Hi,

I added the following to my config file:

[bufferPools]

UsePools=0

[Graphics]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=1364

Has anyone experimented with the BP tweak?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

The Highmemfix tweak is no longer applicable. 

They hard coded that in v1.0 so you might as well remove it from the .cfg. 

I doubt the BP=0 tweak is doing anything either. 

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I still haven't seen any spikes or texture flashing in two days of using P3D - knock on wood.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Second thing I did was turning of FXAA and only use MSAA (8x). I'd like to say this to you all: TURN FXAA OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Things look so much sharper without it! Why the heck did they implement it and turn it on by default??? Obviously AA isn't what it was with FSX and NI but without FXAA the world looks a lot better!

Told you.  :wink:

FXAA is a post-processing method that blurs pixels that show a large difference in colours, but unfortunately it's not limited to edges (like SMAA), and that means that the entire image looks as if it's under a blur filter. If MSAA is doing a good job already, don't turn on FXAA.

I mentioned yesterday that I was getting 20fps over New York. 20fps made no sense, because it doesn't look like the low FPS we are used to in FSX. Flying over (and through) the city yesterday, was so smooth. I I threw up a short video to show what 20fps looks like because anyone sitting on the sidelines will not understand it.

Edit: I'm so glad your in the zone :)

I will nag A2A a bit so they will release the P3D 2.0 version of the C172 a bit sooner.

While you're at it, nag 'em to give me a free copy.
You know, for scientific P3DV2 testing!

Aamir Thacker

Methinks with Jeroen's enthusiasm and tweaks that I may be getting this at the weekend when I have time to install and try,

Hi,

I added the following to my config file:

[bufferPools]

UsePools=0

[Graphics]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=1364

Why, if I may ask...? BP doesn't seem to do anything, Highmenfix has been hardcoded into the sim already, so I am told and AM, well, that's an option. ^_^ But I personally see no reasons for using tweaks anymore, specially not FSX tweaks! I have a freshly installed and almost tweakless OS and P3D is completely tweakless and things haven't looked this good before! Using tweaks might even hinder the sim somehow.

I was able to get the a2a 172 to install by renaming fsx.exe to something else temporally and then installed the 172 to where p3d is with no issues. Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Why, if I may ask...? BP doesn't seem to do anything, Highmenfix has been hardcoded into the sim already, so I am told and AM, well, that's an option. ^_^ But I personally see no reasons for using tweaks anymore, specially not FSX tweaks! I have a freshly installed and almost tweakless OS and P3D is completely tweakless and things haven't looked this good before! Using tweaks might even hinder the sim somehow.

After years and years with FSX people are shell shocked. They can't help themselves. They have to try FSX tweaks even though their no longer needed and do absolutely nothing. It will take a few years for people to get back to normal and used to how software should work.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

After years and years with FSX people are shell shocked. They can't help themselves. They have to try FSX tweaks even though their no longer needed and do absolutely nothing. It will take a few years for people to get back to normal and used to how software should work.

LOL True. However, Mike is a long time P3D user already. Apparently version 1.4 could still do with some good ol' tweaks. I am happy anyway those days are gone. No more system tweaking, no more sim tweaking. Install it all and FLY!

Mike is a long time P3D user already.

Wow, it's worse than I thought...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

This is great news Jan.

Thanks for the update

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD