Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Issue after installing 1.1 patch

I still have trepidation installing this update until I hear from more legit customers that this is not a bug in the installer! I have worked to long and hard to get FSX up to par on my PC at this point.

I have no problems with antipiracy measures, as long as legit customers are notified somehow. This leaves out any doubt. Something as serious as what some are proclaiming, the deletion of the ORBX folder makes me very nervous, then again, maybe I shouldn't be.

Orbx should really be more clear that they are instituting new piracy measures if this is actually the case...imo.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

lol absolutely freaking hilarious if this is indeed the case.  The funny thing is I remember people posting about how money was tight and they couldn't afford addons, then suddenly days later were talking about how good Global is, the PMDG 777 is, and so on...  :lol:

I love it..software thieves -1

ORBX +1

Gotta love it.....and ORBX crafted this that they OUT themselves right here openly on the forums.....beautiful...... 

I still have trepidation installing this update until I hear from more legit customers that this is not a bug in the installer! I have worked to long and hard to get FSX up to par on my PC at this point.

I have no problems with antipiracy measures, as long as legit customers are notified somehow. This leaves out any doubt. Something as serious as what some are proclaiming, the deletion of the ORBX folder makes me very nervous, then again, maybe I shouldn't be.

Orbx should really be more clear that they are instituting new piracy measures if this is actually the case...imo.

Rayz...if you have a paid-for and legitimate copy...then you have no worries.  ORBX doesn't need to make one pre-aware in my books.  It only affects pirated installations.  Gotta love it!  Are you legit?  If so...patch away...and enjoy!

Got it! Just needed some assurances! Its my first order of business as soon as I get home today! I don't have much else going on in my life. :lol:

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Haha, fantastic! Finally pirates are getting their just desserts! Fair play to ORBX for doing this!!

Funnily enough I have a legitimate copy of FTX Global and it works just fine!! And everyone on the ORBX forum complaining of the same has been asked to provide their order number...and yet no one has!!! :LMAO:

Anyone who is using paid-for, legitimate software will experience no ill effects, as I can testify and countless others can - the only people who will be affected are downloaders of illegal software. They can't use the software, and those of us who don't steal can! Win win!

I too noticed both users didn't post their order numbers

Piracy should not be allowed tolerated in any shape, way or form.

I noticed that neither of the two "users" who have had a problem are registered at the product's support forum under the same name as they use here. A little odd, but maybe I'm paranoid?

I notice that one of the two user names posted here just happens to match to a poster at a pirate site and that the person at the pirate site just uploaded a C172. Dang! Ain't it funny how these twisted tales unfold?

I installed Global  v1.1 update yesterday, works just fine, all my other Orbx stuff is just fine. 

Jeff Hendershot
"Roger, Roger...What's Our Vector, Victor?"

I installed Global v1.1 update yesterday, works just fine, all my other Orbx stuff is just fine.

That's because you don't steal software!

I notice that one of the two user names posted here just happens to match to a poster at a pirate site and that the person at the pirate site just uploaded a C172. Dang! Ain't it funny how these twisted tales unfold?

That just infuriates me to no end.

I noticed that neither of the two "users" who have had a problem are registered at the product's support forum under the same name as they use here. A little odd, but maybe I'm paranoid?

Amazing what you can find by just typing someone's user name into google or on social media sites.

However, without IP addresses and such there is no way to prove that the same user name on different websites is the same person. For that reason it is better not to out someone publicly. Leave that to administrators and/or the proper authorities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nivQIgk2EKk

LOL!

I remember some time ago JV was asked about Orbx's policy towards piracy... he said something to the effect of not being too bothered about it as the pirates won't buy his stuff anyway and the best approach was to "convert" them to legitimate users. Seems like the massive popularity of FTXG (and no doubt massive piracy) has hardened Orbx's attitude somewhat!

lol absolutely freaking hilarious if this is indeed the case.  The funny thing is I remember people posting about how money was tight and they couldn't afford addons, then suddenly days later were talking about how good Global is, the PMDG 777 is, and so on...  :lol:

John Venema for President!!!   :lol:

John Venema for President!!!   :lol:

He already is, in one of, or very top country in our virtual world!

Kind regards,

First of all, I will never register at ORBX forum, because - 1. never had ANY issues with their products, and 2. I don't like the tone and politics there, so I was avoiding it, simple as that.

Second, you are paranoid, and you are making me really frustrated and nervous about this topic. I spent over 500 euros on addons in the past 10 months or so, so if somebody point a finger at you claiming that you are a pirate, that is pretty insulting. Also, I saw bunch of "Pe11e" usernames across the net, and how many times I couldn't not register at some forum because that username is already taken!

I will not search for that username on google or whatever. I don't even had to justify myself because my conscience is clear.

And yes, my last saved bucks I spent on C172 (my wife almost killed me), so I know that wasn't me. A2A is best developer, and I'm glad I can buy their planes. It is better for sure than buying some stupid game for same amount of money!

And you have an evidence on this subforum that I updated Global to v1.1, so I have a legit version.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

First of all, I will never register at ORBX forum, because - 1. never had ANY issues with their products, and 2. I don't like the tone and politics there, so I was avoiding it, simple as that.

Second, you are paranoid, and you are making me really frustrated and nervous about this topic. I spent over 500 euros on addons in the past 10 months or so, so if somebody point a finger at you claiming that you are a pirate, that is pretty insulting. Also, I saw bunch of "Pe11e" usernames across the net, and how many times I couldn't not register at some forum because that username is already taken!

I will not search for that username on google or whatever. I don't even had to justify myself because my conscience is clear.

And yes, my last saved bucks I spent on C172 (my wife almost killed me), so I know that wasn't me. A2A is best developer, and I'm glad I can buy their planes. It is better for sure than buying some stupid game for same amount of money!

And you have an evidence on this subforum that I updated Global to v1.1, so I have a legit version.

You don't have to prove anything to anyone, but perhaps you should pass on to your brother the virtues of paying for software ;)