Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Prepar3D v 2.0 & "The Blurries"

Since when is a GTX 580 low-end?

Around a month after it was released...? Which is usual for PC hardware. :P Seriously though, the card is 3 years old, which is quit old in computerland.

Since when is a GTX 580 low-end?

It's a card going on 4 years old.

And I specifically said low end for P3Dv2. It's still a decent card for most games.

The 1.5gigs of VRAM puts it under the recommended specs for P3Dv2.

It's three years old. The GTX580 was released in November 2010.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It's three years old. The GTX580 was released in November 2010.

It's over 3 years old and "going on 4 years old"

Semantics, so whatever.

Point still stands. It's under the recommended specs and is three generations old. Three years is an eternity in PC hardware.

But hey, if the 580 (or my 570) runs P3Dv2 well with the new features, then I'll be happy to be wrong.

does autogen popup or not

Here is what Word Not Allowed said about autogen popup:

"None. icon_smile.gif?m=1129645325g (or better said, very very little, and only if you look very up close!)"

You should go read he's blogs as he answers a lot of user questions and also says what he can't answer on because of NDA. A lot of your questions hasn't been answered because they are not allowed to do so.. I had the same concerns as you before I revisited he's blog yesterday and I now understand why a lot of questions has not been answered :rolleyes:

You should go read he's blogs

Will do, thanks for the heads up!

Were some bright spark to design software capable of rating topics in terms of the forum space given over here and elsewhere to them surely the dreaded 'blurries' would rate as the one allotted THE most space ... 

Maybe it's worth trying to steer this thread back somewhat on course.  :lol: .

I've always thought of the "blurries" as being a feature and not a bug. It's the app's way of telling you that you are using settings that exceed the capabilities of your hardware. Unless LM has limited the exposure of some of the FSX and P3d 1.4 entries in cfg files, my guess is that it will still be possible in P3d 2.0 for one to select either a setting (for example an LOD beyond the range that people normally use) or a combination of settings that will give you blurry scenery. Most of LM's posts about settings on their official forum have indicated that more settings will be built into UI for P3d 2.0, so that meddling with the cfg file may not even be necessary.

It will be interesting to see what each of the three high end nVidia cards (GTX 780, GTX 780TI and Titan)  can do with P3d 2.0. And then we also have to promise of a subsequent update to P3d2 being optimized for SLI. With most of the computational drudgery offloaded to the GPU, the possibilities for improved image quality are far less limited than in any other sim.

The question I asked about 1/2 refresh rate working or not with the Nvidia Inspector control panel is because of a leak I saw on the net, the leak (I don't know if it is/was a real leak) said that it did not work and tearing of the image was back again since V2.0 was in window mode only, don't know if that was fixed since, my question is still a valid one until somebody can confirm one way or the other.

That's also photoscenery (probably Edwards), which is handled differently within the engine then regular tiles.

You used to have to tweak the hell out of FSX just to get photoscenery to show up correctly in many cases.

Blurries can never be completely eliminated as they aren't a bug in the first place. If your resources bog down and can't load the tile fast enough then that's a performance issue. I never had blurry problems in FSX in the past few years and I set FFTF to .10 even.

We do know that in the "list" from a month ago they had listed "improved terrain paging for loading during high speed flight."

How much improved has yet to be seen.