Sign in to follow this  
regamuffin

MD11 still pleasing

Love MD aircraft. MD11 have something that the others haven't.  I really enjoy each flight with MD11 !

I can only piggyback your comments guys. I own J41, NGX, T7, FSL Concorde and the RealAir B60, all very good aircraft with each its charm and qualities, but the serious hours I get in the MegaDog.

She has taken me around the world many times.

fsx2013-11-0921-36-03-71_zpsd2685905.jpg

Don't know what it is exactly, but the thrill from a nicely timed flare and xwind landing is better than with any other aircraft.

I even did a few hours in Lufthansas training center in Frankfurt this spring, got me hooked for life. Notice the slightly sweaty forehead on my approach to Cologne ;)

20130605-frankfurt_0001_zps62203037.jpg

Cheers,

23.png

md-11 is way too better than t7.

but pmdg's md-11's vc is little bit outdated. i hope they will make just a cockpit renewing project. no more features needed.

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Great pictures you lucky man Morten.  :P

I can only piggyback your comments guys. I own J41, NGX, T7, FSL Concorde and the RealAir B60, all very good aircraft with each its charm and qualities, but the serious hours I get in the MegaDog.

She has taken me around the world many times.

fsx2013-11-0921-36-03-71_zpsd2685905.jpg

Don't know what it is exactly, but the thrill from a nicely timed flare and xwind landing is better than with any other aircraft.

I even did a few hours in Lufthansas training center in Frankfurt this spring, got me hooked for life. Notice the slightly sweaty forehead on my approach to Cologne ;)

20130605-frankfurt_0001_zps62203037.jpg

Cheers,

Dave Taylor gb.png

+1 on all that positive things about MD11 above  ^_^

It's just "feels" better then any other flightsim plane. 

Hi,

I also love this plane, though it is a few years old.

I last flew a nice approach at EDDF with the freighter -version during a grey cloudy weather condition in the afternoon, making the approach spectacular!

But there are some probs with the MD-11 as with the 747. 747 has S-turns problems because of FSUIPC, the MD-11 on the other hand has problems with the autobrake after landing

that does not disengage although I disarmed it.

For the 747, I know how to tweak FSUIPC, but for the MD-11 I cannot find a way to get rid of this hickup.

So when I land, the autobrake engages, makes me come to a complete stop. Then I have to set the Parking Brake, then press brake to disengage, and when I start taxiing to

the gate/cargo Ramp, the airplane suddenly does not brake anymore - (not even with keybord commands). Someone said to delete FSUIPC.ini. But it is obvious that this will come up again.

Does anybody know how to overcome this braking problem ? Possibly/ highly likely caused by FSUIPC? I did not even changed my controls in FSUIPC, I do not even use it.

Thanks in advance, I really adore this airplane > just as the DC-10, as I hope some professional developer will make one someday!

Peter

Had the same thing with the NGX, as the man says delete the FSUIPC ini and all will be well.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!