Sign in to follow this  
Jetx44

Suggestion for the 777

Hi PDMG!

Say, what if you can install air stairs?   The 737 has it and it would be a wonderful add on for the triple.   Maybe have a option under the menu to where it rolls in to either the first door or the second??

Just an idea

dont think 777 has stair option.  might want to check specs of real plane but dont remember seeing that in list of equipment that boeing provided on 777

Thanks,

Andrei.

I don't think the 777 has built-in airstairs; probably too high off the ground for that to be practical.  However, I would have been nice if they had included a selectable external airstair, especially for the freighter.  It just does not look right sitting on the cargo ramp with all the doors open, but no way for crew to get in or out.  I remember that PMDG did include this for the 744 freighter.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

The 737 has it and it would be a wonderful add on for the triple.

It was there because the real 737 has this feature.

The 777 does not, so it's doubtful that this would be added.

Kyle Rodgers

Say, what if you can install air stairs? The 737 has it and it would be a wonderful add on for the triple. Maybe have a option under the menu to where it rolls in to either the first door or the second??

Just an idea

Do you truly understand how big this plane really is? I work on aircraft like this for a living so take it from me, it is next to impossibe/impractical to have one installed. There are several issues:

-the plane is too high. The doors are almost three stories high. That is a lot of stairs

-with that much stairs, where can you stow such a large and heavy contraption? The doors are located above the cargo holds and electronics bay. there simply isn't any room.

-safety. Stairs going that high must be sturdy and that means it will be heavy. No need for the extra weight.

Nice try though :P

The stairs would not be installed but an option to wheel it out to the doors.  How do the folks of FEDEX that fly the 777 get into the plane?  Just wondering..

The stairs would not be installed but an option to wheel it out to the doors.  How do the folks of FEDEX that fly the 777 get into the plane?  Just wondering..

I guess real world airlines use GSX or AES

It's not PMDG's job to simulate what happens outside of the airplane.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

How do the folks of FEDEX that fly the 777 get into the plane?

Stairs, but those are more reminiscent of something like what GSX provides.

Kyle Rodgers

Stairs, but those are more reminiscent of something like what GSX provides.

PMDG created dock-able stairs for their 747s.  I kinda wish they would bring them back, and wondered why they stopped incorporating those stairs into their future (then) products.

PMDG created dock-able stairs for their 747s.  I kinda wish they would bring them back, and wondered why they stopped incorporating those stairs into their future (then) products.

I remember, but that was before there was a reputable source for ground operations.

The problem is that the approach you're referring to requires each developer to do this on their own, which means only their aircraft get to use that feature.  Instead, utilities like GSX have come around to make it more universal, and take that pointless load off of the aircraft developers.

Kyle Rodgers

I remember, but that was before there was a reputable source for ground operations.

The problem is that the approach you're referring to requires each developer to do this on their own, which means only their aircraft get to use that feature.  Instead, utilities like GSX have come around to make it more universal, and take that pointless load off of the aircraft developers.

Sure... except for those people that don't want to spend $40 for a dock-able airstair and pushback car.  Therefore, "pointless load" is rather subjective.

Sure... except for those people that don't want to spend $40 for a dock-able airstair and pushback car.  Therefore, "pointless load" is rather subjective.

Eh...that's debatable...

Sure, it's subjective, but given that PMDG hasn't included what you're referring to since the J41, it would appear that they have a similar stance.

Subjective or not, reality is something you have to face.  GSX (and others) have ground simulations available.  PMDG clearly has determined that this is a better avenue for simulating ground operations, instead of burning their own time to include stuff like that.  I'd say that's pretty straightforward, and rather reasonable.

$40?  Sure, but it works with all of your aircraft essentially.

Kyle Rodgers

PDMG makes a high quality product just like A2A.  Both of them are the cream of the crop when it comes to designing planes that are the real deal.  A2A has the B377 and has a wonderful air stair that comes up to the side of the plane once you activate the door to open.  I was thinking on that line with the 777 that a simple air stair that can come up to the side of the plane or move away.  It is all about realism. :rolleyes: 

It is all about realism

It was there because the real 737 has this feature.

The 777 does not, so it's doubtful that this would be added.

I know 737 has the automatic air stair that comes out of the plane but to have a external type that moves to the door as an option.