Sign in to follow this  
Greg Hollen

Labor Day released confirmed?

Hi,

The Wall Street Journal article seem to make a strong inference that the 777 will be released on Labor Day (Monday, August 2) here in the USA.      Can anyone at PMDG confirm this please?       Thank you!

Signed,

Gregory J. Hollen    (PMDG Superfan)

Sigh. Just wait until they release it and stop speculating. You'll drive yourself insane.

Sigh. Just wait until they release it and stop speculating. You'll drive yourself insane.

Probably wont happen since they pushed it back even though they said Monday-Thursday the plane provably won't be out until Wednesday I think due to all the extra testing they had to do, I'm just waiting for the price and system specs they said would be out nearly any time

Mark Roberts

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

The Wall Street Journal article seem to make a strong inference that the 777 will be released on Labor Day (Monday, August 2) here in the USA.     

Can we have a quote of this? What made them sound like it?

My version would be;-

Sigh. Just wait until they release it and stop speculating. You'll drive yourself all of us innocent byestanders insane.

Who knows. They haven't given us a specific date yet so it could be released at any time. I still wouldn't count on the window that RSR gave us. Yes, it would be great if that window was met but again I would not count on it. Who is to say what sort of "glitch(es)" they might run in to that needs ironing out. Until the PMDG B777 is up on the product page (not the $165,000,000 one by the way) it will be tough to speculate the exact date. 

Until then, be excited and enjoy the screenshots in the amalgamated topic!

The beta testers still have to see if they can replicate the issue Robert mentioned before releasing.  Since tomorrow is a US holiday, I would say release would come more along the lines of Wednesday/Thursday of this week if he's satisfied with the results.

Watch the killer video on PMDG's Facebook page to tide you over.  It will be the best 1 hour 22 minutes you'll ever spend...until release that is!  It's also available on You Tube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_tAJ4qz_BYw

Chris Sunseri

Well if all is going to plan the beta testers should have the fixed version in hand and testing so hopefully by Tuesday we should hear some news

Mark Roberts

Well if all is going to plan the beta testers should have the fixed version in hand and testing so hopefully by Tuesday we should hear some news

Mark Roberts

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

The team is probably enjoying the holiday with friends or family so I'm guessing Tuesday is the earliest when we will get news.

Your reading comprehension needs some work. Nowhere in the blog post did it confirm a Labor Day release.

Labor Day (Monday, August 2) here in the USA.

How about September 2? it probably will be later in the week.

NAX669.png

Just curious why would they say Monday-Thursday if they knew for sure that it wouldn't be released til at least Tuesday in all odds?

Mark Roberts 

I am expecting 96 hours prior notice so that we can buff up the servers and the routers. I haven't heard anything yet. :Nerd:

I am expecting 96 hours prior notice so that we can buff up the servers and the routers. I haven't heard anything yet. :Nerd:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So Tom you are saying we are looking at another 4 days from now at least sounds guess Thursday sounds like the day

Mark Roberts

Mark Roberts