Sign in to follow this  
ysfsim

Would like to see a PMDG 737MAX

BTW aerosoft made a good rendition, right?

It's allright. It looks pretty OK, and they are making it a bit better with every update. Nowhere near PMDG level, but also half as cheap. I'd say it's good value.

If it's there for what I think it's there for, I doubt it'll do away.

My understanding is that it's there to add length to the nose gear to accommodate the new engine option. I could be wrong though. I haven't been following it too closely.

Last I heard there will be no blister on the MAX as new tire materials will prevent expansion that would have made a blister necessary.

As far as just a visual model goes, that made much more sense for the 747-8 because of the commonality even if the FDE wasn't updated and some systems changes were implemented. With the MAX, this isn't true.

Last I heard there will be no blister on the MAX as new tire materials will prevent expansion that would have made a blister necessary.

I'm not the go-to for NG knowledge, but my understanding was that the blister was there because they needed to increase the leg length of the nose gear to give the aircraft extra height to compensate for the new engines.  In other words, the nose gear sits lower in the bay by about 8 inches, so the body must be altered to accommodate this: http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/boeing-firms-nose-gear-other-details-for-737-max-370602/.

As far as the expansion bit, I'm not quite sure that has too much merit, as we've been using nitrogen in aircraft tires for decades in order to avoid pressure issues.

Kyle Rodgers