Sign in to follow this  
spirit_66

Thank you Paul

@all

I think it's high time to thank Paul for all his tireless contribution towards the DX10 project!

From my point of view he's the pusher of DX10 with his patient way to organize, document and clarify all the important facts about FSX/DX10. His commitment gave Steve the chance to create the DX10 fixer and now we can happily enjoy the benefits of DX10.

We're the witnesses of a new era in FSX simmering.

Thank you very much Paul

Spirit

PS: Maybe I didn't notice some other helpful hands and brains, sorry for this and thanks too :rolleyes:

Paul you are one of those who is keeping this hobby alive. Without guys like Paul this hobby would have died long ago but here we are running a 8 year old Sim that still has decent graphics and now with dx10 working it has great graphics.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Most definitely! He's going to be a lot busier in the DX10 forum now :lol:

A BIG thanks to Steve Parsons and his beta testers (Paul Johnson, Gerald Salden, Tomaz Drnovsek & Charles Earl) each of you have added to the enjoyment and longevity of FSX! Thank you, thank you.............job well done. I am sure that the weeks and months ahead will let us see additional improvements. :Applause:  :drinks:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Yes, a very big thanks to Paul and everyone involved in the DX10 Fixer.

I just finish VFR flying around Minneapolis St Paul Airport (day, dusk, night) using GEX and REX (turned off MSE) and was very pleased with the results.  I tried hard, but just couldn't find any issues ... all those nice bridges, lights, reflections and more.  I thought DX10 with my free updates were great, but Steve's DX10 fixer has really stepped it up a notch.

Great work gents.

Agreed. Paul has helped me numerous times with DX10 issues.

Thank you Paul.

Yep, big "thank you" from me too, to Steve, Paul, and all those involved in DX10 Fixer, and supporting DX10 in general.  :drinks:

Dave Garwood.

Another big thank you to all who have brought the "Fixer" to us all.

A special thank you to Paul, for all he does here, and especially for all he does behind the scenes.

Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

+1 to everything in this thread. They did and are doing a great job.

:drinks:

Now let's hope that developers will pick up this new 'phenomenon' and are willing to read some of Steve's notes regarding DX10 compatibility.

It would make the products better and will lessen the amount of skepticism still roaming around wildly, even here on AVSim.

The things you still read sometimes...  :help: 

+1 to everything in this thread. They did and are doing a great job.

:drinks:

Now let's hope that developers will pick up this new 'phenomenon' and are willing to read some of Steve's notes regarding DX10 compatibility.

It would make the products better and will lessen the amount of skepticism still roaming around wildly, even here on AVSim.

The things you still read sometimes... :help:

Exactly PMDGs stance on dx10 is still don't use it its buggy.We need to.get them on board the dx10 train, it seems where PMDG goes so does the community.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Paul... Well done :) I'm sure you've enjoyed every moment. I also feel thanks should goto Mrs Paul J for being patient and keeping him fed.

Wholeheartedly agree! Cheers Paul! :drinks:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Yes, a very big thanks to Paul and everyone involved in the DX10 Fixer.

I just finish VFR flying around Minneapolis St Paul Airport (day, dusk, night) using GEX and REX (turned off MSE) and was very pleased with the results.  I tried hard, but just couldn't find any issues ... all those nice bridges, lights, reflections and more.  I thought DX10 with my free updates were great, but Steve's DX10 fixer has really stepped it up a notch.

Great work gents.

So is DX10 now a no-brainer?  The screen shots I see make it hard to tell how it's better, but apparently it is.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Mostly, Noel - 1). FSX becomes smoother - noticeably so - right down to 17 frames. 2). FSX water appears much more realistic, as there are more, smaller, and better-defined waves, and whitecaps which will depend upon - and show you - where the wind is coming from. 3). I have not heard of one person having an OOM since moving to DX10. 4). When FSX, the driver support software, the operating system is optimised and the hardware 'tuned' - FSX will support a higher framerate with heavier graphics load - the degree of improvement will depend upon the hardware, somewhat, and how much work one is prepared to put into the conversion. It's also somewhat subjective, as one person does not necessarily want the same "look" or "feel" as the next person, but, by and large, DX10 will improve the FSX experience.

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thank you Paul

Yes. Thank you - thank you. - and thank you, Paul J.    :Applause: