Sign in to follow this  
mrchrsrider

FTX global trees on runways and ramps?

I was flying into Belize last night and just got down to minimums to realize there were trees all over the runway. I have never had this problem before until I installed FTX global. Does anyone know of a fix other then turning the autogen down to minimal that will correct these unwanted trees on my airports?

Thanks for looking

Chris

No trees on runway or ramp in Belize here, with extremely dense autogen.

Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Chris,

I'm not sure what the right answer, or solution is, however, I've seen a lot of posts at the Orbx forums reference trees on runways and ramps.  If you search their forums you may find the answer.  Did you reinstall the latest Object Libraries after install of FTX Global?  Even though, the Orbx team stated that the libraries are installed with FTX Global, I saw one thread at Orbx (by a developer) that you may have to reinstall the libraries again after FTX G is installed.  After any install of Orbx scenery I reinstall the libraries.

And ensure you have the scenery addons in the correct order in your scenery library within FSX.  I see you have GEX, which I don't, so I'm not sure where the GEX scenery should be in comparison to the FTX scenery within the scenery library.

Hope you get it figured out.

By the way, thanks for serving!  I served for 30 years.

Rod

Rod Beck

Have you installed the 1.1 patch?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Have you installed the 1.1 patch?

So I have done some digging and figured it out there is a fix called the lumberjack and it takes care of all the trees on the runways, and close to the runways. Thanks for all your replies, and if you have this problem in the future you know where to reference :)

Cheers

I'm not sure if you're joking or serious.  If serious, what is the link to the program called "Lumberjack".  If you're not, did you fix your problem, and if you did, how?

Rod

Rod Beck

I'm not sure if you're joking or serious. If serious, what is the link to the program called "Lumberjack". If you're not, did you fix your problem, and if you did, how?

Rod

Haha ya I'm serious, so it's called the lumberjack fix and it can be found at this website (http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/6564/fsx-lumberjack-scenery/) it eliminates the trees on the runway and can move them farther back from the airport if you so desire, you just place the files in your addon scenery

WOW ,there is a solution for everything. Thanks for the link.

:P Timothy Murphy

lol. Thought  the "Lumberjack" was a joke too. Love it!

Where oh where have you been all my life Lumberjack??  Anyone have any direct experience with it??  Also I may have overlooked a price.  Freeware??

Where oh where have you been all my life Lumberjack?? Anyone have any direct experience with it?? Also I may have overlooked a price. Freeware??

It's freeware, and yes I have been using it for about 2 days now and it works good, so there are two sizes you can download a "5" zip and a "3" zip and the three takes trees back 3 times the runway width and a 5 takes them back 5 times the runway width.

The AVSIM forums continue to amaze me. What a great fine. Thanks for finding "lumberjack".

Dan, this appears to be free.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________