Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Sweetfx 1.5 is released

He's been saying this all along and it's not translated well but he has it correct if my case is anything to go by - if you're running DX10 and you put sfx on and get an error message along the lines of 'Unable to load component blah blah blah...' immediately when starting FSX you need to firstly try updating your DX10 runtime, whether you think it is up to date or not.

I had this error *every* time I went back and tried to give sfx a go and searched the forums for an answer (having seen other people have the same problem). Each time padolamap would reply 'try updating DX10' but something would get lost in translation. I thought this is what he was implying so I went here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8109 and updated DX10, and hey presto, sfx worked. So thanks to padolamap!

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER! I tried for hours to find a fix, this is the only thing that worked with DX10 and Sweetfx for me, thank you!

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER! I tried for hours to find a fix, this is the only thing that worked with DX10 and Sweetfx for me, thank you!

No problem, although it's padolamap who deserves the credit!