Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

REX4 Textures

Pardon my total ignorance. Any clashes with FTX Global textures at all? Can the two packs work ok side by side?

Sent from my Mobile thing

Yes, they can because they do totally different things.

I was wondering what exactly are the new DX11 features...? Does things look better of perform better or...? I am quite interested although up to now I only uses RES for clouds and skies but I was thinking about using the airport enhancements also now: just wondering if they will perform just as well as the default textures or if the new options, whatever those may be, will come at a cost...

Waiting to buy it at PCAviator with the 10% discount to all people! Also buy ASN in the release day at 10% too!

December sale at PCA is very good!

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Can someone explain exactly what problem this refers to and how much of a problem it may be.

I am also very interested in this... It makes it sound a little like it's not really completely compatible with 2,0 yet, just like FTX Global. This might mean that selecting and installing certain textures may cause problems... and I certainly don't want that!!! So I will pass and wait until we know what'x exactly problematic here and if LM is indeed going to solve those problems. Pity.

And BTW why isn't that information on the site for everyone to read before they buy the addon...?

Live at PCAviator now! (31,46 $) with the 10%

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I'm existing customer of REX Essential+overdrive customer, but when I added the product to my shopping cart in FSS, the $5.00 discount did not apply in payment screen. Although in my purchase history still has REX Ess+Overdrive.

Does the textures only product retain the ability to generate a theme for a flightplan, depending on current weather at departure and destination, as REX Essential did?

Cheers

Hiya Scott. There definitely seems to be some confusion about what people are seeing.. :lol: Believe me, not trying to argue with you.

* - That Storebucks isn't added until the very very end.. So that's not part of the calculation here.

Can't check right now because I suddenly can't get to their site but yeah, I think you're right.  My apologies.

Scott

I'm existing customer of REX Essential+overdrive customer, but when I added the product to my shopping cart in FSS, the $5.00 discount did not apply in payment screen. Although in my purchase history still has REX Ess+Overdrive.

It is automatically reduced but without a special statement. Look at the price before you login and after.

Spirit

Not had time to fly but what I can say is installing a full set takes seconds, around 10 seconds for a full set. That opens up having different set for all sorts of conditions and parts of the world.

Not read the manual yet but in OD you could just tick the boxers for what textures you wanted to load, I cannot see the need to reload 60% of them so not sure how I can e.g. just load  different cloud sets only?

I just sat on a runway and loaded different fsx weather themes and was thinking "wow this does look good"

I look forward to loading all this into P3d v2.

I will make sure to select the DX11 options first, it does not give you different sets when you do this but I presume it does make a difference.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

A lot of things to try and to adjust. The first impression is very good and the results are great.

Spirit

R4TD is just textures. Whatever the sim does now with clouds and fog will not change. The only real diversion from static textures concerns water, where R4TD provides animation for the textures.

Not read the manual yet but in OD you could just tick the boxers for what textures you wanted to load, I cannot see the need to reload 60% of them so not sure how I can e.g. just load different cloud sets only?

Don't own the addon yet, but the manual shows you simply install various items one by one. So you don't select everything as in previous versions and then hit Install but you select for instance clouds only and then hit Install and it will install clouds only. So there is no need anymore for a window on which you have to tell the addon what to install or not.

If you really want to install it all at once, you have to create a theme and install it, but in that case everything will be installed. So it's ALL at once or everything one by one.

You can install just a specific cloud or water texture rather than a whole theme of water, sky, clouds, etc.

Does the textures only product retain the ability to generate a theme for a flightplan, depending on current weather at departure and destination, as REX Essential did?

Cheers

Yes. But you can only pick one location airport. R4TD is not a weather injector.

post-288683-0-90543600-1387640959.jpg

Does anyone know if this adds volumetric clouds & fog to FSX?

How could it, since these are DX11 features?