Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

Serious issue with ATI and Steves DX10 fix? Tears and Spikes everywhere

Wait Michael... are you saying that you DID remove all 3 of those to get the results, or you plan to but haven't yet?

Rich

Nope you dont need to deleted them. Use my ladt posted cfg. It holds

The next fase for me wS remove a small issue with blsck mini sqaures and they are also gone now. Just need to find out which of the three is causing this.

So stick with my last cfg.

Michael Moe

Wait Michael... are you saying that you DID remove all 3 of those to get the results, or you plan to but haven't yet?

Rich

The next fase for me wS remove a small issue with blsck mini sqaures and they are also gone now. Just need to find out which of the three is causing this.

Michael Moe

Rich

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I get black flashing squares in the sky with REX clouds and AA enabled (DX10). Disable AA and the flashing squares are gone, I can reproduce this forever, DX10Fixer installed as well.

I get black flashing squares in the sky with REX clouds and AA enabled (DX10). Disable AA and the flashing squares are gone, I can reproduce this forever, DX10Fixer installed as well.

Echoing Darkstar... What res on clouds in REX you set at? And DTX5? or no?

That aside... Have you tried turning off the Cloud shader bit in the fixer? Basically because if you are using SuperSample (or Transparancy AA SGSS for nVidia), that does nothing.

Charles.

As a matter of interest, what resolution are all your clouds using?

I am testing only with 1024 clouds from rex.

I did a flight more EKCH-EDDM in overcast scenario with no issues

Later on today i will test a longhaul more

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Echoing Darkstar... What res on clouds in REX you set at? And DTX5? or no?

That aside... Have you tried turning off the Cloud shader bit in the fixer? Basically because if you are using SuperSample (or Transparancy AA SGSS for nVidia), that does nothing.

Charles.

I've tried clouds at 1024 and 2048, with and without DXT5 optimization, with and without SSAA in CCC, with and without DX10Fixer's cloud shader to no avail. Only way to rid them squares is to turn off AA in FSX. Not a big deal, since I use SweetFX with SMAA and the performance gain without native AA is huge for me in Eyefinity.

IIRC I also tried without SweetFX's SMAA and was still getting those squares when flying through cloud layers.

I've tried clouds at 1024 and 2048, with and without DXT5 optimization, with and without SSAA in CCC, with and without DX10Fixer's cloud shader to no avail. Only way to rid them squares is to turn off AA in FSX. Not a big deal, since I use SweetFX with SMAA and the performance gain without native AA is huge for me in Eyefinity.

IIRC I also tried without SweetFX's SMAA and was still getting those squares when flying through cloud layers.

I don't use SweetFX so I can provide samples there...

This is DX10 mode with 4xAA in the fixer and AA mode in CCC (or RadeonPro) set to SuperSample. No black squares here! This is Drivers 13.4, 13.9, 13.10, 13.11. Cloud Shader on or off in the fixer does not matter.

No black squares here.

J4GhR.jpg

2k3f6.jpg

0MBDP.jpg

mOb28.jpg

I am testing only with 1024 clouds from rex.

I did a flight more EKCH-EDDM in overcast scenario with no issues

Later on today i will test a longhaul more

Michael Moe

Ok... I use AS2012 clouds at 1024 which are all DXT5 and cirrus which are DXT1

Also, what LOD are people using when the spikes arrive?

Because i could start from a very stable system where i can do 5/6hr flights without any issues, and after doing LOTS more testing, I can say with certainty that when 'pushing,' the system by being over zealous with the sliders and cfg settings, the spikes can be made to reappear.

I also think that because we all run FSX differently, with different settings, there is no one thing that causes the issue for us ATI Users. DX10 does allow for settings to go higher but there are limits. I believe that the only simple solution is to start from LOW or default settings and work up to a point where the spikes occur then go down a notch.

well i am just testing a little flight above 2 hours between EGKK-EFHK in the NGX and i was a little naiv because i would try with the MultiSamplesPerPixel=4 in the fsx.cfg and with my working scenario this is just not working at least with CCC 13.4

I get the corruption over water at FL370 after 1 hour in flight with this so //MultiSamplesPerPixel=4 is a MUST for me .

Then i thought : How would FSX handle a reload of a fsx.cfg without this line while in flight ? It does get better for a minute or 2 but then its back to corruption. Not sure if FSX reload the whole fsx.cfg anyway. It must be driver related because again my load on the GPU sits around 30-50%

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

well i am just testing a little flight above 2 hours between EGKK-EFHK in the NGX and i was a little naiv because i would try with the MultiSamplesPerPixel=4 in the fsx.cfg and with my working scenario this is just not working at least with CCC 13.4

I get the corruption over water at FL370 after 1 hour in flight with this so //MultiSamplesPerPixel=4 is a MUST for me .

Then i thought : How would FSX handle a reload of a fsx.cfg without this line while in flight ? It does get better for a minute or 2 but then its back to corruption. Not sure if FSX reload the whole fsx.cfg anyway. It must be driver related because again my load on the GPU sits around 30-50%

Do you mean MultiSamplesPerPixel=8? Because if you had 4xAA set in fixer you had MultiSamplesPerPixel=4 already.

MultiSamplesPerPixel=8 (8xAA) for long periods and I get spikes too like I said. If DX10, I need to stay with MultiSamplesPerPixel=4.

I cant fly in heavy cloud with 8xSSAA anyway so I don't bother "trying it".

Charles.

After a few flights in DX10 with Micheal Moes settings(post #203), I have no more spikes, only those black boxes that doesn't really bother me. Even though my DX10 settings are a tiny bit lower than my DX9 settings, I really can't see much difference graphics-wise at all, so right now I'm really happy with my setup:-) Finally!

On a siden note; I'm condsidering buying the R9 290X, excited to see if the problem persist on that one as well:-) I bet its not!

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

After a few flights in DX10 with Micheal Moes settings(post #203), I have no more spikes, only those black boxes that doesn't really bother me. Even though my DX10 settings are a tiny bit lower than my DX9 settings, I really can't see much difference graphics-wise at all, so right now I'm really happy with my setup:-) Finally!

On a siden note; I'm condsidering buying the R9 290X, excited to see if the problem persist on that one as well:-) I bet its not!

Can you screenshot the black boxes and post them here? Are they everywhere? Or just occasionally appear/disappear?

Use the V key and take a snap. Convert the BMP to a JPG (MS Paint save as works) and upload it here...

http://www.fsfiles.o...lightsimshotsv2 

It will give you links for posting. You want this kind... bracketed with

Maybe if we can see the boxes, we can tell you what they are. No reason me and several others I have flown with do not see them and you do. Lets solve it.

Screenshot posting is also explained here....

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Charles.

Do you mean MultiSamplesPerPixel=8? Because if you had 4xAA set in fixer you had

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4 already.

MultiSamplesPerPixel=8 (8xAA) for long periods and I get spikes too like I said. If DX10, I need to stay with MultiSamplesPerPixel=4.

I cant fly in heavy cloud with 8xSSAA anyway so I don't bother "trying it".

Charles.

No i have to delete the entry made by the scenery fixer . My system does not like it. Corruption and OOM even it i just enable departure and destination scenery airports . So for my system its only AA by fsx. CCC 13.4 btw. What are you using ?

Did the exact same flight again. 2+ hour wih thick fog and visibility below 200 feet and not a issue and 700mb free VAS without the line.

Well we might have to live with it for now.

Please try disable the smallpartrejectradius line about the blacksquares and report back

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

@ Cvearl when you said:  “This is Drivers 13.4, 13.9, 13.10, 13.11. Cloud Shader on or off in the fixer does not matter.

Do you mean you’re somehow running all these simultaneously? (If so, I didn't know that could be done). Or maybe you’re saying that you get this result with those drivers/CCC after trying each…Either way, switching from one version to the next is a 15 minute process at best! At least it is for me.

Actually, I’m running 13.5.2 Beta but if, and when I change, the process of totally removing the old version and the restarting and CCleaning, and regedit hunting, takes me an easy 20 or 30 minutes. And then I still have to install the new version!

The 13.6 version didn’t go well with my card, (MSI R7850PE), or something because I tried to install and work with it at least 3 times and couldn’t get it to work. I went back to the 13.5 Beta and all the time and hassle it takes to remove/install the latest 13.11 Beta CCC is why I haven’t even tried. I figure if my results with the 13.5 Beta is working, I may as well stay with it. 

I don't run the DX 10 Previwew because I have some add-ons that say something to the affect that their software isn't set to run with the DX 10 Preview on and I can't remember which ones they are... But I get pretty much the same results as you're showing in those pics. I run an easy 2 to 3 hours with all my sliders to max except the Terrain Res which I set to one notch down, (15 cm).

I get a very nice 26 to 30 fps and even my wife, (who couldn't care less), came in last night while I was flying around Milford Sound at dusk and just kept saying how it looked like the real thing. When my wife reacts like that, you know you've got it right! lol 

I know this is going to sound stupid but I don't know where the DX Fixer config file is located or if I even have it installed, (my gues is that I do). I wanted to see what version I had and try a few tweaks that you guy's are talking about but where is it? The reason why I think I have it installed is because I seem to remeber having done something like that abou past 6 or 7 months ago but I just can't be sure.

@BionorOn a siden note; I'm considering buying the R9 290X, excited to see if the problem persist on that one as well:-) I bet it’s not!”     Man, I’ve read the specs on that card and checked out some reviews and comparisons and it looks almost too good to believe! I mean for the price, that R9 290X is apparently one of the best new cards out there! If you do buy it, you need to post a few results. The comparisons put it just behind the 7970 which costs almost twice as much.

Rich

O/S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/ Corsair 780T case, (white)/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB (2x16) T-Force XTreem 3600MHz/ EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (OC’d 5.2 GHz)/ MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX-3080 TiEKWB EK-Quantum CPU block | EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (RGB) (fit to ASUS ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir for a total 900 mL cooling system | [2] Radiators: 240 mm & 120 mm radiators (all push/pull fan configs) | [4] Corsair LL120 RGB fans and [4] Corsair RGB strips all controlled by Corsair Lighting Node Pro and iCUE software/ | Internal Drives: [1] Crucial P5 NVME SATA 1 TB/ [5] SATA SSD’s (one 1-TB & four 500GB/ External Drives: [1] Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD 500 GB/ [1] Seagate MomentusX, 1TB SSHD/ Philips 32” curved monitor model 328E1: 4K, 3840 x 2160 x 60Hz