Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

I hope it's true

I find the 727 and the 757 to be the most graceful looking aircraft Boeing has produced. Anyone who thinks the "Guppy" (737) is better looking than a 757 is out of their minds !!!!! LOL!!!!

Kind regards.

I lived in Iceland for many years and travelled quite a lot. Icelandair's fleet is exclusively 757 and I have a special love for those birds (trivia: they all have names and all are named after Icelandic volcanoes). That said …

Look at one landing from a side - don't they look like giant birds of pray just getting ready to grab something with the claws?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Icelandair_Boeing_757-256_Wedelstaedt.jpg

I lived in Iceland for many years and travelled quite a lot. Icelandair's fleet is exclusively 757 and I have a special love for those birds (trivia: they all have names and all are named after Icelandic volcanoes). That said …

Look at one landing from a side - don't they look like giant birds of pray just getting ready to grab something with the claws?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Icelandair_Boeing_757-256_Wedelstaedt.jpg

So true. Born and raised in Iceland. Moved to the states when I was 13. It's a small world. Always thought the 757 was a beautiful bird. It would look even better sporting a 50's or early 60's livery.

Regards

Well, wasn't being airline specific with the liveries. I just miss cheat lines I guess. The older liveries remind me of a time when people dressed up to go the airport and take a flight. I especially like the old American Airlines livery on the 727's. I always thought the VC-10 looked elegant. How many of us know what a VC-10 is LOL!

Hate to burst the bubble of all, but Boeing and any manufacturer for that matter, has beauty low on the priority list. Its what ever turns out to be the most efficient. If it was the ugliest thing on earth and has the appropriate capacity, but saved 30% more fuel it would sell. 

That said, the 747 is a legend regardless what anyone thinks. It transformed long haul aviation. To pushback a 747 back in my ramp days was truly an incredible experience. Its unique in its own rite with a hump on top. It has character just like the MD11 does in my opinion. People beg to differ, but its history is arguably nothing short of spectacular. Its not to downplay other aircraft from Boeing as aircraft like the 57/67 and powerful 777 have their own awesomeness and personality, but the 747 is just in a category on its own. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Funny but IMHO the 747 in general (all variants) is a very ugly aircraft.  767 and 777 both have much better lines.

Blasphemy! This is madness! :lol:

To be honest, the only airliner that deserves the ugly tag is the A380.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Hate to burst the bubble of all, but Boeing and any manufacturer for that matter, has beauty low on the priority list. Its what ever turns out to be the most efficient. If it was the ugliest thing on earth and has the appropriate capacity, but saved 30% more fuel it would sell. 

That said, the 747 is a legend regardless what anyone thinks. It transformed long haul aviation. To pushback a 747 back in my ramp days was truly an incredible experience. Its unique in its own rite with a hump on top. It has character just like the MD11 does in my opinion. People beg to differ, but its history is arguably nothing short of spectacular. Its not to downplay other aircraft from Boeing as aircraft like the 57/67 and powerful 777 have their own awesomeness and personality, but the 747 is just in a category on its own.

I realize beauty doesn't always mimic function. I'm awe inspired by the 747. It must have been even more so in 1970 when it debuted more than doubling the MTOW of the 707.

I always thought the VC-10 looked elegant. How many of us know what a VC-10 is LOL!

Now you are talking! I grew up living under the flightpath to EGCC Manchester where they were very regular visitors. One of the most graceful airliners ever made.

Yep so true! Ironically on release day for the 777 I found out I was beta testing the 747 next week, from a 12 year old LOL.

Now you are talking! I grew up living under the flightpath to EGCC Manchester where they were very regular visitors. One of the most graceful airliners ever made.

It's one of the very few aircraft with a 4 eng tail mounted configuration, save perhaps the IL-62. Have 3rd party software for FS-9 of the VC-10. It's terrible, I realize, but it's out there. I've never seen one in person. I'm sure they were quite a sight.

Kind regards

The original jumbo jet (747) is such a beautiful aircraft. However, Concorde is by far the best looking aircraft that has ever been made (my opinion).

Funny how we all have different tastes...

I find the 747 a very elegant airplane, very nice to look at, specially the intercontinental...

the 787 looks futuristic but not as nice as the 747....

for me the 767 and the triple 7 are not the prettiest, and the most beautiful of the boeing aircraft has always been the 727 and his successor the 757... They are both beautiful to watch.