Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

X-Plane 10 HD Mesh Scenery v2 RELEASED

I think many people tend to stay in certain areas primarily. I will probably just download a few places special to me at first then add others slowly over time.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Okay, I'll hold off for a couple of days to keep your bandwidrh in check.

Thanks for this masssive project!

When I click the links below to attempt to view screenshots I get an error that states:

500 Internal_Server_Error

Does anyone have any advice for me?  Thanks.

---------------------------------------

A large selection of screenshots can be found here:

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Oh cripes... I totally forgot just what "hosted by flightsim.com" was going to mean.... I haven't downloaded anything from them in so long, I completely forgot about their bandwidth throttle.

fjpbpv.png

...for one tile. (Ouchies!) Beggars cannot be choosers though.

Computer's going to be on all night I guess... It'll be worth it, though!

THANKS Andras. Looking forward to seeing the changes.

I know I asked you a thousand times before, but Is it really not possible to bring all the newer data to south america, without HD Mesh, which I know doesn't exist for this region? Maybe using SRTM data but better than what comes stock in X-Plane? This region would benefit so much of this!!!

Thank you!

Alexis Mefano

Hmmmmm.....

I would have sworn I had never heard of this Flightsim.com place, but to my surprise I have an account there from years ago, and apparently purchased stuff from them, probably during my original rediscovery of FSX and the frantic buying spree that ensued! :lol:

Anyway, in for a penny, in for a pound, so I purchased the membership to do the downloads faster.

Thanks for creating the mesh!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm mulling purchasing it too. What speeds do you get with full membership Devon?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I'm mulling purchasing it too. What speeds do you get with full membership Devon?

Fire fox doesn't say.

A 2.3gig file says about 40 minutes total (seems it will be slightly less)

And the 969 meg file I started at the same time has 11 minutes left.

Nope. It just abruptly dropped to 7 minutes left.

Edit: when the smaller download finished, the estimated completion time on the larger one dropped by more than 20 minutes.

Devons rig

Probably worth it then. The 1.6GB file I'm downloading at the mo looks like it's going to take at least 9 hours...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Probably worth it then. The 1.6GB file I'm downloading at the mo looks like it's going to take at least 9 hours...

I know myself better than that. I would probably explode if I had to wait that long.

Devons rig

dl speed dropped to 30 kb/s - cancelling. sorry, but this will be a miss for me.

no problem to donate or support the community, but ii have no relationship to that site, in no way i will create a paying membership 30$ per year there.

@andras: we need a different solution here. hmmm, balu gets it done...

Yea, This is going to take 5-6 hours just to download  Two of them. Ill wait until a better solution comes up. Looks great though and thanks for all the hard work that went into this!

Rob

I don't understand the impatience. I'm downloading it overnight on my laptop, so no worrying about the electricity bill.

Also using a separate download utility lets me pause and resume downloads, so if the connection fails with just a few MB remaining I (hopefully) won't have wasted 2.4 GB and 13+ hours.

I spent all day downloading my little square of the world-wow is it worth it. A stunning,stunning difference, thanks so much for your hard work! A few compares-before, now, and reality. Now if I can just get some houses in my city I'd be real happy-but the geography is very stunning. Can't wait to explore those mountains tomorrow! Can't wait till the sky with a future add in looks like my real shot!

Congratulations for your hard work!

I have most of Europe covered in Photoscenery, some downloaded from simheaven, and others I generated myself using g2xpl.

I'm presuming that even if I install this, the photoscenery's mesh will be loaded instead. Does anyone know a way around this?