Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jetsmell

FS Dreamteam- Very Arrogent

I've had problems in the past installing products from The Dreamteam. They have great products, but help for me on their forum is not very desirable. Virtuali is arrogent and demeaning. He is quick in saying that nothing is his fault and I'm the one that is making all the mistakes. I am not computer literate and sometimes his explainations are not clear. He's quick with a nasty attitude.I just had to vent this, maybe I'm the only one, but he has to remember that I'm the customer and should be treated with a little more respect.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've never used their support,but maybe we can help, what sort of error are you getting?

I've had problems in the past installing products from The Dreamteam. They have great products, but help for me on their forum is not very desirable. Virtuali is arrogent and demeaning. He is quick in saying that nothing is his fault and I'm the one that is making all the mistakes. I am not computer literate and sometimes his explainations are not clear. He's quick with a nasty attitude.I just had to vent this, maybe I'm the only one, but he has to remember that I'm the customer and should be treated with a little more respect.

Yep.

You state you're not great with computers, and then you take offense when they say it's your fault?

Anyway what's the issue? I own a few of their products and haven't really noticed any attitude from the Devs.

You state you're not great with computers, and then you take offense when they say it's your fault?

Anyway what's the issue? I own a few of their products and haven't really noticed any attitude from the Devs.

I think he means the opposite, he's not computer ILliterate?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

jetsmell  you hardly know how to turn your computer on let alone judge others. You probably are the one making the mistakes.

What a ridiculous comment Jim. I hope you made that comment in jest. If not your way out of line.

Do not see anything here about FSX.  Better discussed in Hangar Forum.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

FYI - I have some of their products.  I have used their forums for help.  I have had quick and clear service.  No issues.  Had some issues with their addon manager, just recently updated the stand alone and did my updates no issue.

I am very computer literate, if that means anything I'm not sure but I'm just saying there are two sides to this story it sounds like.

Virtuali can somtimes be hard on people on his forums, but when you see all rediculous qestions that have been anwsered huderds of times, and then asked again - i can see where the frustration can come from. But on top of that he is a professional and always helpful.

Anyways, what is your issue, maybe we can help

I can see where you're coming from. I can't think of a time when I've used their forums for help but I do browse frequently over there and there are support posts that are treated a little harsh. Not all of them, but a handful. Could be having a bad day but no excuses. After all they did pay money to support you. I like the support forums of those of HiFi (ActiveSky), FS2Crew, PMDG, all of which I also browse for help and rarely do I see a negative comment from the companies.

What a ridiculous comment Jim. I hope you made that comment in jest. If not your way out of line.

+1

+1 as well

As explained in one of your latest posts their that was locked, he's upset at you for opening new posts asking the same questions.

He's a great support guy and is usually able to solve most users problems, but he gets tired of repeating the answers over and over when people dont use the search feature or ask the same thing over and over. He's even been known to do a Teamspeak session for those that have trouble following his instructions due to lack of computer knowledge.

jetsmell you hardly know how to turn your computer on let alone judge others. You probably are the one making the mistakes.

Harsh, but straight to the point.

Mell or Jet Smell, has had a lot of issues ranging from figuring out how to open the fsx.cfg file to setting views in Ezdok amoung a few.

In the case of his FSDT issues it it probably stemming from a poorly set up OS, security, and FSX config.

I've never used their support,but maybe we can help, what sort of error are you getting?

+1

So what issues are you having???

No, I mean what I said, harsh or not. When you read enough, you gain many insights into things so I totally stand by what I posted.

Virtuali is not a person, but a company. The man behind that username is Umberto. (I don't call you "jetsmell" either ... JETSMELL! :P)

I've never had an issue with GSX, so I don't know their forums.

But Umberto has been around on AVSIM and here he's helped way more and has been way more patient than he's obliged to.

But Umberto has been around on AVSIM and here he's helped way more and has been way more patient than he's obliged to.

And he'll be the first to admit he was wrong or made a mistake. He's a real stand up type of guy and a pretty smart fellows as well when it comes to FSX.

No, I mean what I said, harsh or not. When you read enough, you gain many insights into things so I totally stand by what I posted.

You've probably read all his threads and troubles that I have as well, so I can understand you stance and agree, harsh or not.

I've exchanged a couple of emails with Umberto on issues that were really not of his making and found him easy to deal with.

I've found FSDT products to be as advertised, that's all I could ask.  :smile:

nanna ayya,

Billy Bluestar

I looked at the threads in question and honestly I think it's unfair to put all this on Virtuali.  It appears to me that Jetsmell continually failed to respond to requests for information, created multiple threads on the same issue, and accused Virtuali of wasting his time. Read the threads and draw your own conclusions.

I don't condone any impatience or rudeness or Virtuali's part either, but looking at that discussion it would have tried my patience too.

FS developers are mostly tiny shops with limited resources and time. They don't have huge support call centers like HP and Microsoft. Imagine if all FSX users asked them to explain computer basics, we wouldn't get very many addons would we? This is what the community here at AVSIM and other FS websites are here for, or you can ask a computer-savvy friend to help you out, or do a Google search.

"jetsmell  you hardly know how to turn your computer on let alone judge others. You probably are the one making the mistakes."

Jim, what you said about me is absolutly correct , lol. As you know  I 've  had a lot of problems over my few months of being a simmer. Thanks to you guys, I know a lot more now than when I first started, but I'm a slow learner and I'll keep trying.

To answer the question about what caused this mess. There were numerious problems, no sound, couldn't get into window mode and a few other problems. With the Dreamteam, I had payed for Vancouver Airport , JFK Airport and GSX ( software that would bring up a follow me car and other ground support ). I would type in the default key to bring up the screen , but it didn't work. There were over thirty posts between  him and I . Looking back there was a statement by him about me having  the ability to customize my own keys. That statement was not clear to me so it blew right by me. I did a system recovery which brought everything back to normal except the GSX problem. So, about a week later without thinking about that old post, I posted a new one about the same problem. That's when he went off on me again. My mistake , I know, but when everything is going wrong and you want to fly. Another guy, cmpbllsjc answered my post with one simple sentence . he said " You can customize your keys in the drop down". I tried it and it worked. How easy was that ! I have gotton answeres here in the past from guys who abbriviate words and I have no clue what they're  saying ( Jim ), lol. I know sometimes patience runs short, I just think from what I have seen , Virtuali should treat people with more respect and compasision when they are not as computer literate as he.

this is more of a bashing session!!!!!  I own a lot of their products, and yes I have had problems like everybody else, and it can become quite frustrating when a piece of software is not working as advertised, but the bottom line if you go to their forum, it can still be quite helpful.

one thing here at avsim folks are understanding, and we all had to start somewhere, take a deep breathe and just try to relax.

(...), Virtuali should treat people with more respect and compasision when they are not as computer literate as he.

.. when they ask questions on the FSDT forum (same question two times in a row) which are already covered in the GSX manual?!?

Seconding Jim Skorna won't help my 'street cred' ( :P), but I have to 2nd him here. (Barry and Jim seem to be spot-on, as well.)

I looked at the threads in question and honestly I think it's unfair to put all this on Virtuali. It appears to me that Jetsmell continually failed to respond to requests for information, created multiple threads on the same issue, and accused Virtuali of wasting his time. Read the threads and draw your own conclusions.

I've looked at the threads too and totally agree with your conclusions.