Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Sweetfx 1.5 is released

only speak Spanish, I write is through the translator that put it also in Spanish

Sooooo ..... is it worth it? getting SweetFX with DX10?

Yes! Will post up screens later...

Yes! Will post up screens later...

Sounds good, will be waiting.

Also I was wondering whether it fixes the minimization and windowed mode crash

@all

There's a logfile of SweetFX in the FSX root with name "log.log", so if you got a crash or any other problem it's worth to have a look in this file.

The preset file of SweetFX 1.5 is not the same as in SweetFX 1.4. I don't know if SweetFX 1.5 can interpret everything from the Version 1.4.

Spirit

Can anyone send me a good or famous setup for Sweet FX? I'll try it! Never tested. Good to use in conjunction with ENB? Or alone? In this case I want a ENB setup too please...

Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5 con Tapatalk Pro

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Can anyone send me a good or famous setup for Sweet FX? I'll try it! Never tested. Good to use in conjunction with ENB? Or alone? In this case I want a ENB setup too please...

Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5 con Tapatalk Pro

For my knowledge SweetFX and ENB together doesn't work and at least makes no sense. 

You may find a lot of ENB settings with Google. You can find also a good one at ORBX forum.

Spirit

spirit_66, dude you're saying a lot of incorrect stuff and all the answers actually appear in sfx readme.

SFX & ENB can work in conjunction! It's only a matter of modifying the enb ini file with an entry and renaming sfx d39 dll to another name (it specifies the name exactly in the readme).

EG, you can use ENB for it's bloom and SFX for the rest of the effects. That's how it can work in conjunction and it makes perfect sense.

There's also a change log which is important to check out. SFX 1.5 is compatible with SFX presets down to version 1.0. I'll check later today if SFX configurator has updated as well.

spirit_66, dude you're saying a lot of incorrect stuff and all the answers actually appear in sfx readme....

Well Dude, so you're the smart guy that we all were waiting for. Thanks for telling.

Spirit

Shade is not the same thing as sfx or enb, it has a totally different purpose.

I hope someone find a solution for that other problem you're having. :)

@Padola.. sorry, but it's bit hard to make sense of your post.

He's been saying this all along and it's not translated well but he has it correct if my case is anything to go by - if you're running DX10 and you put sfx on and get an error message along the lines of 'Unable to load component blah blah blah...' immediately when starting FSX you need to firstly try updating your DX10 runtime, whether you think it is up to date or not.

I had this error *every* time I went back and tried to give sfx a go and searched the forums for an answer (having seen other people have the same problem). Each time padolamap would reply 'try updating DX10' but something would get lost in translation. I thought this is what he was implying so I went here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8109 and updated DX10, and hey presto, sfx worked. So thanks to padolamap!

A good preset for FSX?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Does sweetfx bloom work alongside FSX bloom setting, or should that be disabled in FSX?

Disable fsx's bloom, it's an fps hog.. no one uses it afaik.

Bump for Jose's comment. A good preset for sweetfx?

I would like to transition to DX10 because my system handles FSX very well but OOMs are present. The only think that has kept me from doing it is ENB. With ENB I get stunning visuals, but I can't seem to get same results with SFX. At least I haven't found a good preset yet.