Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Sweetfx 1.5 is released

No, I replied here on purpose. You must remember that there are a lot of new users to DX10, and conflicting info can cause utter confusion. Then you end up with lots of people posting on here asking why AA does not work in FSX. If you see what I mean :)

I followed PaulJ's 11 page guide and DX10 is all set up and working brilliantly. Don't see any reason for me to go back to DX9.

Well that's one nice surprise, Darren! I hope you're well, and I'm thoroughly happy to see you here, and having some good success! It's been a long time coming, hasn't it!   :smile: 

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

How do you prevent sim crashing during start-up (just before the interface is loaded)? Dxgi- and d3d9.dll files are the culprits. Have followed the avsim guide.

try update your DX

How do you prevent sim crashing during start-up (just before the interface is loaded)? Dxgi- and d3d9.dll files are the culprits. Have followed the avsim guide.

So I must delete d3d9.dll file in order to make FSX run with 1.5 version? 

I have W7 64 bit so i think DX10 it's there and updated (?)

So I must delete d3d9.dll file in order to make FSX run with 1.5 version? 

I have W7 64 bit so i think DX10 it's there and updated (?)

I also used the w7 64 and I had to update the DX

Somehow I got the program working by copying the aforementioned txt file into X's root, and it wasn't DX related.

I also copy all SweetFX files in FSX directory as the developer says but no play.

If you're getting an error message immediately (or almost immediately) on launch of FSX then try updating DX10 via the link I gave. I have Win7 64 bit and SFX would not work until I did that.

Somehow I got the program working by copying the aforementioned txt file into X's root, and it wasn't DX related.

sorry but do not understand what you mean, I did not speak English and I use a translator

So my question once again, does FSX still crash when minimized or windowed with SweetFX 1.5?

I'm a long time SFX user and have suffered FSX crashing due to switching between full screen and windowed mode many times.

I have a question for you and anyone else who experiences this. How are you switching modes? Are you using the Alt+Enter method or do you use the "View" menu and click the "Full Screen" option?

I always and I mean always used to use the Alt+Enter method in FSX for switching. Recently, after purchasing the A2A 172 I was still getting the crash after a hour or longer flight. It was never really a big deal since it was at the end of the flight and I anticipated it. Out of curiosity, decided to try using the menu option instead and ever since, not one single crash. Tested this with the A2A 172 and FSX running for longer than a day. After it was running for that long I did some pattern work and changed back and forth many times with no crash. I'm convinced that Alt+Enter is the culprit. I've put several more hours on the 172 since then and still no crash.

Hope someone else finds this useful. BTW, I'm still using 1.4, haven't tried 1.5 yet. Maybe today.

I'm a long time SFX user and have suffered FSX crashing due to switching between full screen and windowed mode many times.

I have a question for you and anyone else who experiences this. How are you switching modes? Are you using the Alt+Enter method or do you use the "View" menu and click the "Full Screen" option?

I always and I mean always used to use the Alt+Enter method in FSX for switching. Recently, after purchasing the A2A 172 I was still getting the crash after a hour or longer flight. It was never really a big deal since it was at the end of the flight and I anticipated it. Out of curiosity, decided to try using the menu option instead and ever since, not one single crash. Tested this with the A2A 172 and FSX running for longer than a day. After it was running for that long I did some pattern work and changed back and forth many times with no crash. I'm convinced that Alt+Enter is the culprit. I've put several more hours on the 172 since then and still no crash.

Hope someone else finds this useful. BTW, I'm still using 1.4, haven't tried 1.5 yet. Maybe today.

I used to do that under DX9, one I switched to DX10 and applied SweetFX 1.5 so far its been good. (knock knock knock on wood)

I used Ctrl+Alt+Enter and in turn I minimize the window while doing the change

DX10 is very very stable to changes between full and windowed mode.

The only CTD that i've experienced in DX9 was with FSPassengers at the end of the flight when i was trying to save the flight.

This caused me 9/10 times CTD. Now with DX10 this issue belongs to the past :im Not Worthy: