Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just wished somebody could come up with a fix on the pulsing water...

I have a good looking wave animation  FSX'esque happening on my flight today, but it gets ruined by that graphic pulse you have at water, full out.  Has anybody found a way to get around that, for I realize that it was mentioned somewhere...it is the core code that does that. 

Is there a fix, of which I am not presently aware?  Everything else looks great on my present flight out of KMYR to KFNT. :)

I'll ditto that question and also add a trailing question regarding those water effects:

Is there any way to make the add-on water effects stretch to the horizon rather than having them look like a giant oil slick?  Perhaps increasing the radius settings in the FS9 config?

I'd love to hear of something.  I've tried a number of different "water effects" over the years, but they always seem too over the top and I end up turning them off.

I'd love to hear of something.  I've tried a number of different "water effects" over the years, but they always seem too over the top and I end up turning them off.

That's what I did yesterday.  I now have LAND/WATER on high...which of course, bumps the other to half...

I'll live with that, rather than the pulse-wave effect.....it's THAT that drives me nuts!

I think the only way to reduce the bump effect is to reduce contrast in the oceanheightfield.bmp as the wave field gets "flipped" to produce the motion. You can do this yourself with your favorite effect using dxtbmp and Photoshop or another similar program.

Of course the wave "motion" will also become less pronounced.

Having an oceanheightfield.bmp with a finer grain will also help.

Cheers,

Sascha

I guess I'll add my favorite water.  Real H2O V2.  I find the animations to be excellent and the pulsing is not as noticeable as a lot of other water animations I've tried (REX and Zinertek). 

Unfortunately, I hear the pulsing is part of the code in FS9 and can't be eliminated.  But who knows.  Maybe some day someone will figure it out. 

I guess I'll add my favorite water.  Real H2O V2.  I find the animations to be excellent and the pulsing is not as noticeable as a lot of other water animations I've tried (REX and Zinertek). 

Unfortunately, I hear the pulsing is part of the code in FS9 and can't be eliminated.  But who knows.  Maybe some day someone will figure it out. 

Thanks for the replies, all.  I do have Zinertek, and while it gives a pretty good FSX'esqe to the wave...as you say, the pulse seems to be the way FS9 handles things.......