Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

FS Dreamteam- Very Arrogent

No, I mean what I said, harsh or not. When you read enough, you gain many insights into things so I totally stand by what I posted.

Virtuali is not a person, but a company. The man behind that username is Umberto. (I don't call you "jetsmell" either ... JETSMELL! :P)

I've never had an issue with GSX, so I don't know their forums.

But Umberto has been around on AVSIM and here he's helped way more and has been way more patient than he's obliged to.

Let's not forget, everyone of us was a beginner at some stage.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

But Umberto has been around on AVSIM and here he's helped way more and has been way more patient than he's obliged to.

And he'll be the first to admit he was wrong or made a mistake. He's a real stand up type of guy and a pretty smart fellows as well when it comes to FSX.

No, I mean what I said, harsh or not. When you read enough, you gain many insights into things so I totally stand by what I posted.

You've probably read all his threads and troubles that I have as well, so I can understand you stance and agree, harsh or not.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've exchanged a couple of emails with Umberto on issues that were really not of his making and found him easy to deal with.

I've found FSDT products to be as advertised, that's all I could ask.  :smile:

nanna ayya,

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I looked at the threads in question and honestly I think it's unfair to put all this on Virtuali.  It appears to me that Jetsmell continually failed to respond to requests for information, created multiple threads on the same issue, and accused Virtuali of wasting his time. Read the threads and draw your own conclusions.

I don't condone any impatience or rudeness or Virtuali's part either, but looking at that discussion it would have tried my patience too.

FS developers are mostly tiny shops with limited resources and time. They don't have huge support call centers like HP and Microsoft. Imagine if all FSX users asked them to explain computer basics, we wouldn't get very many addons would we? This is what the community here at AVSIM and other FS websites are here for, or you can ask a computer-savvy friend to help you out, or do a Google search.

Barry Friedman

"jetsmell  you hardly know how to turn your computer on let alone judge others. You probably are the one making the mistakes."

Jim, what you said about me is absolutly correct , lol. As you know  I 've  had a lot of problems over my few months of being a simmer. Thanks to you guys, I know a lot more now than when I first started, but I'm a slow learner and I'll keep trying.

To answer the question about what caused this mess. There were numerious problems, no sound, couldn't get into window mode and a few other problems. With the Dreamteam, I had payed for Vancouver Airport , JFK Airport and GSX ( software that would bring up a follow me car and other ground support ). I would type in the default key to bring up the screen , but it didn't work. There were over thirty posts between  him and I . Looking back there was a statement by him about me having  the ability to customize my own keys. That statement was not clear to me so it blew right by me. I did a system recovery which brought everything back to normal except the GSX problem. So, about a week later without thinking about that old post, I posted a new one about the same problem. That's when he went off on me again. My mistake , I know, but when everything is going wrong and you want to fly. Another guy, cmpbllsjc answered my post with one simple sentence . he said " You can customize your keys in the drop down". I tried it and it worked. How easy was that ! I have gotton answeres here in the past from guys who abbriviate words and I have no clue what they're  saying ( Jim ), lol. I know sometimes patience runs short, I just think from what I have seen , Virtuali should treat people with more respect and compasision when they are not as computer literate as he.

this is more of a bashing session!!!!!  I own a lot of their products, and yes I have had problems like everybody else, and it can become quite frustrating when a piece of software is not working as advertised, but the bottom line if you go to their forum, it can still be quite helpful.

one thing here at avsim folks are understanding, and we all had to start somewhere, take a deep breathe and just try to relax.

(...), Virtuali should treat people with more respect and compasision when they are not as computer literate as he.

.. when they ask questions on the FSDT forum (same question two times in a row) which are already covered in the GSX manual?!?

Seconding Jim Skorna won't help my 'street cred' ( :P), but I have to 2nd him here. (Barry and Jim seem to be spot-on, as well.)

I looked at the threads in question and honestly I think it's unfair to put all this on Virtuali. It appears to me that Jetsmell continually failed to respond to requests for information, created multiple threads on the same issue, and accused Virtuali of wasting his time. Read the threads and draw your own conclusions.

I've looked at the threads too and totally agree with your conclusions. 

Jeez.  A bloke comes to the forums to ask for help and tell us that he's not happy with a developers attitude.  He MUST BE BURNED AT THE STAKE!!!!  LOL.  The attitude here sometimes is just ridiculous.

Wow.

To the OP.  Umberto can come across as being rude however I think alot of the time it's a language thing.  Don't take offence to it, he's a good bloke.  I own all their products and have had the odd issue, nothing major.  Umberto has always supplied top notch support and while it can be pretty direct, it will help you fix any issue you have.

A bloke comes to the forums to ask for help and tell us that he's not happy with a developers attitude

He didn't come to ask for help - he didn't even say what his problem is. He came only to claim that FSDreamteam is very arrogant. Have you read the relevant thread on the FSDreamteam site?

A bloke comes to the forums to ask for help

No he didn't and then you agree that the developer may not be the issue here.

Another guy, cmpbllsjc answered my post with one simple sentence . he said " You can customize your keys in the drop down". I tried it and it worked. How easy was that ! I

I was wondering if you saw my reply since that thread was locked. Anyways, glad you got the keys working.

Also, as mentioned, Umberto is a good guy. While he can be frank and too the point which can come across to some as rude or mean, that's not how he is. He's a really nice guy and one of the most patient developers I have ever dealt with, but just like anyone, he probably gets a tad bit annoyed answering the same questions over and over. Hence the reason he some times replies with "As i've said" or "as previously discussed'' or any number of replies like that.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator