Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

P3D V2 Pre Release Questions for Lockheed

Has the flight planner been revamped? The FSX planner is rather outdated, limited and hard to use (like how you have to move around the map). Or do we still have to rely on add ons for this? If so, has anything changed to the flight plan format or can we use any of the current FSX planners?

I am actually very impatient for the 25th to arrive! Thanks for this opportunity.

My question:

Will runways follow the contours of the real world runway?

What I mean is that while it maybe inaccurate for a runway to exactly mimic the contours of the land, the way they are currently depicted as dead level isn't necessarily accurate either.

The overall poor implementation of the turboprop engines in FSX is an unfortunate fact that couldn't be improved up to now.

Can we expect an improvment in the general behavior?

Dieter

Greetings

Dieter

First of all I want to thank you for reaching out to the community and implementing many of the features that has been requested by users of Prepar3D 1.X. It is reassuring to see that desktop simulation has a future becasue of Lockheed Martin.

Now that you have done a major overhaul and upgrade of the graphics engine and made missions/scenarios a lot easier to create, I wondered if it would be possible to share anything from the future roadmap? Where do you want to go with the sim next and what features will you focus on in the future?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Are there any improvements planned to the rain and snow effects? Removing the 'warp speed' element of flight!

Will the volumetric fog still function as intended with 3rd party weather engine addons or is it unique feature to the internal P3Dv2 weather engine only? Thanks.

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Are third party developers going to be able to produce weapons platforms that work in academic license or will we only be able to use that in professional licence.

Dear all,

Anybody try before on 512MB graphics card, is it workable for P3D V2.0?

B/Regards...Alex Ooi

Once again thanks to Lockheed-Martin for their efforts.

I'm surprised no one seems to have asked about the popping up of autogen.  Wes Bard indicated that some improvements had been made, but that did not seem to include alpha blending, or any increase in the range at which autogen appears.

On a high end system, using a seperate screen for outside view, the popping autogen is the main realism killer, however good the scenery.

So my question is what further improvements, if any, are planned for autogen.

jbee.

John B

I've been very happy with P3D in the short time I've been using it.  It has become my go-to simulator platform now, thanks to improved smoothness, overall performance, and improved feature set.  Thanks for all the hard work, and continued development!

Going off Biggles2010 question above, will the popping in and out of clouds be smoothed out when flying through cloud banks?  It would be nice to see smooth fade-in and outs of weather, same as smooth fading in/out of autogen.

Tony

There's no one here to answer all this questions!! What a waste of thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY Note ll using Tapatalk 4

This is a classic example of people not paying attention or ignoring the opening post and therefore REASON for this topic to exist. Sheech. I suggest you go back and read the first post in this topic BEFORE you embarrass yourself further.

:rolleyes:  .... seriously....   Please don't join NASA or anything....

This is a classic example of people not paying attention or ignoring the opening post and therefore REASON for this topic to exist. Sheech. I suggest you go back and read the first post in this topic BEFORE you embarrass yourself further.

Hi Tom!

You can banned me now! ! Lol

I thought this was an official P3D forum! !

I just got this Tapatalk pro...now I really don't like it! !

Sorry

Thanks LM for your work so far! Looking forward to November 25, 2013!

Is there any chance that we see a official (Interim) porting tool that works for scenery and aircraft add-ons and maybe even for AI-traffic installed?

Most of us have a lot of aircraft and scenery add-ons from several developers installed. A tool that would link P3D 2.0 to installed add-ons in FSX/P3D 1.4 would be perfect for the time while the developers work on dedicated products and P3D-2.0-installers for their FSX/P3D 1.4 products. 

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times