Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

ORBX Global

Hi, i am still hesitating whether buy ORBX Global or not.

Everywhere i can see nice screenshots, but to be honest thing which can fully convince me is comparison.

Same area before and after ORBX Global installation.

This kind of comparison i cannot find, does anybody knows where i can find it?, any link would be appreciated.

Thanks

Artur 

Right prior to FTX Global being on the shelf for sale, the Orbx Forum had published a lot of screen shot comparisons.  If you head over to their forum and search around you may find some pics.  If not, register on their forum and ask the same question.  I'm sure someone will assist you.  Also, start this thread again over in the AVSIM's Orbx forum.  Someone might have to before and after pics there.  http://forum.avsim.net/forum/471-the-unofficial-orbx-forum/

My opinion, it made a big difference.  Just remember, Global only replaces the FSX default terrain textures.  Nothing to do with the mesh, roads, railroads, etc.  Of course you may know that.

Rod

Rod Beck

On the FTX site on the Iceland Demo info page they have a link to an 11 minute video that shows a comparison of default Icelandic scenery AND FTX Global.  

Please note this demo also includes mesh, landclass and vector data, but video does a nice job of adding the layers one at a time so you can see how all all of it works together to upgrade the quality of the scenery.

Here is direct link to the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCNtM6YxgEk

Here is a link to the demo: http://www.fullterrain.com/product_ftxgiceland.html

Hopefully this helps.

The biggest selling point for me is how well ftx global deals with mountains. I really disliked how bad most mountains looked from flying at altitude with utx and gtx. Orbx Global also has better night light textures.

No screenshot can beat real life experience! Why don't you just download the freeware Iceland scenery from here and see for youself: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/67069-ftx-global-iceland-demo-off-version/

Personally I think it is the best addon ever made for FSX, and I've bought around 200 of them...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

The biggest selling point for me is how well ftx global deals with mountains. I really disliked how bad most mountains looked from flying at altitude with utx and gtx. Orbx Global also has better night light textures.

+1

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Especially if you light up the UTX streets as per the posted modified Terrain.cfg file in the AVSIM ORBX forum.  It lights up the world......and looks exactly the same as the lighting system in the Iceland Demo. Half an hour of cut and paste...and you have it. The effect in FSXG in the PM hours, is awesome!

Hi, i am still hesitating whether buy ORBX Global or not.

Everywhere i can see nice screenshots, but to be honest thing which can fully convince me is comparison.

Same area before and after ORBX Global installation.

This kind of comparison i cannot find, does anybody knows where i can find it?, any link would be appreciated.

Thanks

This one single purchase is how I think I have FS(11). This is my most valued piece of add on software ever!  ORBX regions are a gem, and no one will argue that point...but for what this one single purchase does for the whole planet....worth every dollar!

What will sweeten this is Open LC of regions you mostly fly within.  That will take the cake.

Absolutely agree with Mitch above.   If it's in budget, any and all FSX'ers should be getting FTX Global.   If it's out of budget, save up;  avoid buying three $30 add-ons, save the money, then buy FTX Global.      A massive transformation to the sim;  I now fly Africa, Asia, Arctic Canada etc and the previously forgotten areas of the FSX world now look great also.

Absolutely agree with Mitch above. If it's in budget, any and all FSX'ers should be getting FTX Global.

+128!

Is OrbX Global installed/removed via the FTX control panel in the same way that OrbX EU, OrbX NA and the Rocky Mountain packages are?

The reason I ask is I fly multi-player with the 91st Bombardment Group and on our missions to Europe it is important that we all see the same visuals vis-a-vis the target area and enroute waypoints.

I disable all my OrbX products when I create and fly the missions and use only the default terrain textures for those instances.

Also, it is important to have the ability to define the load point in the scenery.cfg file, as is the case with the FTX stuff now. The 91st has some custom airfield scenery and it must be at a higher priority than the OrbX scenery or problems occur.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Is OrbX Global installed/removed via the FTX control panel in the same way that OrbX EU, OrbX NA and the Rocky Mountain packages are?

The reason I ask is I fly multi-player with the 91st Bombardment Group and on our missions to Europe it is important that we all see the same visuals vis-a-vis the target area and enroute waypoints.

I disable all my OrbX products when I create and fly the missions and use only the default terrain textures for those instances.

Also, it is important to have the ability to define the load point in the scenery.cfg file, as is the case with the FTX stuff now. The 91st has some custom airfield scenery and it must be at a higher priority than the OrbX scenery or problems occur.

Paul

No, you can't revert back to default FSX by the flick of a switch. Consider this a tattoo. You can remove it, but it will require some time and effort.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!