Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

What's next PMDG? B787 maybe?

What's next?

PMDG 777-200LR hotfix, then service pack.

PMDG 777-300ER

PMDG 747-400v2 (and maybe 747-8 properly simulated with cockpit, engine, flight dynamics differences to the -400)

Maybe a 777-200ER (I hope so) not yet confirmed or denied.

737NGX Service Pack 2

PMDG DC-6

Is that order confirmed by PMDG?

Would that not mean the NGX SP2 release could be expected at the earliest in 2-3 years and I think this is very optimistic assumption. When I am informed correctly, B747v2 will be a completely new code; wouldn't it be easier to publish first the update and then start a completely new project? I don't know much about programming but it is very difficult not to press the WXR Button on my EFIS, although I know there is one out there. And to wait for it 2-3 years would mean, I have missed to request several times another heading to avoid weather ^^

But B777 fixes are very important either, so I wait for Aerosoft's box release what has been postponed for weeks, now.

Wish you a good one, guys.

Would that not mean the NGX SP2 release could be expected at the earliest in 2-3 years and I think this is very optimistic assumption. 

I think it just might include an update for the weather radar and so forth, I can't expect too much from a new service pack.

I think it just might include an update for the weather radar and so forth, I can't expect too much from a new service pack.

It wasn't my point to discuss the improvements that will be included in the Servicepack, I just would like know, whether we've to wait months or years for that update, because according to the posted order, it apparently will take some years.

It wasn't my point to discuss the improvements that will be included in the Servicepack, I just would like know, whether we've to wait months or years for that update, because according to the posted order, it apparently will take some years.

A couple of years for a NGX update would be rather optimistic, 'IF' it ever happens. I remember Robert saying a while ago that a retrofit for the NGX is not certain anymore. Their initial plan back when they were developing it was to have a base code that would allow them to roll back upgrades made in future products to existing products, but during the development of the 777 so many things were changed on the code that the retrofitting of older planes (i.e. NGX), as it was intended, just isn't possible anymore. They'd have to "redevelop" the airplane to some extent and it would require too much effort and resources. For this reason they would consider releasing SP2 as a paid service pack, but they'd have to analize whether it is feasible or not. I'm pretty sure PMDG won't make any decision on it until the 747 is out and stable.

Matheus Mafra

I am looking for Airbus A320, A330, A340, A380 and Embraer 175/195 which are as realistic as the PMDG's for FSX. Does anybody know where to get them? 

I am looking for Airbus A320, A330, A340, A380 and Embraer 175/195 which are as realistic as the PMDG's for FSX. Does anybody know where to get them? 

FSL is working on the A320 (hopefully in beta by now) and most likely the 330 and 340 will follow. NLS is working on a 380. Nobody has made a good Embraer yet.  

The Airbus is offered in eye-watering detail for FSX and P3D, by the latest release from Aerosoft in the following link.  There are variable levels of procedural depth available with this meticulous rendition of the Airbus 318/319 series, and thus far one of the few minor imperfections mentioned by users has been that the new Aerosoft Airbus makes unduly abrupt steering corrections to stay on course when flying a MCDU-defined path on autopilot.

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,,12958

Another Airbus that seems to offer comparable levels of systems depth to that of the Aerosoft Airbus is the JustFlight Airbus, whose user's forum is one of the least visited websites on the net, which may be a good thing, or maybe not such a good thing.  Anyways, I just ordered the CD version of this Justflight version of the "Bus as well, just to have two versions of the Airbus that at least aspire to the status of "professional level", in my hangar.

http://www.justflight.com/product/airbus-series-volume-1

The Ejets from Feelthere Wilco include the Embraer 170/175, and the 190/195.  They are reasonably close in systems complexity and fidelity to the real thing, according to those in the know, but these regional jets have been out for a while and are rendered with visual detail that is adequate rather than amazing, in comparison to newer releases that just keep advancing the art and science of flight sim aircraft.

http://www.wilcopub.com/simulator-add-on/e-jets-series.html

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

I think what's next for PMDG is first off taking the 737 NGX and 777 and making them compatible for X-plane, then they'll go from there. So many people use X plane now and the NGX will sell so much!

The way my P3d crashes mid flight i can see why....

​Bit that bothers me is everything I see discussed as NOT being produced, is way up on my list of what I would buy right now.

I'v even wondered about producing something myself, (ZERO experience in anything other than CTRL-X,C,V and searching google!)

​Then I see a few posts from Ryan pointing people right, and realise that I should just stick to making paper planes for the kids!  

​Fudgecicles  , I know, i know. Full Names please...

​Liam Reynolds...

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Why always the same threads.

717 is already confirmed not happening. PMDG has outright stated that they will not be doing a 717.

What's next?

PMDG 777-200LR hotfix, then service pack.

PMDG 777-300ER

PMDG 747-400v2 (and maybe 747-8 properly simulated with cockpit, engine, flight dynamics differences to the -400)

Maybe a 777-200ER (I hope so) not yet confirmed or denied.

737NGX Service Pack 2

PMDG DC-6

then a "secret" that will be "Different to the kinds of products we expect from PMDG".

Confirmed they don't do military aircraft (They can't get classified data and don't want to do a product based on a "best guess")

We already know they have some kind of agreement with Boeing.

We already know they have decided a long time ago not to do a 757.

I think the 787 is a logical choice, but they havn't confirmed anything on that front, just to say they don't have enough operational data yet. Whether "Yet" means "we will by the time the 777-300ER and 747v2 are released" or something else is not clear. 

What is more clear is the kind of timeframe we are looking at. I'd say there's a good 2 to 3 years work in the DC6, 777-300ER and 747v2 releases. Which should, on average mean about 72 more threads about 717's and 787's from fanbois that don't read the forum regularly enough to be bored of asking about projects that have been confirmed not happening yet, averaging slightly under 1 ever 2 weeks.

Personally I reccon we might have a 787 from PMDG in the ~5 year timeframe, not sure which simulator it will be for (FSX will be really old and 32 bit is starting to be a problem already with VAS limited OOM's.)

PMDG 717 won't happen. Ever. PMDG learned enough about low sales yields from uncommon airliners with the MD11. The 717 is basically a tiny 2 engined MD11 as far as the cockpit goes anyway (or to put it another way, an MD80/DC9 with an MD11 cockpit).

I hope we're not forgetting the JS-4100. That little turboprop needs converted too.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

I wonder if the new DC-6 will out sell the MD-11?

I'm still awaiting the NGX Business jets PMDG promised when the NGX was announced?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I wonder if the new DC-6 will out sell the MD-11?

The DC-6 is a project for us to learn the best way to develop for a new platform. It isn't meant to be a product specifically aimed at being popular.

The MD-11 was, and it did not do well. As such, this point is moot. Apples and oranges. I believe I've mentioned this to you several times, specifically.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I am assuming the JS41 was a similar product?

Kashif Eizdi

Yep. Mainly a proof of concepts for how the NGX would be designed.

Kyle Rodgers