Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

777 freezing

I don't know what else to try. My freezes are occurring on pretty much every flight after about an hour of flight. Mostly occur at cruise altitude or on approach. Now they're occurring on both the 737NGX and the T7. It doesn't matter whether I after scenery activated via Scenery Config Mgr or not. It doesn't matter if I have Opus activated, TrackIR or ProATC/X or none of them; still get a freeze that never ends except via Ctrl/Alt/Del. The sound keeps going along with ATC chatter if I have it turned on. I've tried deleting the fsx.cfg file to no avail. I don't see that I have a simconnect.ini file anywhere. I found a log associated with the install of FSUIPC 4.92 that said it couldn't find the "ESP" file whatever that is. But all my addons are working well and the visuals are smooth and the T7 is a joy to fly until it freezes. Like others, the tutorial worked fine the first time but now I can't even get it to complete with no weather. I'm so frustrated! I don't want to have to reinstall FSX from scratch but I've run out of things to try.

Any other suggestions or comments?

Thanks!

Fred Ziker

Fred Ziker

i7-13700k, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790, 32gb DDR5-6400, GeForce RTX3080Ti, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD

I'd like to add, and I'm not sure this is the same issue that has happened to others, but I ran into a problem with my screen stuttering every 5-8 seconds and with the PMDG 737NGX it was worse...after many hours of troubleshooting, we discovered that the problem was in the FSUIPC Wide Server/Client setup.  Not using the WS with FSUIPC solved that problem and I've run several short flights in the 777X and have had no stutter or freeze....

One other point...if you have more than one network driver, you might get some severe latency issues which could interfere with your streaming from the internet.  Ryan from PMDG suggested to download the software then test through Device Manager and I noticed a significant improvement after disabling the redundant network connections.  There were a few odd spikes disabling some of the USB drivers, but I saw significant improvement when disabling the redundant network drivers.

Just a thought...

Cheers,
Dave

Had this problem only recently but the last straw was yesterday when I took 4.5 hours to do a 3.5 hour flight, that is 1 whole hour of freezes, extremely frustrating. Did the same flight with the default 737 and had no issues at all, so it had to be something to do with the PMDG777. Checked this thread after noticing that in the 777 panel state there were approx. 60 saved panelstates and to my knowledge I only saved 1.

So I went into FSUIPC (not sure this is even compatible with FSX but hey ho) and unchecked the autosave function, then deleted all of the saved panel states in the 777 Panel state folder (there were over 400 files in total) and tried again.

Since then I have had no freezes - coincidence? Well I will keep flying and see what happens but I am certainly happier today than yesterday I can tell you especially after completing a 10 hour flight. Also noticed that no new panelstate saves were made.

Will keep an eye on this issue.

Colin

Tonight with the NGX, OPUS FSX, EFB on approach from ENVA to ENGM at FL100, FSX totally freezes,
I could still hear vatsim atc asking me to descent, so I closed IFR but then after some minute I decided to kill FSX.

I did got another freeze some week ago on a flight with the 777 but just for a minute and then everything turns out normal.

I can say that my FSX setup is in a good shape, as I didn't had problem for more then a year, flying NGX safely.

I also want to report that every time I use OPC and something got update my FS2crew on NGX get disabled where normally I leave it active.

I'll throw my hat in the ring on this, had my second freeze with the 777. Happened in a similar location to the first one, in southwest Germany on the way to MUC. I didn't even touch anything, sim just froze a couple hundred miles out. I did a flight from IAD to HNL with no issues so I know my system can handle the flying length. I have FTX global and FS Global Real Weather and was flying from FSDT KORD to Aerosoft EDDM. I have the NGX and have only had a freeze once or twice after numerous flights so I don't consider that out of the ordinary.

Brandon Sherzer

Had this problem only recently but the last straw was yesterday when I took 4.5 hours to do a 3.5 hour flight, that is 1 whole hour of freezes, extremely frustrating. Did the same flight with the default 737 and had no issues at all, so it had to be something to do with the PMDG777. Checked this thread after noticing that in the 777 panel state there were approx. 60 saved panelstates and to my knowledge I only saved 1.So I went into FSUIPC (not sure this is even compatible with FSX but hey ho) and unchecked the autosave function, then deleted all of the saved panel states in the 777 Panel state folder (there were over 400 files in total) and tried again.Since then I have had no freezes - coincidence? Well I will keep flying and see what happens but I am certainly happier today than yesterday I can tell you especially after completing a 10 hour flight. Also noticed that no new panelstate saves were made.Will keep an eye on this issue.Colin

You might want to mention this to Doug Dawson, the author of FSUIPC; he is constantly reviewing and revising the utility and has been very responsive to good input in the past. No guarantee it will lead anywhere, but if he has the info and thinks something can be done, he will do it.

Hello,

I am afraid to fly my PMDG 777.....Because it the inevitable CTD and other OOM...

Regis

Regis Biassala 

• OOMs: Risk can be measured (process explorer) and settings/texture sizes can be adjusted.
  • CTDs: Are not caused by the PMDG T7.
  • Freezes: PCs recover on their own after a couple of minutes.

So there's nothing to be afraid of ...

As soon as I will start to get this on a regular basis (I've already had them a few times) then I will be saying bye bye to FSX and come back as soon as we'll have a new sim. It would be pity though looking at how much I've spent over the years. Qnd because of what I am reading every day I am becoming more and more hesitant to buy new add-ons.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Like I said earlier here I have also solved mine with disabling autosave and cleaning up the panelatate folder. After that 50 hours freeze free. PMDG is probably working hard behind the scenes to track this down so Ill keep my hopes up for others who do not seem to be able to solve this with the way I did.

I am just tired of wasting flying with this PMDG 777...The plane/FSX froze after 5 hours into my long flight....I am just tired of this.

Regis

Regis Biassala 

Had a couple of weeks now after getting rid of the auto save feature and have to say things are just getting worse. Every flight now has a freeze of at least 5 mins but today was the very last straw. I had a freeze at 2000ft agl after take off, then after 2 hours in the cruise but worse was to follow. At about 400 miles from TOD the panel froze completely but the sim kept working and I was able to watch the clouds go by and even my destination went by me 38000ft below and I was powerless to do anything.

As much as I love the T7, this is not fun anymore and I'm just getting wound up all the time. I won't be flying this anymore until there is a fix and I certainly would n't recommend this to anyone.

BTW I repeated every flight that I did with the T7 with a default plane and had no issues, so I know where the problem is.

Have the same problem with freezes after about 5 minutes fsx unfreezes.

Kimo

Like I said earlier here I have also solved mine with disabling autosave

+1

Over 200+ flight hours now since disabling autosave and it's been flawless, including zero OOM's.  Seems as though PMDG designed this beautiful bird for ASUS gaming laptops such as my own.

Chris Sunseri