate sitting in seat 30F, in which case you want more rumbling noise or something. But you need really long arms and eyesight to fly the plane from there.

Hey fellas, Ryan, while we're on the subject, and I suspect the original theme of the post, with respect, has run it's course, is there any reason why I can hardly hear the spool up during engine start? When I say hardly hear, I mean virtually non existent. I have asked this question before, but to be honest haven't received a conclusive answer. I run FSX with a subwoofer and stereo speakers (2.1?) So, does the NGX come with 5.1 surround sound? I always thought not, and if this is the case, why can't I hear the spool up? Any ideas...?

Howard,

Not sure - I definitely hear it here. Make sure your Windows sound settings are correct? There's one part where you tell it the type of speaker system you have and I know if that's set wrong it can mess things up.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I concur with Ryan's statement on his flight in a -900, I was on a few flights on some NGs a few weeks ago in India and the sounds were stunningly just like in the NGX.  That low end sound when the engines go to to idle is spot on in the sim, I can't thank PMDG enough for the attention to detail in the sounds.  I can't wait to see what they do with the T7!

With what I read and have heard of of PMDG soundset, and OP's question, I guess that could possibly suggest that the OP's sound card may not have output what PMDG's soundset has to offer, as such, the OP (I would be wise for your to sign your post too) may want to look for a better soundset hoping that it will sound different which to him/her are more realistic.  If he/she has a decent sound card, it can really output PMDG soundset to its true potential!

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

If anything the only thing I've modified is the ground roll and nose wheel ground bump sound

Reik Namreg