Sign in to follow this  
electricclay

Landing and taxi light

I seem to recall a message thread during the beta test period that posed this question and the tech team pilots responded that this is how it looks out of the cockpit.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

I have a question about taxi light.In NGX it moves with angle of wheels to the right and left because of the light position.But in my 777 taxi light only illuminates directly from the nose without turning when taxiing.Is it normal?

EFE

Landing, Taxi and Runway Turn Off light brightness are modeled as exactly that of the actual aircraft. This has been verified by a few of our tech pilots.

Fact is, the aircraft is big, it sits high off the ground and the wings are farther behind the cockpit, it is quite a stretch for the illumination to shine up the area in front of you.

Brightness will vary at certain commercial airports due to differences in materials and we cannot account for every kind of material, it is simply way too much work. What you see is a fair compromise between what is realistic and unrealistic.

Oh and for those who think that the nose gear lights should turn with the nose gear, you are thinking of the NGX. The 777 does NOT have lights that turn with the nose wheel.

Regards,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

I have a question about taxi light.In NGX it moves with angle of wheels to the right and left because of the light position.But in my 777 taxi light only illuminates directly from the nose without turning when taxiing.Is it normal?

EFE

That's because the 737 has the taxi light is mounted on the nose gear, and the 777 don't

Scandinavian 13

Calm down please, some one is asking for help and this is a hobby after all; if you feel there is a lack of fact based evidence given initially, then there is a way of asking for more information from them that isn't so abrupt, I didn't understand your initial response myself, maybe that's just me. I have read other comments on the forums you have made and enjoyed your commentary very much and you clearly very knowledgeable and passionate about aviation. I think in this case you are getting off the subject 'a wee bit' in educating the rest of us on how to be more scientific in our questions No hard feelings. 

I'm making some popcorn.

:lol: . It really is like a soap opera 'round here sometimes.

Kyle, no need to take every complaint in here as a direct attack on you.

Sometimes I'd swear you built the damn thing!!!

Jimmy Nestor

Clearly not. If he had it would obviously be perfect. Fact!

I'm not  a fan of ppl who almost berate comments made by others on forums like this. After all we are all here for help and advice and sometimes to express opinions.

Just my personal opinion of course. :lol:

Agreed. It wasn't even a complaint, a guy asking a question or for help and guess what...pompous git jumps down someones throat again...Elitism should have no place here.

People come here for help because they like what they have bought. Maybe to ask a question because they may not understand something or everything. Don't repel them.

People come here for help because they like what they have bought. Maybe to ask a question because they may not understand something or everything. Don't repel them.

Couldn't agree more!!

If you don't want to help, please do not post.

Nice 777 Great aircraft , but I notice the landing and taxi light are too low (brightness).That not good when landing at night ,plus to taxi to the gate poor lighting ,Can that be in the next update....Thx

electricclay

Absolutely.  If you are taxiing and looking thru the VC windshield you can hardly see any illumination.  Now change to 2D open view or top down view--super bright.  The thru the VC view needs to be brightened quite a lot.  I can't imagine what occurs now is how it would actually be.   It is as if the windshield blocks 90% of light intensity, and that's too much.  I'm going to put in a ticket because it is really out of whack IMO too.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Calm down please

I'm calm.  I really have to reconsider how I type on here though, because it seems a lot of people can mistake my inferred tone.  I type like I speak and I guess I infer mood and approach a lot more through my vocal tone.  The only time I was actually getting riled up was with Chris' post (sorry Chris!), and that was because I was still sitting at my desk here at 2123, having been here since 0800.

haha - I helped test it, so there's a small personal stake, but I understand where you're coming from.

Clearly not. If he had it would obviously be perfect. Fact!

haha - thanks for the vote of confidence.  I don't think I could have come anywhere close to what these guys have done.  Plus, I'm sure there would've been even more vitriol around here regarding release dates.  I've been working on a music video for an artist I know (as a project for myself, not him) for over three months now.

Agreed. It wasn't even a complaint, a guy asking a question or for help and guess what...pompous git jumps down someones throat again...Elitism should have no place here.

It has nothing to do with elitism and everything to do with the fact that nobody is going to change something on a whim because someone doesn't think it's correct.  I simply asked what facts he was basing his assertion on, and then the peanut gallery showed up to comment on how much of a jerk I am for some reason.  At least I was addressing the original question and not introducing an unnecessary tangent.

To everyone:

The reason I'm a bit more badgerish in the forums about things like this is that I actually pass things on to the team to be fixed.  If I'm not convinced it's a problem, I'm not going to bother the team with it, but I'd at least like to hear people out, so I ask for more detail.

That said - no, I don't believe I'm the official avenue to the team.  I know full well that they do their own looking around on the forum (evidenced in Jason's response, above).  I'm just saying that I'm not going to pass it on personally if I don't think the team needs to address it.  Regardless of if it's me, or one of the team members sees it directly, you're going to have to convince somebody it's an issue.

Does that make a little more sense?

So, this isn't me trying to be a jerk, it's me trying to find out if it's something that legitimately needs to be fixed.  That's a lot more helpful than all of the side commentary about my supposed personal issues, despite the assertions otherwise.

Kyle Rodgers

I check my lights at  some other airports  and it work fine , so  it was the airport Scenery was the problem that   cause my  light to look so poor and that  my first  night landing in the 777 .

Again thank for all your helps

Clayton

I check my lights at  some other airports  and it work fine , so  it was the airport Scenery was the problem that   cause my  light to look so poor and that  my first  night landing in the 777 .

Again thank for all your helps

Clayton

Glad to hear you have it going on Clayton.

Now everyone can take a breather

...hey is that popcorn done yet?

This subject can be addressed left and right, there are the desktop Captains, the REAL Captains and pilots (like myself, private grounded long ago, health issues) and those who like the powerfull lights like myself or the ones that likes them dim. However real Captains look at them from the cockpit. But as a Television Director and Producer, I have been dealing with Aircraft Landing lights for over 30 years!, Those black lamps on stages and studios  PAR 56 and PAR 64 light fixtures... yes you are correct...they use aircraft landing lights bulbs!, and believe  me they are strong and bright like hell!

Maybe he is having my problem, I see them very dark for a second or I don't see them at all...  here ALL my lights are on. Total darkness.

VCNolights_zpsa2c4bff9.jpg

But I can see them in external view, however last night I discovered that I don't see them on take off, but I can see them perfectly upon landing at my destination perfectly Bright!

ExternalView_zpscca1509b.jpg

Chemanuel