Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Too much T7 ?

With low plane load this power is overwhelming.

Read up on thrust derates.. using all available power with those GE90s is like using a nuke to bug bomb your house.  A little excessive.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Guest BrianKoehler99

most all developers have their own forums, I find it odd that the best of all of them don't have forums.  OP is right....PMDG should look into getting their own forums.

I've got a fever.....and the only cure.....is more T7 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Matthew Kane

I imagine PMDG brings a lot of traffic to their website and traffic is the name of the game. I doubt Avsim would want to lose PMDG for that reason alone, not to mention, they seem to have a good working relationship. I'm a "if doesn't have a prop hanging off the front, it's not a real airplane" type of guy, but I still enjoy reading the PMDG forums for the "How come there are no 2d panels and where is the weather radar" threads.

I imagine PMDG brings a lot of traffic to their website and traffic is the name of the game. I'm a "if doesn't have a prop hanging off the front, it's not a real airplane" type of guy.

I agree that added traffic to AVSIM is probably a good thing in the long run. I too still like the sound of those props churning (particularly the BIG props)................ :lol:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I love it. I personally feel it's one of the most impressive addons I've ever purchased.

Worry not though, the PMDG forums will soon return to the usual nag-fest for release dates of the next projects. And then all will be right and good in the FS world ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I've got a fever.....and the only cure.....is more T7 

I have no problem with the T7 or T7/PMDG owners.  Lets just find a more suitable solution to the topic/message volume so the rest of us can more effectively find what we need as well.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Well, other than Avsim giving PMDG the boot, which I don't see happening and personally hope not, the other only solution, would be some sort of draconian moderation, which would just make a lot of people irate and possibly make it worse. As was suggested, the best thing is just wait for things to calm down. I don't see what else you can do. Besides, it's kind of fun reading the responses to the 2d panel/ weather radar requests. Some of those responders, are right on the border line of having an coronary.

Actually, rather than PMDG have its own site, I wish MORE developers had forums here. It's kind of like human geography, the reason why car dealerships are usually located near each other, or why a Walgreens is almost always across the street from a CVS. Putting more people in one place with shared and overlapping interests generates more traffic and more input on ALL discussion topics. So, while the volume of T7 traffic may be overwhelming, chances are some of the people who are contributing in other topics wouldn't be here but for PMDG's presence here.

And is it really that burdensome to scroll past topics of which you have no interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

I have no problem with the T7 or T7/PMDG owners.  Lets just find a more suitable solution to the topic/message volume so the rest of us can more effectively find what we need as well.

I think it is difficult one to manage. AVSIM does host the PMDG forums and I am fine with that. What that does is alleviates the resources at PMDG by outsourcing that to AVSIM so they can focus on product development. AVSIM takes the strain of Forum Management away from PMDG in return. Many companies outsource various things like IT to someone else so this is nothing new.

What the issue is people don't know where the PMDG forum is located on AVSIM so they are posting about the T7 in various different areas. When you have this many people this excited about one release this will be inevitable. 

When you start cracking down on posts it gets negative so the mods are very good at using discretion to strike a balance between moderating the online community......as with every forum out there you will never be able to make everyone happy.

I am the type of person that when things get a little too much on these forums I just go for a walk and come back when all the dust settles.

The T7 storm will pass and on to the next one....

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Guest meshman

And is it really that burdensome to scroll past topics of which you have no interest?

For me? No, it isn't. For others, evidently it is... B)

Admittedly I was getting a little tired of the T7 posts myself - then I got the airplane - now I read nearly every one and look forward to more. It's just that good - and I am not a tubeliner fan by nature! I love it and I can't leave the crazy thing alone!

The issue is much more that they scroll off before we see them.

Well, other than Avsim giving PMDG the boot

?????

Nothing like what I envisioned.  I believe I suggested that Avsim provide a second list on its main page such as a "Latest PMDG Forum Topics" list that would be in addition to the "Latest Forum Topics" list.  Topics would appear in one of the two lists but not both.  That would provide two scrolling lists.  One for PMDG and one for all others.  That way non-PMDG related topics would not scroll off so quickly.

Then I concur with another's suggestion that Avsim staff relocate PMDG related topics to the PMDG area.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Well, I hope you like the 747.  Because once the T7 dust settles and the 747 v2 comes out, it's going to start all over again :lol: .