Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

MAXXimizing the looks of X-Plane 10 :-)

Well,

new whateverMAXX customer :-)

I just installed my first payware scenery / enhancemnet add-on for X-Plane 10 - UrbanMAXX Extreme v2.3.

I was using SimHeaven's OSM only Europe scenery, and for my home town I use a ZL17 photo scenery, so I did my furst experiments at the USA and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

Then, back to Europe, I disabled the European OSM sceneries and am using plain X-Plane 10.25b1 autogen - WHOW!!!!

London at day or night looks great - not exact of course, it's autogn after all and textures - but the overall effectis remarkable!

I'm definitelly a fan of MAXX from now on :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Haha, perfect timing! I was just on the org. store looking at this product and the pictures. I think I'll get it now ;) Do you have any screenshots?

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Jesse,

right now I'm in the middle of an LPPT EGLL flight in the FF WL 777, and I would have to stop it to take the shots, but this review pretty much summarizes what UrbanMAXX Extreme can do for X-Plane, just for $7 !!!

http://xsimreviews.com/2012/08/30/xsimreview-review-urbanmaxx-extreme-v2-3d/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I'm definitelly a fan of MAXX from now on :-)

You're welcome.  :P

Just bought it this morning. A definite improvement. Why wasn't I made aware of this before? :lol:

thanks John....and Brazen :wink:

I'm glad you guys like UM.....I'm hoping to extend it further with a final update soon ; )

Stay tuned....

P.s. by soon I mean when lr performs the new dsf cuts...

but this review pretty much summarizes what UrbanMAXX Extreme can do for X-Plane, just for $7 !!!

http://xsimreviews.c...-extreme-v2-3d/

Thanks for that! Read it, purchased it, downloaded it, installed it. Now I'm here writing about it instead of doing my first flight with it :P

I'm hoping to extend it further with a final update soon ; )

I really admire developers who don't just release a product and forget about it. Thanks for your effort in further development of this product. We really appreciate it :)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

I just got UrbanMaxx Extreme and Plausibility just went up +1000%. I haven't been using any sim much lately waiting for the plausible world to look just more....plausible.

Now San Diego looks great, and even my smaller hometown in the outskirts finally looks like civilization instead of a dead wasteland. This is an amazing product, very, very, low price, and has me back using the sim again. Who would think one could sim over such a detailed cityscape with smooth unstuttered performance:

Can't wait for the new cloud add in and a 64 bit Garmin!

Also the developer was back to me within seconds of me buying the product, and a little glitch in downloading fixed in a minute. Best support I've ever seen!

Hey guys thanks for the love today, I forgot how important UM is for the community and you all just gave me renewed interest in developing it further.  Now that I am out of work let me elaborate on the future of UrbanMAXX.....

When I started UM I discovered within each temperate region there were 12 sets of textures.  I later found out from Ben at LR that these 12 sets correlate with population density.  But back when I developed this correlation did not exist and they still do not until the DSF's are re-cut.

What does this mean to you?  Well even though the concept has not been implemented yet, I am confident that within an urban area you will have a more proper depiction.  This means, simply, the urban jungle down to the suburbs will be implemented.

Right now I use 1 or 2 textures for each temperate region, this required a lot of trial and error but with the population densities fixed I will be able to build orthos underneath the city that will look waaaaaaayyyyyy more realistic with less guesswork.....

This is different from the approach LR decided to follow in that my textures are visible from any altitude, where as the the default fade into view as you increase altitude.

Again thanks guys!!!!!!

Thanks Jcomm.

Against all logic, it does not take away frame rates - in fact, I believe they are up a notch or two! X-Plane now has a realistic look - once you gain a little altitude (not much, but several hundred feet).

John

John Wingold

Does this product apply to entire world?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Does this product apply to entire world?

Yep its a global urban enhancement.......

"Right now I use 1 or 2 textures for each temperate region, this required a lot of trial and error but with the population densities fixed I will be able to build orthos underneath the city that will look waaaaaaayyyyyy more realistic with less guesswork....."

That sounds very promising and that's probably the move that will get my $7 (you lucky man). At the moment from the pics I see a fair amount of texture repetition, unavoidable I'm sure and certainly not unreasonable for the price point, but unfortunately the kind of thing that irks my pedantic visual sense. Certainly gonna keep an eye on this though.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

"Right now I use 1 or 2 textures for each temperate region, this required a lot of trial and error but with the population densities fixed I will be able to build orthos underneath the city that will look waaaaaaayyyyyy more realistic with less guesswork....."

That sounds very promising and that's probably the move that will get my $7 (you lucky man). At the moment from the pics I see a fair amount of texture repetition, unavoidable I'm sure and certainly not unreasonable for the price point, but unfortunately the kind of thing that irks my pedantic visual sense. Certainly gonna keep an eye on this though.

Understandable,  but all in the spirit of X-Plane I made the best possible enhancement working within the current limitations.........With this issue being fixed I will finally be able to move forward and bring it to the level I envisioned when I started.....