Sign in to follow this  
peter11

FSX is wayyy better than P3D.

I just got P3D V2, and FSX looks SOOO much better than P3D... P3D looks like crap. 

I don't understand all this fuss over P3D 

-There is no home screen... #####? 

-Graphics are horrible compared to FSX

-Frames are worse

-Water looks horrible

-No OOM improvement

-Lack of Addon Compatibility 

-FSX is like $30 one time fee, P3D is like $300, and $60 for an "academic version" with watermarks and limitations

-No missions

-P3D has loads of bugs

FSX has worked fine, error and OOM free for me since day 1. 

Do you have P3DV2? There is a startup screen all you have to do is enable it from the options menu. Look at the thread for compatibility, Using the P3D Migration tool, I have been able to install all ORBX NA Regions, I am flying the A320X (not a big fan but ok until PMDG comes out with P3D support). There are bunch of airliners working (Q400, etc)

I have add a few OOM but after tweaking and playing with the sliders I am happy with the result. The volumetric fog is great. My FPS are equal or better than FSX

I have a GTX680 and run my cpu around 4Gh and I am overall happy. I will go between P3D and FSX depending on my mood (also use NGX for practice before going to checkrides)

John.

What's that? There's similar menu to FSX, you just need to enable it from settings. 

How is that possible when the whole thing is mostly based on MS ESP which is about the same as FSX? No, in fact graphics are improved in many ways. 

-Frames are worse

-Water looks horrible

-No OOM improvement

Based on recent videos water looks just fine. Frame rate and OOM issue will be fixed eventually as LM is committed to continuing the development instead of just leaving it like that. FSX was way worse when it got released. 

What? Most of the FSX scenery works just fine with Prepar3d, just some more complex stuff doesn't. Most developers are going to make their stuff compatible for little to no extra cost anyway. 
-FSX is like $30 one time fee, P3D is like $300, and $60 for an "academic version" with watermarks and limitations

FSX wasn't 30 dollars when it got released. The watermark isn't any bad, there are no limitations compared to FSX. 

-No missions

Who cares? (Not sure if that's even true though)

-P3D has loads of bugs

Which will be fixed. FSX is full of bugs and they will never be fixed. 

Yeah sure, I bet you also have 500FPS with everything maxed while using complex airport scenery and PMDG 777. Anyone who runs FSX with good settings using a lot of complex scenery and aircraft addons will eventually encounter CTD's.

You just need to give LM some time to fix the issues, pre SP1 and SP2 FSX wasn't any better. Hopefully LM will eventually fix things properly and deliver a stable platform, something FSX has never been. 

OP has his fishing pole loaded with bait in that post..  *some* things are true but lol at the rest

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I guess it was just a question of when for this sort of topic to pop up. I have the popcorn started!

I think that the OP was being inflammatory...bound to get many responses.

So in my best 4Chan parlance. IB4L 

Ian R Tyldesley

Yeah sure, I bet you also have 500FPS with everything maxed while using complex airport scenery and PMDG 777. Anyone who runs FSX with good settings using a lot of complex scenery and aircraft addons will eventually encounter CTD's.

Nope sorry, I have all the complex sceneries and aircrafts, and I have never had any CTD's. I get a constant 40 fps.

Try again!

I just got P3D V2, and FSX looks SOOO much better than P3D... P3D looks like crap. 

-Frames are worse

-Water looks horrible

-No OOM improvement

-No missions

-P3D has loads of bugs

Trying to get a rise out of people (just say anything because we hate there's something nicer and newer than what we have)...   :Whistle:

What's crazy is some will actually believe you...  :unsure:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

-Frames are worse

-Water looks horrible

-No OOM improvement

-No missions

-P3D has loads of bugs

OK, I'm going to bite. Are you quite sure that you have purchased P3Dv2 or do you just like to "headline" topics in the hope that you can stir the pot and maybe get a few likes?

Quite simply I cannot help but wonder because most of what you have said above is pure and simple rubbish. I'll give you a clue to help you on your way:-

Take a few minutes to find the home screen. Take more than a few minutes to tweak your new investment to your pc. From there it really is quite easy my young friend. 

Nope sorry, I have all the complex sceneries and aircrafts, and I have never had any CTD's. I get a constant 40 fps.

Try again!

I find that somewhat debatable. Just left the Qualitywings forum and the 146 is causing CTD's in P3DV2.

Great post!

You do all realize that the OP is just being ironic don't you? ..... I mean he's just joking....... pulling our legs........

...... isn't he? :lol:

Careful though, he may get a defense commitee coming along to scold anyone that marked his post as dumb ........   

You do all realize that the OP is just being ironic don't you? ..... I mean he's just joking....... pulling our legs........

...... isn't he?

Careful though, he may get a defense commitee coming along to scold anyone that marked his post as dumb ........   

Not sure this "academic" licence thing was such a good idea  :lol:  :lol:

Edited questionable image out.. Please do not do that again.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png