Sign in to follow this  
mikjet

How to fly the aircraft without 2D panel?

I never liked the VC - the view is stuck in one place and looking around is a miserable experience - looking up at the upper panel you need to twist your head 90 degrees to look at the switches and knobs.   Maybe it's me and I may not be doing something right, but I seriously miss the 2D panel view right now.   I don't have any of the fancy trackIR or similar device.   Is there a key combination to move the view point like we see in the videos?  I looked around the documentation, found references to popup but these are just big squares appearing on the screen.    

Can we ask for the 2D panel back?   is that an option?  

Any tips, info would be appreciated,

Michel.

Do you have a hat switch on your yoke?  Thats what I use.  Or spacebar and move the mouse at the same time.  2D cockpit isnt included.

Using the preset views in FSX or getting an add-on like EZCA is your best bet. There won't be a 2D panel, as discussed many many times.

Not an option Michel.  Your option is VC using your hat switch or an add-on like EZCA and 2D pop ups to achieve the results you see in the videos.  

Have a great day.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Is there a key combination to move the view point like we see in the videos?

In most of the videos people are using EZCA, but you can try the built in VC views by pressing 'A'.  You'll find pressing 'A' three times will have you looking directly at the overhead panel with no head twisting needed.  Hold 'Shift' and press 'A' three more times to come right back to the pilot's view in the VC.

OK - how?   I have a hat switch but like I said, I can move around but the viewing point is fixed.   looking up and sideways is very challenging.

Do you have to program the hat to be able to move the anchored view point?     I will look into EZCA.  

Not sure whether I am using the 2D popup or not - found the instrument views which I tried and did not work for me.

will experiment and see what I can come up with.   

Michel.

I use a CH yoke.  Check the settings in FSX under controls to make sure your hat switch controls panning.

I am not a big fan of the VC either, but I stuck my 1st 777 landing at KEWR with a 16 KT crosswind.  The reason I like the 2D better, is that the VC needs to be at 40% view and the damn runway seems so small. 

But we have to live with the VC forever.  No sense in beating a dead horse.

Paul Gugliotta

Get Opus instead of EZCA - I dumped EZCA ages ago, OPUS far better now because you also get one of the best weather programs going, and can run it over a network if you wish. including multiple view set ups etc.

I have a belkin keypad also and map views to the buttons on that for quick navigation, including using the HAT on yoke, and mouse occasionally. You can make mouse work with middle mouse button to move around

I never liked the VC - the view is stuck in one place and looking around is a miserable experience - looking up at the upper panel you need to twist your head 90 degrees to look at the switches and knobs.   Maybe it's me and I may not be doing something right, but I seriously miss the 2D panel view right now.   I don't have any of the fancy trackIR or similar device.   Is there a key combination to move the view point like we see in the videos?  I looked around the documentation, found references to popup but these are just big squares appearing on the screen.    

Can we ask for the 2D panel back?   is that an option?  

Any tips, info would be appreciated,

Michel.

While in the cockpit, use the "A" key to cycle between panels.

John

I dumped EZCA ages ago, OPUS far better

Those aren't even remotely the same addons...

OP:

EZDock/EZCA is your best bet here. I've been using it since the NGX (and now the 777) and settings up views only takes a few min.

Erik L.

Opus is your best bet....Best weather, best DHM and best cams.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

While in the cockpit, use the "A" key to cycle between panels.

John

This was the one thing that switched me to 3D, really helpful!

Chuck Madsen

Devil's Advocate:  So I am on a short final, AP OFF, yoke in one hand, throttles in the other...I notice an amber or red flag on the EICAS but I can't read the message or numbers clearly without switching views or moving my viewpoint.  Short final is not a great time to be pressing buttons, using the hat to move my eyes, or zooming in on a piece of a 3D panel.  I love PMDG products, but flying with a 3D panel on 2D monitors is not working for me as it greatly detracts from the realism.  I'll stick to the 737NGX :-)