Sign in to follow this  
RPRIEVER

Cost index....777 FMC vs PFPX

Well said, Kyle!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Thank you Kyle where can get more information about RFRX and do you recommend it

PFPX

I recommend it.  You can find more info here:

Well said, Kyle!

Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Not related to the thread, so I apologize. But I just noticed your new sig banner. Probably the best I've ever seen. And knowing the origin makes it that much better. So. Funny.

Not related to the thread, so I apologize. But I just noticed your new sig banner. Probably the best I've ever seen. And knowing the origin makes it that much better. So. Funny.

haha - thanks Dave!

Kyle Rodgers

Scandinavian 13 you nailed it. +1

people want accuracy, the best of real world but they have to understand how it works ...

pilot is a job that long time before being a pro same as a dispatcher and now that those tools are available wont change those facts you need to work and read the manuals and do a lot of tries before being a virtual pro too.

all the best.

Phil

Actually you can step climb on NAT's, I've done it many times. Of course like anything you must request it. These days as part of your oceanic clearance you are required to give them your "when able higher" report at your first reporting point on the NAT. This is required in the New York and Santa Maria Oceanic FIR's. It is optional for the others.

VR

Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Actually you can step climb on NAT's, I've done it many times. Of course like anything you must request it. These days as part of your oceanic clearance you are required to give them your "when able higher" report at your first reporting point on the NAT. This is required in the New York and Santa Maria Oceanic FIR's. It is optional for the others.

VR

Todd

Tood,

that is correct but you re never showing that on the ATC plans at least at the time I was dispatching NATs flights.

you can request for sure and the aircraft with FMS was very good to save fuel sometimes but not always accepted by the guys giving out clearance especially on a busy day ...

i imagine its more easier today via the plane requests as they re doing on the Australian side ... 

all the best.

Phil

Actually you can step climb on NAT's, I've done it many times. Of course like anything you must request it.

While this is true, most of the people here are simulating airline ops, not freight or military.  Airlines are all hitting the NATs around the same time (which is why you have 1000' increment separation all in the same direction).  The NATs get very busy, so the likelihood that they'll be able to fit a step in is slim to none.  Oceanic separation is still incredibly high, compared to the approximately 5nm for ARTCCs and 3nm for TRACONs.  In radar coverage, approving a step climb is as simple as checking the scope and URET.  Out of radar coverage is a totally different story.

So yeah, it's not completely unheard of, but it's very unlikely unless you're using a low traffic track, or crossing at a low traffic time.

My point was to make people aware that it's not as common as they'd think.

Kyle Rodgers

Nice rant Kyle... I actually found it very informative as well. :P

Personally, I've been surprised by the accuracy I get out of PFPX, in combination with both the NGX and T7.

But then again, I considered it common sense to match the numbers. If both the planner and the FMC ask for something called a 'cost index' or a 'Gross Weight' they should probably, just probably, be about the same in both applications. B)

And using the same weather source both for flight plan predictions, and flying the actual flight, couldn't hurt either. :P

Regards,

Lars Domen, aka Tyrion

My FS projects: http://larsdomen.tumblr.com/

PFPX

I recommend it.  You can find more info here:

Thanks!

Many thanks Kyle 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I actually found it very informative as well.

Glad people can pull valuable info out of my ranting.

Many thanks Kyle 

You're welcome!

Kyle Rodgers

I am sorry for waking up a really old thread, but I have a generic question about flight planning in PFPX without CI options. So, I am planning for the FlightFactor A350-900 which doesn't have CI data. I can only choose between M.83-.85 and LRC. My question is, how does that relate to the CI I put into the FMC? 

I read somewhere that the plan will overrule any CI value that I put in, but I am wondering. How does the FMC know what I planned regarding climb, cruise and descend. 

Say for instance that I plan a flight using PFPX and then manually put in all the waypoints into the FMC. Then the FMC doesn't know anything about the numbers I got from PFPX. I would assume then that my climb, cruise and descend would be controlled exclusively by the CI? Or am I missing someting vital here?

Sincerely,
Michael