Sign in to follow this  

Day 2 - I'm a believer!

You simply pointed the installer to the P3D folder? Or did you install it in another way? I did read a few posts alread from people who said they had various problems with the plane in P3D...

No mate - I used the new version of the FS Estonia Migration tool.  It's fully P3D2 supported now :smile:

So except for the AffinityMask tweak, no other tweak is compatible/needed?

I suspect most people won't even need the Affinity Mast tweak.   I use it because I have a slightly naff motherboard, which has hyperthreading permanently locked on.    There is a different Affinity Mask value for CPUs that have HT on, so I've put it in there if the CFG, for that reason.    I suspect if your're using a i5 or i7 with HT off, you probably don't even need to think about the Affinity Mask tweak.

Well, on my setup,  adding 

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

to the prepar3d.cfg to avoid ground textures blurring gave excellent results with my hyperthreading disabled I7 quadcore. Even better than in FSX.

Also, if you wish to get rid of the cockpit shimmering (if your GPU has enough horsepower)
In the Nvidia Inspector Prepar3d profile, set Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling to 4xSGSS 

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

So, does it work better, than FSX?

Yes. The settings I am using now are impossible in FSX and performance is equal. As it is now AA isn't as good as I had it in FSX but it isn't utter crap: it just could be better. But there is no way I am going back to FSX after flying above New York in P3D with buidings as far as I can see and shadows (trees and buildings and terrain and of course in the VC). That alone is worth it already.

No mate - I used the new version of the FS Estonia Migration tool. It's fully P3D2 supported now :smile:

Ah, ok... Don't have that tool and I also don't have FSX installed (which is needed, I think...?). I will wait for A2A.

I did a simple test install of the 172 last night... Tried to install to F:\P3D (No trailing \)... It created F:\P3DSimObjects, F:\P3DGauges, and so on... so I just copied those files to the right directory in P3D. Did a simple little flight last night at LAX in the dark. Everything seemed to work fine, but it wasn't a complete test of everything.

Well, on my setup,  adding 

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

to the prepar3d.cfg to avoid ground textures blurring gave excellent results with my hyperthreading disabled I7 quadcore. Even better than in FSX.

Also, if you wish to get rid of the cockpit shimmering (if your GPU has enough horsepower)
In the Nvidia Inspector Prepar3d profile, set Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling to 4xSGSS 

SimobjectPath.9=simobjects\AI Aircraft are the only changes I made to cfg file so far

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Guys,

I've been on the fence concerning P3Dv2. I have v 1.4. Any thoughts as to the performance I'll get with a 2600k@ 4.6 and an Invidia GTX480?

NAX669.png

Could someone please post some screenshots of Asian loacations e.g. Phuket, Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong with FTX Global, please? Everybody seems to focus on US and Europe naturally, but I would love to see how some other regions fare!

Thank you!

Sascha

Guys,

I've been on the fence concerning P3Dv2. I have v 1.4. Any thoughts as to the performance I'll get with a 2600k@ 4.6 and an Invidia GTX480?

I think you will be pleased with the autogen and feature's but you won't be seeing any great increase in performance.

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Has anyone installed an addon that is known as a beast in FSX just to compare (obviously one that can legally be installed).  Sorry I don't have any good examples other than ConcordeX but I know it does not work due to a simconnect version incompatibility.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Guys,

Well I am using a 2600k, with HD 7850 2GB, which is probably on par with your 480 and I am getting dramtically better results with P3D 2.0 as compared to what I got with P3D 1.4   (Actually P3D 1.4 was consistantly slower than FSX on my system; lower frames in like for like scenarios).  

P3D 2.0 performs strikingly better than FSX and P3D 1.4, with my hardware, especially around autogen and weather.  Although I certainly can't max out the new lighting and shadows!

As an intial naysayer and having Aero disable and even deleted from computer for FSX performance. Enabling Aero peek made all the difference in the world. Both quality and performance. perhaps a coincidence but quite convinced not.

Yes. The settings I am using now are impossible in FSX and performance is equal. As it is now AA isn't as good as I had it in FSX but it isn't utter crap: it just could be better. But there is no way I am going back to FSX after flying above New York in P3D with buidings as far as I can see and shadows (trees and buildings and terrain and of course in the VC). That alone is worth it already.

Ah, ok... Don't have that tool and I also don't have FSX installed (which is needed, I think...?). I will wait for A2A.

I don't have the shadows for the vegetation turned on and quite frankly I don't care :) I've not flown in New York since the fs9 days but the first time I saw the view in P3D it blew me away. Today I got my performance up by re-installing my video driver and turning on aero and then the shadows. It looks so real. I was up till nearly three am last night doing skyscraper circuits. :) at dawn dusk and midday. That is an eye opener too it actually looks like the sun is shinning... At last!

Any trackIR users here? I find that in FSX I have to maintain a minimum of 40fps or higher to have butter smooth panning, so I have never locked at 30.

In P3D, is anyone experiencing the same, or is panning smooth at 30?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I don't have the shadows for the vegetation turned on and quite frankly I don't care :) I've not flown in New York since the fs9 days but the first time I saw the view in P3D it blew me away. Today I got my performance up by re-installing my video driver and turning on aero and then the shadows. It looks so real. I was up till nearly three am last night doing skyscraper circuits. :) at dawn dusk and midday. That is an eye opener too it actually looks like the sun is shinning... At last!

Wow, that exactly to the word what I've done. At last!. :)

Smooth as butter

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6q95TBoDUjk&feature=c4-feed-u

Not the landing , but the video of P3D v2 in Dubai

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3