Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

A2A Accu-Sim Cessna 172 may be out "within the week"

Yer its a must buy for sure, but the 777F for me will come first. This can wait a month for me. It will be the PMDG for GA.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm getting this one for sure!

I've held back on Carenado so far for this and the RealAir 172...

Indeed some fresh air in the GA world!!!;-)

I also am curious what this plane does in various weather conditions. I am used to using real world weather (Opus) but I always take off even if the weather sucks big time. However, I have the feeling that this won't work out too well with this plane... For instance, I just read in the C172R manual flying in icing conditions is prohibited. I wonder if this means that the weather will actually force me to stay on the ground in certain conditions...? Or isn't Accu-sim THAT realistic?

I also am curious what this plane does in various weather conditions. I am used to using real world weather (Opus) but I always take off even if the weather sucks big time. However, I have the feeling that this won't work out too well with this plane... For instance, I just read in the C172R manual flying in icing conditions is prohibited. I wonder if this means that the weather will actually force me to stay on the ground in certain conditions...? Or isn't Accu-sim THAT realistic?

the answer to your larger question is generally yes, but concerning airframe icing specifically, I don't think any of their previous planes have done airframe icing. Maybe this one does, but I would suppose that if it did, we'd have already heard about it. 

Well... I DID notice in the last video that you have to wait after starting until the temps are right before you can taxi... and they use the real world time for that. I wonder how long that will be...  ^_^ But somehow this C172 seems even more (or a lot more) realistic than the Katana 4x. And as I said already my way of flying has changed lately and that new way of doing things suits this plane very well, I think. 

And heck, when I do get tired of it all, it's nice to know I can skip the whole preflight process with one click.  ^_^ Anyway, this is the closest thing to getting a real plane yourself and it's also great that it actually IS the kind of plane you could get or at least fly in real life. so yeah... I am in!

That's the beauty of accu-sim.  You don't have to wait at all.  The plane will respond to your decision making process regardless.  The Lyc O-360 is a very rugged engine designed to put up with hours of student abuse.  You could start and taxi cold, you will just pay for it way down the road with reduced TBO times, and increase the likelihood of a failure, just like a real 172 :)  If you plan on flying for real, making sure the engine is warm is just a good habit to get into, in case you fly with an engine less forgiving than the O-360. 

The O-360 will warm up a bit quicker than a big V-12 or Radial, just like a little modern 4 banger in the Toyota will warm quicker than an old big block V-8.  After starting the 172, even just doing the basic pre taxi/instrument checks, the 172 will be likely warm enough to taxi. 

Cheers

TJ

For instance, I just read in the C172R manual flying in icing conditions is prohibited. I wonder if this means that the weather will actually force me to stay on the ground in certain conditions...? Or isn't Accu-sim THAT realistic?

It's prohibited because the plane has absolutely no de-icing capability.  IRL, launching into known icing conditions in a plane like this is about as big a no-no as there is in aviation.  I have unfortunately known pilots who've gotten very dead doing so.

In the sim, however, if airframe icing isn't modeled you can continue to fly with impunity.  The sim does let you get away with wx blunders like flying into icing and punching lines of t-storms that are major killers in the real world.

Scott

I am flying 172R(G1000 equipped) in real life for pretty much an year now and I believe the sounds are very accurate indeed.

1y329d.jpg

There is nothing macho about requiring a student to demonstrate basic navigation skills before introducing them to a GPS lol.  OMG....maybe you show them how to use an E6B too.   Do they still use those?

When I read these "to GPS or not to GPS" discussions, I can't help wondering what would happen to those pilots who ignore VOR/NDB navigation if the day came when GPS was no longer available, due to solar flare activity or some other technical foul-up.

I'm not a real-world pilot, and half of the fun of flight simming is that navigation can be a real challenge - if you want. I normally fly pilotage/DR, VORs and NDBs but with the GPS as backup. Where the aircraft doesn't have a GPS in the panel, I use a hand-held model and don't use the autopilot in GPS mode. Not because it's more macho, but because it's more fun...like a DIY difficulty level. Of course, in FSX I have that luxury because my life isn't on the line, so if I was flying for real I'd probably do it the other way round - I wouldn't want to have only one string to my navigational bow, though.

Technology changes, becomes more reliable, training changes. The way of the world.

Ask a pilot from 1940 how to navigate, he'll have some different methods. Redundant systems are always good but I think the "traditional" navigation methods will be redfined over time.

It's been said here earlier by A2A people that the GPS options include the RealityXp.  But now I'm confused, because he said there are 3 gps options (295, 400, and none) and doesn't say or demonstrate anything about a Reality gns 430 or 530.  Did I just miss something, or is anybody else picking up on that?

So I cannot currently access a2asimulations.com.

Methinks this means they are in release preparation mode! :)

It's been said here earlier by A2A people that the GPS options include the RealityXp.  But now I'm confused, because he said there are 3 gps options (295, 400, and none) and doesn't say or demonstrate anything about a Reality gns 430 or 530.  Did I just miss something, or is anybody else picking up on that?

You can use the RXP ones, including 3D knobs and all.

So I cannot currently access a2asimulations.com. Methinks this means they are in release preparation mode! :)

Let's hope so. I registered to their forum yesterday and wanted to read everything there is to read now but the site seems down indeed.

Their store seems to be down as well. Lets hope this means a release today! 

It would be great to finally fly an accurate model of the airplane I got my PPL in. 

Jared Listinsky

It would be great to finally fly an accurate model of the airplane I got my PPL in. 

This. I haven't been able to afford to fly in a few years so I'm looking forward to this big time. When the engine started in their part 2 video I got goosebumps :lol:  

Could be... but I'm finding that a lot of websites are slow today.  I'm wondering if, given circumstances, the Syrian Electronic Army might be at work... not on flightsim sites, obviously, but maybe on Internet providers.

A 172 release would be the better option, of course...