Sign in to follow this  
Brenchen

Anybody had CTD yet?

SCS as in the Bus Sim (IIRC) company?

Yes. Currently European Truck Simulator 2 is being constantly updated. Work on ATS (American) is ongoing.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I get CTD with the fsopen weather app post in this forum. Shame because I really liked it.

interesting, the only crash i had so far was 30 minutes into my first flight of trying that app, also.

cheers

-andy crosby

COMPLETELY personal opinion. But LM is a big company, like Thales and Raytheon, their focus is corporate business; billions of dollar type business, therefore by them opening up P3D to us (i mean they could really just structure it the way like CAE and others so that only corporate customers will get their software), you could say we are the subject area expert and knows probably more ins-and-outs of FSX than they do; heck we are a large body of nerdy mass who spends time looking at it without getting paid! So by they opening this up to us, we could "help" them track down any potential problems and make their corporate products bug-free, and make some money on the way rather than pay people (who are less enthused about it) money to find bugs...

Just my opinion.

But their commercial version ($199) seems buggy, what are corporate customers going to think?!

But their commercial version ($199) seems buggy, what are corporate customers going to think?!

well the f-35 has been grounded 5 times and costs more than double what was predicted but we're still buyin 'em... :)

cheers

-andy crosby

As your responses have gone outside the scope of this discussion, it would indeed be a good idea to stop now and let someone else input their experience and their thoughts.  But it's ok Dave, I forgive you, you have a good day/night now :)

Thanks for the PM, Brendan.   Apology accepted.

For me personally it's come to the point where i'll be asking for a refund. 

This game just doesn't want to play nice on my machine. Whatever i do i run into OOM's just barely after take-off (sometimes a few minutes after) 

I've tried both with and without any addons installed (FTX Global, REX, FS Global) the end result is an OOM crash. At first i was running the game with sliders maxed to the right, that obviously didn't work, so i started toning them down to the low/medium settings, and so on until everything was at it's lowest. Still it wouldn't play nice. 

Performance is great, and so are the cockpit shadows - i'll give LM that much :) 

Specs : 

CPU : i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz

GPU : Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Edition 6GB GDDR5 

Ram : 16GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz 

PSU : 1kW Corsair HX

Eyefinity 5760x1080 (I went back to 1920x1080 to see if that could cure the OOM's, it didn't) 

I think if you fly default P3D v2 you won't have a problem... but put a single decent addom... you will have an OOM. 

Just tested with FTX Global and FTX PNW. Made this test with FSX and P3D v2 almost same addoms, same configuration. 

Here is the email I put in Prepar3D official forums:

Hello.

I have been making 2 flights with Prepar3D v2 in FTX PNW area. Departuring KBVS and going to the East. Both times 10 minutes of flying I have an OOM issue.
The rest of things are default, flying with the A36. The sliders are at high (not the highest), and I downgraded Lod_radius to 4.5 instead of the 6.5.
I have the same scenary in FSX with more or less same visual quality. Made several times that flight in the same area and never had an issue.

To compare VAS memory of both sims, I do this:

1. load the carenado plane in LEMT by day
2. Switch to KBVS.. will be night. Switch to day

The VAS in Prepar3D v2 is:
LEMT loaded (1600mb) - KBVS night loaded (2055mb) - KBVS day changed (2140mb)

The VAS in FSX DX10 fixer version with the Baron58 from Carenado (same quality plane)
LEMT loaded (1580mb) - KBVS Night Loaded (1769mb) - KBVS day changed (1992mb)

well.. In both sims I have installed the same. FTX Global loaded in LEMT and then FTX PNW in KBVS. The plane is different but similar and of course both sims are different but I put almost the same quality to prepar3D as I had in FSX.
As you can see the differences in numbers are not so big.. But enough to not have an OOM in FSX. Seems when flying Prepar3D that it don't clean some memory and it saves it increasing it time by time. As you can see in the change from LEMT to KBVS:

Prepar3D add 450mb and FSX less than 200mb.

Is there any bug inside of the memory administration in prepar3D maybe? I know that this test is not made with default prepar3D.. but we are going to put all addoms, in scenaries, planes.. So If I have this problem with FTX.. I cannot imagine with the future PMDG planes or other ones.
I know that this is the 1.0 version, that still needs to improve and will do. That is my faith in it. For now I cannot make any flight with it. I could lower the visual settins, I know.. But then, I would have better results in FSX a sim that is years older than this one.
And my computer is not bad.

i7 Quad core 4.200Mhz Overclocked
Nvidia 780 with 3 gb vram
16gb ram in windows 7 64bits ultimate edition (I know that 32bits only manages less than 4gb).

I know it is far away from your considerations.. but please make an 64bits version of P3D v2. You can always leave the 32bits version also there for maintaining the compatibility with old addoms. Change will come from them in future.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Default installation on an i7/gtx 770/16 GB Win 8.1/64 , and CTDing almost every 5 minutes. All rendering settings are default. Problems with joystick connection, Disappearing runways etc.

Looks like its just a beta and we are not stable until summer.

Default installation on an i7/gtx 770/16 GB Win 8.1/64 , and CTDing almost every 5 minutes. All rendering settings are default. Problems with joystick connection, Disappearing runways etc.

Looks like its just a beta and we are not stable until summer.

Maybe that's the key .... it's summer here downunder and it's stable for me ! Definitely not a beta.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I've had no CTDs, - just a few strange coastal textures in FTX Australia and some OOMs (also have FTX Global and Vector). I've pretty much stopped using it till V2.05 comes out because it looks like that will be very soon and seems like a lot of the main problems that people are having will be addressed. 

The good things about P3D2, especially the high frame rates and better autogen, stop me from going back to FSX too. Not having had major problems with it, I'm pretty happy with the state of the sim, - I don't expect perfection on release, although I know some feel strongly the other way.