Sign in to follow this  
EdsterBrown

Where can I purchase PMDG 777 in the UK

Can anyone tell where I can purchase the PMDG 777 in the UK.  I managed to purchase the 737 and 747 from Amazon.co.uk.  I cannot seem to find the 777 anywhere on Amazon.com or .co.uk.  I would rather not purchase from the PMDG site itself as this is a very expensive way to go.  I hope someone can answer this simple question.  Many thanks. Eddie.

The boxed version of the 777 is not out yet.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The NGX sells for $70 on the PMDG website. This is (baring some fluctuations in exchange rates) very similar to the £45 charged by amazon.co.uk.

The 777 is going for $90 because it's a more complex aircraft. It won't be out as a boxed product for quite some time and when it finally is, don't expect it to automatically be cheaper (and if it is, it'll likely be matched by a price reduction on the PMDG website anyway). If it does get reduced, it won't be by much.

We're fans of a products that are a niche within a niche. $90 is expensive, but for what you get it's also great value. If you can afford it, get it. You won't be disappointed.

I would rather not purchase from the PMDG site itself as this is a very expensive way to go

....but almost certainly the best way to keep PMDG in business. The developer generally benefits a lot more financially from download versions, which is why I tend to go that way these days. Of course, there is also the added benefit that you get to play with your new toy on the same day that you purchase it  :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can anyone tell where I can purchase the PMDG 777 in the UK.  I managed to purchase the 737 and 747 from Amazon.co.uk.  I cannot seem to find the 777 anywhere on Amazon.com or .co.uk.  I would rather not purchase from the PMDG site itself as this is a very expensive way to go.  I hope someone can answer this simple question.  Many thanks. Eddie.

How do you figure the PMDG website is more expensive than another retailer? As far as I can see, they're at least on par, if not cheaper.

Can we transfer our own licenses? It's already possible to transfer licenses at DCS World, Steam, etc... It would be great to be able to transfer a product we no longer use to another PMDG user...

Any ideas?

I know, I know...  - read the EULA....

I already did :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Fantastic and thank you to you all for answering so quickly.  I am not a cheap skate and I do believe that the developers deserve the money. Now I know if I want this software I know where to purchase it.  I am a little scared buying from abroad in the event something goes wrong and I could lose about £56.  I very rarely buy anything from abroad as I am not sure of my rights if something went wrong with the transaction.  After all you cannot email PMDG or call them Directly.  Has anyone from the UK out there ever had any problems and if not then the Credit Card will be getting flexed tonight.  Once again, thanks to you all for your spot on answer.  By the way I did pay £55 for the PDMG 747 from Amazon.co.uk. Thanks.

I would rather not purchase from the PMDG site itself as this is a very expensive way to go.

I imagine a direct purchase would be less expensive as there's no middle man.

You would most likely be waiting for 6 months or more before the 777 is released on disk.

They will have to incorporate all the bug fixes into the release before getting mastered.

You can have it in 10 mins by download.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Fantastic and thank you to you all for answering so quickly.  I am not a cheap skate and I do believe that the developers deserve the money. Now I know if I want this software I know where to purchase it.  I am a little scared buying from abroad in the event something goes wrong and I could lose about £56.  I very rarely buy anything from abroad as I am not sure of my rights if something went wrong with the transaction.  After all you cannot email PMDG or call them Directly.  Has anyone from the UK out there ever had any problems and if not then the Credit Card will be getting flexed tonight.  Once again, thanks to you all for your spot on answer.  By the way I did pay £55 for the PDMG 747 from Amazon.co.uk. Thanks.

I bought the NGX + 6/700 expansion and the 777 from PMDG without any problem.  I paid with Paypal so you do have backup from them if there's a problem with the transaction as they'll have record of it.  Buy it and enjoy it!

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

Has anyone from the UK out there ever had any problems and if not then the Credit Card will be getting flexed tonight.

I'm based in the UK and have never experienced the slightest problem purchasing from PMDG - quite the reverse (and I've bought nearly everything they've made).

You're in safe hands, trust me

After all you cannot email PMDG or call them Directly.

Well, you can't contact them in the ways you propose, that much is true. However, if you make a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com , you can indeed contact them directly.

You have a PMDG developer talking to you directly right now... I have no idea where you got the idea that we're inaccessible. I think we make a far bigger effort than a lot of others in this industry to be accessible actually. Phone support is just not viable for a small company like this - we'd spend all day bogged down on just a handful of calls most likely. The ticket system is the best way for us to handle it. Direct email is way too unwieldy for the volume we have and it doesn't allow multiple people to work on the same support issues..

Couple points on the actual topic here:

1. The CD version is a long ways off still. We generally do not do this until we're happy with the state of the airplane as far as updates etc.

2. The CD version will not be cheaper than the download.

3. If you buy the download version and burn it to a disc, you're going to have essentially exactly what's on the eventual CD version. It's the exact same installer file.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

How do you figure the PMDG website is more expensive than another retailer? As far as I can see, they're at least on par, if not cheaper.

$59.99 at J&R for a hard disk copy shipped free in the USA

http://www.jr.com/aerosoft-n-a--ltd/pe/AEF_10278/

$69.99 at the PMDG website

For the record I own the PMDG download versions. Just saying tho...

I thought we were talking about the Download version here? 

The T7 boxed version isn't exactly something for the coming weeks, judging by Ryan's reply.