Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

MAXXimizing the looks of X-Plane 10 :-)

****UPDATE*****

The latest version of UM is now at SimMarket....

In your line of products John, a future interesting add-on, at least for me, would be "AstroMAXX".

AstroMAXX could - finally - bring us correct Moon placement and phases, as well as the main reference constellations, already portrayed in X-plane but wrongly placed according to date / time...

Some way of smoothing the transition from day to night and night to day would also be a welcomed feature...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

AstroMAXX could - finally - bring us correct Moon placement and phases, as well as the main reference constellations

I think John had mentioned it would be part of a SkyMAXX future update. By the way, thanks to John for the Simmmarket update on UrbanMAXX.

If you mean if you can enable them all, no, you pick one.

I'm glad that that was clarified!  I had assumed that you load them all...and of course realize now that probably the last pack (Grey) installed, was what I flew with. I then deleted the entire folder, and dropped back a non-pack version (original) and then only fired up the Old City installer.  It looks really good.  Very pleased with this 'burger and fries' purchase. 'McDonald's' has never looked so good, lol! I'm very much hoping that v10.30 really brings innovation to the front....but until then, this certainly  was a prominent 'shot in the arm'.....

Mitch 

I think John had mentioned it would be part of a SkyMAXX future update. By the way, thanks to John for the Simmmarket update on UrbanMAXX.

Yes it us possible but keep in mind the xpx sdk isn't there yet to support us.

I'm glad that that was clarified!  I had assumed that you load them all...and of course realize now that probably the last pack (Grey) installed, was what I flew with. I then deleted the entire folder, and dropped back a non-pack version (original) and then only fired up the Old City installer.  It looks really good.  Very pleased with this 'burger and fries' purchase. 'McDonald's' has never looked so good, lol! I'm very much hoping that v10.30 really brings innovation to the front....but until then, this certainly  was a prominent 'shot in the arm'.....

Mitch

10.30 if it includes all the dsf re-cuts will push um to the next level. Keep in mind I am offering free updates for the lifecycle of the product....

Yes it us possible but keep in mind the xpx sdk isn't there yet to support us.

10.30 if it includes all the dsf re-cuts will push um to the next level. Keep in mind I am offering free updates for the lifecycle of the product....

Wow....John, I am just in pause on approach to KDTW from KBOS, and had to come here and type that truly your UM has changed the 'view'!  Detroit (the G.D.A.) with Old City texture pack looks unbelievable....and the farm and rural land textures looks the part.  I am totally immersed in the approach!!!  Well, it's probably weird to have a plane frozen in mid air, so I better get back to kissing the outer marker...lol.   Can't wait to see what other goodies you have in store for us through updates and such.  Let's all cross our fingers for a 10.30 'rah-rah'.

Would I only have to go to the .org and bring up my purchase page for those planned v.x updates and such, and re-download?

Wow....John, I am just in pause on approach to KDTW from KBOS, and had to come here and type that truly your UM has changed the 'view'!  Detroit (the G.D.A.) with Old City texture pack looks unbelievable....and the farm and rural land textures looks the part.  I am totally immersed in the approach!!!  Well, it's probably weird to have a plane frozen in mid air, so I better get back to kissing the outer marker...lol.   Can't wait to see what other goodies you have in store for us through updates and such.  Let's all cross our fingers for a 10.30 'rah-rah'.

Would I only have to go to the .org and bring up my purchase page for those planned v.x updates and such, and re-download?

I am pretty sure the org will blast out info pertaining to updates ;)

Thanks for the love again, Im glad you guys are enjoying UM

I am pretty sure the org will blast out info pertaining to updates ;)

Thanks for the love again, Im glad you guys are enjoying UM

Are you guys making any progress with skymax ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Are you guys making any progress with skymax ?

Yep, its slow we are polishing up the engine, a lot of boring stuff so nothing new to report......

10.30 if it includes all the dsf re-cuts will push um to the next level

Gonna expose my ignorance again here, but what exactly are DSF re-cuts (I guess it's a scenery file update?) and how will it change the look of the sim?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Gonna expose my ignorance again here, but what exactly are DSF re-cuts (I guess it's a scenery file update?) and how will it change the look of the sim?

It means that they will overwork and change some of the biggest bugs that they had in their maps. This means previously missing lakes will appear, road maps will be updated and landclasses will be better placed, with added variety. Alpilotx said that several of the new artworks doesn't appear at the moment since the old DSF files didn't use them. So it can be a very big improvement, but only in locations where they update the DSF files. So I think his new HD maps will offer a bigger immediate effect, since DSF recuts will only happen from time to time

Well, I must be a lucky guy because around here - Portugal - I even found a pond nearby LPEV, exactly where our glider maneuvering area starts :-)

It's there in X-plane 10 - not even by far in FSX...

Overall I find X-Plane's default mesh and landclass very plausible, but of course I look forward for anything better.

I used to pick nasty weather around the World, then go there to fly a circuit in fsx and in x-plane 10. It was almost always a lot more plausible in terms of terrain mesh and texture in x-plane 10. Of course city areas, and building at airports are a different matter, but for the time being UrbanMAXX Extreme is doing a wonderful job!

I confess I also find it difficult to understand the terminology sometimes used by Alpilot, John, Uwespeed and MdMax... They're the experts on this subjects :-)

I am still trying to learn WED 2 :-)

Would like to "paint" a few portuguese airfields / airports ....

BTW: UweSpeed and PilotBalu????? Where are you???

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

Hi,

so what do You use for more realistic scenery looks?

UM or the photosceneries from Simheaven?

Because I like VFR-flying low and slow I prefer the photosceneries for my area because I can better identify real existing locations and objects.

While UM fills in textures in blank areas, they often don't match the Autogen objects placed upon them which looks wierd when flying low.

Hi,

so what do You use for more realistic scenery looks?

UM or the photosceneries from Simheaven?

Because I like VFR-flying low and slow I prefer the photosceneries for my area because I can better identify real existing locations and objects.

While UM fills in textures in blank areas, they often don't match the Autogen objects placed upon them which looks wierd when flying low.

Nothing is a direct replacement for photoscenery, MdMax is the expert in this area.  UrbanMAXX is a global enhancement that creates an approximation of an urban environment.  OSM and photoscenery are great for VFR fliers and UrbanMAXX is not a direct replacement for that, never was meant to be.

With that said photoscenery and OSM data will void out UrbanMAXX in those areas you have it installed.   A good way to look at it is UrbanMAXX to fill in the green spaces in a city or town,  OSM and photoscenery for a more realistic VFR experience.....