Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

PFPX Disapointment - The Aircraft Database

Level D has only GE engines simulated. Even if you are flying the RR or PW versions, it's external model only that differs. If the RR engines profile in the PFPX existed, it would actually give you wrong numbers for flight.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

For $53.00 this is unacceptable. Pass! Thank You!

WOW.... I think you just nominated yourself for the Most-Shortsighted-Person-Award!

OT: I am sure you can trust on more profiles becoming available over time. Either directly from Flightsimsoft or from users who can obtain the required data. As for weights, you can edit them yourself in PFPX easily.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Level D has only GE engines simulated. Even if you are flying the RR or PW versions, it's external model only that differs. If the RR engines profile in the PFPX existed, it would actually give you wrong numbers for flight.

Ok thanks I wasn't aware of that, I thought each engine type's performance was simulated. These days I'm using the CS767, is that also the case?

I have just been catching up on the posts this morning, some excellent comments and advice.  I only adjusted the DOW so still need to go back in and adjust the other numbers and it looks like the pax baggage number as well.

I think a lot of the misunderstanding on the aircraft setup would have been avoided if in the manual there was a very conspicuous bold paragraph warning users that they had to confirm and setup the weights for each aircraft and perhaps a short walk through of how to do it properly.  Anyway, I am sure it will all get sorted out as people publish their profiles.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I would imagine the loading interface for the Majestic Q-400 would very instructional for anyone curious about this software; it does much the same thing, sounds like, but specific to that plane - at least on the weight and load balancing and fuel prediction elements (it has no built-in flight planner).

Navigation is a field all it's own worth study and enjoyment; this sounds like a very comprehensive system for those who can understand the fun in it. I wouldn't see it as just a convenience tool; it pulls together a lot of disparate things you'd otherwise be doing with multiple sources and systems, and clarifies the relationships between them all, so your thinking can be more comprehensive in this process.

Ok.. here is my question.

I have the A2A civil P51, and I want to make my flightplans IFR with PFPX. How do I make a template or plane configuration with PFPX? How do I know the fuel consumption of the plane? how to set the engine?

Thanks!

edit: I see there is no way to do it. Yes.. I could fill the weights but when creating a new aircraft I have to choose between some kind of already done (not in templates) and I cannot modify the engine I like, because the options are for that plane chose. There is no plane similar as a P51, or Cessna 172 or light airplanes I believe.

Hope that is fixed in future. Or someone point me how to proceed correctly if it is possible.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Is there a way to add new aircraft types such as P51, E135, E145 etc please?

I don't find the way.. and if not.. I think is a big mistake.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Finally set up my aircraft weights (PMDG NGX-800W) from LIPZ to EGKK.  Plan was actually pretty easy to do and I printed it to the free Primo PDF printer.  Another hickup I found was when exporting to Topcat.  You need to set up the Topcat aircraft again with weights, etc. (I know I am complaining a lot here but really, these two programs can't talk to each other and share information??).  Anyway got it all sorted out and my takeoff planned when boom...."your activation is invalid" and the whole thing shut down.  Thankfully I had printed out my documents already.  This is minor, and I am sure just a teething problem on release.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If the PFPX had been designed to "by itself" picking up info from the aircraft cfg-files you would have to have it installed on the same comuputer as your FSX.

Not quite. I have AirHauler installed on my laptop and it can read the aircraft configs from my FSX machine. Also I can export fuel and payload from my laptop to the FSX machine.

I don't find the way.. and if not.. I think is a big mistake.

I am not so sure about this.  It may require editing a text file as opposed to creating the profile directly from PFPX. There is a thread about user created aircraft profiles on the PFPX forum but I have not looked into it in detail.

Mark W   CYYZ      

If the weights aren't right, the fuel is not going to be right

Not only..as far as I understand PFPX works on a customizable acft database but still uses real acft specs, especially regarding fuel burn calculations that depends on engine thrust, TSFC, effective drag, etc..FS has a lot of limitations accurately simulating real aircraft aerodynamics (and consequently fuel burn) and you shouldn't expect a very good fit unless calculations are directly made from the FS model (another story). However, fortunately many FS commercial aircrafts are pretty well optimized and a 5-6% difference is still a very good result (don't expect better, or only by chance..)    

Finally set up my aircraft weights (PMDG NGX-800W) from LIPZ to EGKK.  Plan was actually pretty easy to do and I printed it to the free Primo PDF printer.  Another hickup I found was when exporting to Topcat.  You need to set up the Topcat aircraft again with weights, etc. (I know I am complaining a lot here but really, these two programs can't talk to each other and share information??).  Anyway got it all sorted out and my takeoff planned when boom...."your activation is invalid" and the whole thing shut down.  Thankfully I had printed out my documents already.  This is minor, and I am sure just a teething problem on release.

You raised some very valid points and thanks for the evaluation warts and all. Its still a bit messy and the launch has not gone smoothly however the guts of the programe looks solid. Im going to wait a bit on this one and see how it pans out 

ZORAN

Anyone know if there's any way for PFPX or Topcat to send the weights to the NGX in FSX, or if that system is only for default aircraft?

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg