Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

REX4 Textures

Maybe I need to look again, but even in the theme creation, you can't tell which specific texture sets you installed.

Yeah, that threw me at first. But like the man said, it's sooo easy to make a theme.

Yeah, you can do that.  Your injected textures are shown on the texture page at the bottom.

Great shot Kattz. What aircraft?

PMDG 800NGX-WL over Florida.  Thanks for the compliment!

Just a question, now that I know the new REX textures will cost me about $30, for my existing REX+OD, will I have to pay for the new weather engine over and above this, and if so, do I delete all of the existing REX stuff and start over with REX4??.....Problem is, I have had sooooo many patches and upgrades I am not sure I know how to delete everything, unless of course, the new one auto-deletes whatever not needed..      PS, talking now only about FSX, will go to LM later this year............thanks to all those doing the expore work......B42L8

Don't delete anything just yet......in fact, you can mix and match from both versions...which is very cool.    If you get REX4,  and before you run it for the first time....run your REX OD and place in all the stuff as you have liked it.  Then, you will fire up REX4 and see what THAT offers in all departments...cloud, sky texture, water, water animations, airport signage and other things to do with airports.  Now, if you have My Favorite Cloud Set installed in FSX via REX OD, and you see something that you would like to try from REX4, then select a set and press the INSTALL button. Now..your My Favorite Cloud Set has just been overwritten with the New Doobie Cloud set from the REX4 injector.  See how it works?  Same for sky colors and water.  If you WANT to keep a feature/set from your OD installation, then do not install that sub-group from REX4.  For my usage, I liked much better the cloud offerings in REX E, and so did not inject clouds from REX4. Same for sky color.  What I did inject is water and its animation. I then injected all of the airport gear.  So..I have it just the way I like it...as you will.  In review...do not delete your present REX (whatever), unless you will not, or do not intend to use any of the texture features and or weather injector from that prior REX installation.  REX4, is a texture injector, and nothing more.  There are modules coming, but at extra cost. For weather, i f you use a REX injector over Opus or ASN, then you need to keep that..and run it from REX OD after all your texture injections have been put in place....  

Just a question, now that I know the new REX textures will cost me about $30, for my existing REX+OD, will I have to pay for the new weather engine over and above this, and if so, do I delete all of the existing REX stuff and start over with REX4??.....Problem is, I have had sooooo many patches and upgrades I am not sure I know how to delete everything, unless of course, the new one auto-deletes whatever not needed..      PS, talking now only about FSX, will go to LM later this year............thanks to all those doing the expore work......B42L8

If you do wish to uninstall REX Essentials + Overdrive, uninstall "REX Overdrive" then REX Essentials Plus... the updates that you probably installed updated individual files but did not create new entries in the add/remove list of Programs and there is no update that needs to be uninstalled. I uninstalled the two separate things in that order and it seems to be completely uninstalled. The only remaining files in the REX folder are backups, log and files and temp files. You can then remove this folder or keep those files if need/you wish. The backup folder contains your saved texures. You can also restore the textures before uninstalling, to get back the standard FSX textures, then later in REX4 create a new set of backup files.

Hope this helps!

Joachim (Joe)

OK, but I was thinking toward buying the new REX4 weather engine, but I only use the "real weather" option, so just want whatever duplicates what I see (Arizona sunsets are fantastic), or what is really taking place someplace, so I assume the new textures will be pulled into that new engine to do this, correct??............then the question is, do I uninstall the old REX (like described aabove), to save SSD space on the C drive??.........and finally, $30 is for the texture package only, and the Real Weather REX4 will cost $X more, when it is realeased shortly, dorrect??  And all the new stuff sorks in the LM program I will get later this year??...........appreciate all the great info!!         B42L8

I am quite happy with my FSX for now and don't want to mess with it. 

I am interested in getting something decent (ocean) in P3D though.  I currently have flat matte finish crapola repeating texture  ocean in P3D except for a small section where the sun reflects.. 

Would this REX4  fix that? Would I get animated wave crests in the ocean? Or do I still have to wait for LM to get that fixed?

Anyone?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Here REX4 Kinematic wave in P3Dv2.

kept my ocean textures from REX3 because I prefer their color.

(Tastes and colors, it is not discussed.)

• Upvote 3

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Whoah.... Thats some good wave effects there.... What's your settings?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

668608YAFSS573.jpg

681149YAFSS575.jpg

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

I kept my ocean textures from REX3 because I prefer their color.

(Tastes and colors, it is not discussed.)

How to get these effects? Only in P3D?

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

It's a DX11 effect in P3D v2 only.

I don't know if it's possible in FSX DX10 preview mode because there are no tessellation effect in FSX.

Aimé
My Youtube channel

It's a DX11 effect in P3D v2 only.

I don't know if it's possible in FSX DX10 preview mode because there are no tessellation effect in FSX.

Too bad that this cannot be done in FSX, but I am glad that it can be done in P3Dv2.  Looks very convincing.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Aime Hi,

You accomplished  very nice water animations. I have two questions for you

1- How did you managed  kept REX ocean textures  and transfered to P3Dv2?

2- I noticed you installed FSX and P3D v2 side by side in Program Files(86).I am not so sure, I thought they should not install to Program files(86) folder. I am just ready to install both of them side by side in Program Files. What do you advise?

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Just pulled the trigger and purchased Rex4, Ill post pics later when I get to mess around with it.

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1- How did you managed kept REX ocean textures and transfered to P3Dv2?

Simply pay the 5 dollar fee and point REX 3 to P3D! REX 3 does work with P3D 2.0 although you have to be careful what you install because a few things (mainly having to do with water animations, I think) won't work well in P3D.

2- I noticed you installed FSX and P3D v2 side by side in Program Files(86).I am not so sure, I thought they should not install to Program files(86) folder. I am just ready to install both of them side by side in Program Files. What do you advise?

I think he will advice to install it into the Program Files folders so that's why I will advice you to not do so :P : it CAN give you some problems at a certain time, specially with not being able to run specific addons well. Most simmers will advice to not install the sims into the default folders but somewhere else, doesn't matter where.

I kept my ocean textures from REX3 because I prefer their color.

Nce indeed! I wonder how this looks in rivers and small creeks, etc...? Is the effect just as large there or more scaled down?