Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWFeldman

Strange "square Moon"

Rex textures. Default scenery. Any ideas to the cause? V2

It's a bug.. There was times where the beacon light on aircraft (even default) would display the same square halo around it.. Reset the flight and the problem disappeared. 

It's a bug.. There was times where the beacon light on aircraft (even default) would display the same square halo around it.. Reset the flight and the problem disappeared. 

Thx Bill. Bug in the sim or a Bug in Rex textures?

Thx Bill. Bug in the sim or a Bug in Rex textures?

Sim.. The very first time I loaded up v2 completely vanilla and stock I saw the square halo on the Carenado A36 beacon light.. Every time it blinked was a square red halo around it with a slight gradient.  Reloaded the flight and it was gone.. I saw this on various random flights with various random aircraft afterward.. 

Had the same issue myself on a plain vanilla setup.

Restart fixed it.

When I got on the ground in Homer, Ak it was normal.

I had this bug first running fresh installed P3D v2. It also only appears on certain positions of the moon. Using time preview, I can see the moon is fine close to the horizon, then rise to certain height (like 30 degree up?) all of sudden the square box appears.

As a side note, maybe it's due to my installation of FTX Global, but aren't those runway lights bit over blown? They are too big too bright up close. Also, the cockpit light in night is way too bright when I was flying the Learjet I copied from FSX...

Think there is tweaking needed for some textures. Ive asked many time if textures designed for DX9 are going to need tweaking for DX11 and never really got a satisfactory response.....Maybe?

I think this has more to do with particle effects now being rendered on the GPU.

I've also seen the nav/beacon/strobe light version of this very same thing. 

I'm in the process of testing 100 things right now, but one I do plan to check is if a GPU near it's limit will exhibit this behavior; that's the sense I get of it's cause, to be quite honest.

I have this with the stock P3D v2 moon. I tried an alternative set of moon textures (downloaded from the Avsim library) but saw no improvement.

7qvz.jpg

Looks like an imperfectly created transparent background to me...

I was getting this with a stock install (usually when changing the time), haven't seen it today (=intermittent)

I am having this issue with the position lights on the F-35... Not sure about other aircraft I will test... I am liking P3Dv2. Thank you LM for continuing to work on P3Dv2, can't wait to see what the future holds...

Well, I got you all beat. The dark spots on the moon are actually transparent on my system.

Bob

I am having this issue with the position lights on the F-35... Not sure about other aircraft I will test... I am liking P3Dv2. Thank you LM for continuing to work on P3Dv2, can't wait to see what the future holds...

For this issue on aircraft, you can use 'L' to turn off then on the lights to fix it.

I think we can all agree.. That's no moon, it's a space station.  I have found a possible way to fix it though.  Well, Lockheed doesn't consider a small one-man aircraft to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense on the SDK. An analysis of the plans provided by Steve Ballmer has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station. But the approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide, and ILS is INOP. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station. Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use aerial torpedoes.

I think we can all agree.. That's no moon, it's a space station.  I have found a possible way to fix it though.  Well, Lockheed doesn't consider a small one-man aircraft to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense on the SDK. An analysis of the plans provided by Steve Ballmer has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station. But the approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide, and ILS is INOP. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station. Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use aerial torpedoes.

Dude, you really need to go to Hollywood and do the next screenplay for the next big sci-fi. That is incredibly funny

Bob

Huh huh... he said "shaft!"

Two meters?  I used to bullseye AI Leisure Boats in my TBF Avenger back home.  They aren't much bigger than two meters.

Outside of the moon I actually like the pic...

Dude, you really need to go to Hollywood and do the next screenplay for the next big sci-fi. That is incredibly funny

Bob

You should read what he wrote in another thread...