Sign in to follow this  
uhntissbaby111

AP commanding minimum speed on climb

Alaaar,

It depends, as I'm still learning the plane. Sometimes I'll just hop in the sim and do the flight from the default engines running panel state. And other times I'll use the short turn panel state. I have yet to use cold and dark

Adam

Been struggling with this for a few days now. I've been flying my standard route, KORD-KABQ, and I've even looked at the tut 1 video and read the manual to make sure I wasn't missing a step. I can't get her to climb, nor pick up speed.

I attached a pic. My At IS ON,LNAV/VNAV on, AP is on. My FL is set to 360. No matter what I do, after rotation, the speed doesn't pick up and it won't climb. After this shot, I set the VS to 1800, and the speed drops close to the red marks. FLCH does about the same. My fuel is set to short flight, No SID selected. I just got the throttles to respond with the AT on this week and now I'm having this issue.

Gnacino

I attached a pic. My At IS ON,LNAV/VNAV on, AP is on. My FL is set to 360. No matter what I do, after rotation, the speed doesn't pick up and it won't climb. After this shot, I set the VS to 1800, and the speed drops close to the red marks. FLCH does about the same. My fuel is set to short flight, No SID selected. I just got the throttles to respond with the AT on this week and now I'm having this issue.

Delete your FSUIPC.ini and let it rebuild.  That nose down attitude is the big indicator for that kind of issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Alaaar,

It depends, as I'm still learning the plane. Sometimes I'll just hop in the sim and do the flight from the default engines running panel state. And other times I'll use the short turn panel state. I have yet to use cold and dark

Because I always start C&D ....the only time I didn't have this issue when I start with engine running ? maybe its just a coincident 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Thanks Scandianavian 13. It all works fine now except the buttons I had program thru FSUIPC. I didn't delete the ini, just moved it to my desktop. I will put those back tomorrow. What could have been in that file that overrides the AP?

Thanks again, I would have never thought of FSUIPC for this problem. It seems that the pmdg t7 does not like FSUIPC.

Gnacino

Alaaar,

Adam

Adam

I'm having the exact same problem as yourself with the 170kt climb speed on SAM SID's out of EGKK. I started a new thread yesterday but have come across this one.

Did you hear back from Ryan/PMDG on any thing they may have found? as I'm thinking of opening a support ticket.

This is very frustrating as hard to replicate, but your problem is exactly the same as mine.

Thanks again, I would have never thought of FSUIPC for this problem. It seems that the pmdg t7 does not like FSUIPC.

There are pieces that get out of sorts in certain cases, but nothing too complex to fix with deleting the .ini.  Seems that something just gets in the way, dynamics-wise, between FSX, FSUIPC and the 777.

Kyle Rodgers

Tony,

I have not heard anything from Ryan since he said he would take a look at it. And I have not yet opened a ticket, as I wasn't sure if it was just on my end or if others see it. And it seems now that it's not just me getting this issue. I agree, it is very frustrating and hard to replicate

Adam

I think I have a situation where I can replicate ......I am not sure ...if you start a flight C&D @ the gate, later pressed VNAV as part of path check ....eventually it give you the green light confirming the vertical path........mostly, it will maintain the V2+20 (initial speed inserted @ the MCP)  or 1st speed restriction at the SID tell cruise altitude (not every time), however, if you press VNAV after TO the phenomena won't occur ... at least twice I tried .....maybe that's the clue ?

Alaa A. Riad

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Tony,

I have not heard anything from Ryan since he said he would take a look at it. And I have not yet opened a ticket, as I wasn't sure if it was just on my end or if others see it. And it seems now that it's not just me getting this issue. I agree, it is very frustrating and hard to replicate

Adam

Ok, thanks Adam.

Since I sent you the message I've had a play around and found for me that's it's deleting the altitude/speed constraints of the SID that causes my problems. If I delete them all as I'm climbing the FMC seems to recalculate a speed of 170kts on the legs page which the aircraft starts to decrease speed even though in the VNAV page of the FMC I have a speed of 320kts and I have VNAV engaged on the MCP.

Once again it seems a random event and on certain SID's.

Only a question to those people having this climb speed iusse. Is it possible, that you select TO 1 or 2 AND put in a SEL temperatur  ? I ask because I never had this iusses until I put both in the thrust lim page. If you put in the SEL temperatur and after that choose a TO option the SEL temperatur is being erased, but you can put it back. I did it like that and my speed was locked to 184kts. So is it possible that there is an iusse ? 

If I use SEL temperatur or TO1 /2 my climb speed is normal.

Only a thought....

cheers Galskiman

Yes I always use Flex temp and derated configurations......however the issue stopped with me when I select VNAV & LNAV right after take off 

Alaa A. Riad

After a while of not having this problem, it surfaced again yesterday. I took off and everything was fine. About 5 minutes into the climb I decided I would go ahead and input the STAR and rwy for arrival. Here's where things got strange. Upon pressing the Dep/Arr button, it took me to LTBA arrivals, however the flight was from LTBA going to Munich, so I had to go to the main Dep/Arr page and select EDDM arrivals. I first picked the rwy and then the STAR. And executed, everything still good. It was when I went back and inserted a Rwy Ext that the speed dropped. And coincidently, the commanded speed was 170, and looking at the legs page the FMC was caking for 170 at the rwy ext coming into EDDM