Sign in to follow this  
calooom

PFPX - First Quick Impressions

So flight plan import works on ngx and airbus every time no problems ?

Rich Sennett

So flight plan import works on ngx and airbus every time no problems ?

I don't have the AAX so I can't comment there but for the NGX, it has worked perfect for me on the 4 or 5 flights I've done with it so far.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

If you installed the 9000+ example real world flight plans, then yes it is going to take a while after the update because those 9000 routes have to be verified that they are still valid i.e. that all waypoints in the existing plan still exist in the new nav data. After I updated around 800 of those flights were no longer valid and I deleted them.

How did you delete the rw flightplans?

Thanks,

23.png

How exactly does one update the Nav data?   I looked all over the manual to no avail.  

Updates are via Navigraph (dedicated installer) or via Aerosoft Navdatapro (installation through Navdatapro utility).

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I am also intrigued with this software. My question would be how accurate would the fuel planning and payload be with an aircraft that is not so accurate.

Would it work well with Posky. CLS, Overland based aircraft addons or is it dependant on complex aircraft system addon on player's end ?

Well PFPX uses an internal profile to compute the fuel burn, if the performance of the plane you're using in FSX doesn't match that, obviously you won't get matching fuel burn. As you can make your own profiles for PFPX you should in theory be able to make a matching profile though (although you might have to do some test flights in FS to gather the required data).

Please comment about the auto generate option. Is accurate or it generates strange FPs?

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5 con Tapatalk 2

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Some plans appear to be accurate but others are totally absurd.  FSBuild at the moment seems to generate more accurate flightplans than PFPX.  I would say a 70/30 mix.  70 good 30 bad.

As of now I just go online and look up on Flightaware and copy/paste.  Granted this only helps US flyers but thats all I fly so it works for me.

Sean Green

This fine print is at the bottom of the feature list:

* Accessing real-time wind data, METAR, TAF and NOTAMs requires internet connection and server subscription. Additional cost can occur.

Could someone provide more context?  If I use AS2012 for weather, does the PFPX go there for METAR and wind data and use it for flight planning? 

The program may be worth it in term of bringing many different things under one route, but if there are additional download cost to get it working down the road then I need to know more about it.

Thanks in advance

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Finally buy the Bundle PFPX/TOPCAT just now!!! I think is a good invresion! Waiting for the 777!

Just view that there are a 1.003 update of PFPX!!! What are the changes?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Actication issues now with the 1.03 installer too ...

335a0ef.jpg

EDIT: Now activated at the 5 or 6 attempt.

But it says that i havce it acticated in two devices!!!

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Testing it now ... Created a domestis Spanish flight LEPA-LEMD. It's fantastic!!! I LOVE PFPX! And in use with TOPCAT it's very very good!

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

A few questions if I may:

1.  Is there a discount for prior TOPCAT owners, or is the VATSIM discount the only offer?

2.  Is it possible to run PFPX and TOPCAT on a second, networked computer, separate from the computer running FSX?

A few questions if I may:

1.  Is there a discount for prior TOPCAT owners, or is the VATSIM discount the only offer?

2.  Is it possible to run PFPX and TOPCAT on a second, networked computer, separate from the computer running FSX?

1. Yes. There is a discount for previous TOPCAT owners, introducing the key in the coupon option.

2. I think yes.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg