Sign in to follow this  

Day 2 - I'm a believer!

YES! Now we're talking!!! I'm in! I'm sold! I'm a believer!

First thing I did this evening was turn on Aero (which, how funny, I had turned off for performance reasons LOL). And yes, Vsync works now! What a incredible difference it makes! Now I can finally see everything in all its glory! It's amazing how much autogen there is, as far as the eye can see!

Some hints from LM as well on how vsync works. Thought you would like this:

One thing to keep in mind is that the v-sync is adaptive. Assuming you have a 60hz monitor, enabling v-sync will lock your frame-rate to 60, 30, 20, 15, etc. If you enable v-sync and set your frame limiter to exactly 30 you will artificially introduce stutters by dropping to 20hz for any frame that runs long. I would try locking the frame-rate slightly above 30hz so that frames which run slightly long don't cause a stutter. Enabling triple buffering with the frame-rate locked about 10% higher than the desired refresh rate tends to give very smooth results.

Zach Heylmun

PREPAR3D Software Engineer

How good it it in the matter of performance with some complex heavy scenery and add-ons?

With all bugs under control now (FSUIPC working!!!), I have just flown the feelThere ERJ145 from ENZV to ENGM (FTX Global but default airports)..... ok I know the feelThere is not exactly cutting edge, but it's stil a complex airliner.

Had fantastic frame rates and smoothness throughout.

Ok, NOW, I'm in love.....   :wub:

Hi,

I've removed all tweaks except A/M, I'm keeping that one. I'm still playing/experimenting, can't help myself :lol: ... But I do have a problem with my multi monitor setup and rain/snow.

It seems the rain, snow display radius around the aircraft is not large enough to cover a screen setup of 5760x1200x32. I've enclosed a screen shot.

P3Dv2_Weather.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Some hints from LM as well on how vsync works. Thought you would like this:

Thanks for the tip! I will change my settings from 30 to 33!

Ok, NOW, I'm in love..... :wub:

Glad to see you are getting happier. And all that within a day...! It took FSX at least a few years before we became happier... ^_^ I feel sorry for the few people who said the gave P3D 2.0 a try and uninstalled it after an hour or so... Their loss, of course. P3D is getting better and better and I don't even have a new GPU.

BTW I am slow with installing addons. Up to now I only installed FTX Global. I have waited with REX because they said they have a surprise in store and I don't want to install something on my clean install before I know what it is (and if I need to install something new again). The same with my beloved A2A C172: some say it works, some say it doesn't: I will wait until I am sure it works. I have to say I already fell in love with the Maule in P3D: nice little plane and GREAT view on the scenery, even right below you! (I don't like the Carenado A36 because the VC is way too dark!)

BTW Everything is rather dark anyway: I already changed the color settings of my PC to make things a bit more light. I like it more than the pale colors of default FSX but it sometimes is a but too dark. I do want to get the feeling the sun shines and it doesn't really when everything down there is so dark.

Thanks Jeroen for this thread.  I was happy with P3D 2 anyway but turning off FXAA and turning on MSAA (8x) has improved my performance and the visual look.

Because my FPS went up I wasn't "afraid" to turn up my Autogen settings from "Normal" to "Very Dense", and still get a decent framerate (steady 30FPS around San Francisco) something I have never been able to do with FSX :smile:.

Hi,

I've removed all tweaks except A/M, I'm keeping that one. I'm still playing/experimenting, can't help myself :lol: ... But I do have a problem with my multi monitor setup and rain/snow.

It seems the rain, snow display radius around the aircraft is not large enough to cover a screen setup of 5760x1200x32. I've enclosed a screen shot.

Posted Image

I encountered the same today. I am going to try the same rain fixer I used for FSX, you never know. Can't do it till tomorrow after which if it works or not its worth letting LM know.

I've removed all tweaks except A/M, I'm keeping that one

Same here...... seeing a performance boost by keeping my Affinity Mask settings in the CFG.      Possibly because my CPU is 8 thread and HT is permanently on at mobo level, so the AM number for my config (84) is less common and by default P3D is unlikely to assume this value.

No other tweaks though.  :smile:

BTW I am slow with installing addons. 

I'm racing ahead with add-on installation! ......... As yet I haven't found one add-on that worked with P3D 1.4 that isn;t working with 2.0.

The A2A 172 seems to be working perfectly here.   Also got 3 Carenados in and working fine.   Also got the QW Avros and the feelThere ERJs installed and working great. 

Got FTX Global installed, FlyTampa's, and just piling through all my Aerosoft airports now (lot's !!).

The only aircraft at this point that I'm sad to hear not working in 2.0 is the Majestic Q400 ....... I hope this is made compatible very soon.

The A2A 172 seems to be working perfectly here.

You simply pointed the installer to the P3D folder? Or did you install it in another way? I did read a few posts alread from people who said they had various problems with the plane in P3D...