Sign in to follow this  
Martyn JF

Canberra PR9

Hi Callum,

Currently the GTN 650 unit has a transponder page which allows you to change modes between:

• Standby
  • Ground
  • On
  • Altitude reporting

There are also IDENT and VFR functions.

Although these modes/functions are selectable on the unit, as FSX doesn't actually have any of this functionality (just the ability to set the transponder code), there is currently no actual functionality behind this. I've trawled the web looking for information on how to integrate these functions with Squawkbox/FSinn but am having no luck apart from some references to it using SimConnect. If anyone is aware of how this is done, please let me know.

Thanks
martyn

Will that be modelled with the same complexity and detail as the Canberra? If so, then you have just been added to my Christmas card list :smile:

Yes, all of the aircraft modelled/coded by our new team will be to the same high standard - so I am going to be very busy :P

Martyn - Just Flight

Hi Callum,

Currently the GTN 650 unit has a transponder page which allows you to change modes between:

• Standby
  • Ground
  • On
  • Altitude reporting

There are also IDENT and VFR functions.

Although these modes/functions are selectable on the unit, as FSX doesn't actually have any of this functionality (just the ability to set the transponder code), there is currently no actual functionality behind this. I've trawled the web looking for information on how to integrate these functions with Squawkbox/FSinn but am having no luck apart from some references to it using SimConnect. If anyone is aware of how this is done, please let me know.

Thanks

martyn

Hi Martyn, I've asked over at VATSIM for you. Should someone reply I'll let you know. Is the GTN 650 fitted to XH134 as I can't imagine it was a standard RAF fit?

Is the GTN 650 fitted to XH134 as I can't imagine it was a standard RAF fit?

Hi Callum,

Our Canberra is based on XH134 which is now back in the skies (as we had full access to that aircraft). When it left RAF service, they removed the military FMS type unit and have fitted a Garmin avionics suite (GTN 650, GMA340, SL30, 2x GI-106A) instead. They have also removed the cartridge start system and fitted an electric start system instead.

I've had a look at that thread. I have found the FSUIPC method for setting the transponder in SB3 but the thread mentions that the latest version of SB uses SimConnect, however I can see no mention of how this is handled anywhere on the web. Do most simmers use SB3 rather than SB4?

Thanks

Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn, out of interest, how complete is the GTN650 package? Have you coded the functionality of that GPS unit or is a default map?

Our Canberra is based on XH134 which is now back in the skies (as we had full access to that aircraft). When it left RAF service, they removed the military FMS type unit and have fitted a Garmin avionics suite (GTN 650, GMA340, SL30, 2x GI-106A) instead. They have also removed the cartridge start system and fitted an electric start system instead.

Just what I wanted to hear. I like historic aircraft configured as contemporary airshow warbirds; this being an authentic one of course. Another example was the Lelystad-based Catalina by Aerosoft. Each to their own I suppose, but thats the way I like them. Martyn, this PR9 looks just terrific; I'm very much looking forward to the release. Excellent work !

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I am looking forward to this one especially now knowing it will be more complex than the F-Lite releases. I am a true fan of early jets. Switches for switches, circuit breakers, needled gauges, simulated electrical systems, inverters! It definitely looks great Just Flight.

Keith

Keith Guillory

Wish I could contribute.. it looks like a highly interesting aircraft to fly! :)

A VATSIM member has provided a link http://forum.simflight.com/topic/60518-transponder/page-2

Does this help?

Yes thanks, very helpful!

Martyn, out of interest, how complete is the GTN650 package? Have you coded the functionality of that GPS unit or is a default map?

The GTN650 will make use of the default map but has custom menus for setting COM1, NAV1, XPNDR, fuel etc.

Still work-in-progress, but here are a couple of previews:

GTN.jpg

GTN2.jpg

Additional functionality might be added prior to release or after release depending on available time.

Thanks

Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

Looking very good indeed. I am very happy to hear you guys have upped your game with the Canberra and will be doing a similarly well featured VC10.

As I'm sure you guys are well aware, the UK has a tremendous aviation heritage that has been all but forgotten in flight simulation, so please don't give up on making these classic British aircraft.

Now how about a BAC 1-11 or Trident after the VC10?

Looking very good indeed. I am very happy to hear you guys have upped your game with the Canberra and will be doing a similarly well featured VC10.

As I'm sure you guys are well aware, the UK has a tremendous aviation heritage that has been all but forgotten in flight simulation, so please don't give up on making these classic British aircraft.

Now how about a BAC 1-11 or Trident after the VC10?

We are certainly keen to cover as many classic British aircraft as we can, and both of your suggestions have been seriously considered at JF towers for a while!

Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight