Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

REX4 Textures

In the screenshots at REX website there is a little 2 seater plane pictured. Anyone know what that plane is and where to get it? It kind of caught my eye!

Charles.

cant even get it to start up 

i try to open the program it slows my whole system to a crawl, then minimizes to the tray and crashes 

awesome!!!!

JHo

So was that post awesome !!!!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

In the screenshots at REX website there is a little 2 seater plane pictured. Anyone know what that plane is and where to get it? It kind of caught my eye!

Charles, I think you mean the Piper Tomahawk (affectionately known as the Traumahawk).  It was Piper's attempt to compete more successfully with the Cessna 152 for training.

Alabeo offers one.

Scott

Charles, I think you mean the Piper Tomahawk (affectionately known as the Traumahawk).  It was Piper's attempt to compete more successfully with the Cessna 152 for training.

Alabeo offers one.

Scott

Thanks!

Pic looks superb. Is that P3D?

No this is FSX, I have taken pics of P3D but I still think the water is better in FSX. LM needs to work on that I'm afraid.

Here is P3D2. I will say, that it is a farely significant improvement over default, but I see very little variation between the different wave animation textures imo.

c6ubs.jpg

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I'm not sure of this is a LM issue. Maybe it's the difference beween DX9/10 and DX11.

here are some more water shots 

i make a quick set and loaded em up 

water does not really seem like that big of a change IMO however i haven't really played with the settings 

im curious to see if they really did eliminate the water tiling effect 

have a look 

JHo

Screenshots aren't really good enough to judge water textures and animation. You need to see it moving, so get those video cameras out!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Here is a quick compare between FSX and P3Dv2 with REX4 - Using max quality & resolution settings in REX4 and as near like-for-like settings in FSX & P3D [though who knows in reality].. I have found I get a huge frame rate hit in P3Dv2 compared to FSX...... 30fps locked in FSX v 22.6 in P3Dv2 locked to 30. The only way to claw back to the 30fps lock in v2 is to use DXT5 compression and even then it is still less solid than FSX.

I'm definitely seeing nicer water in v2 using REX4 than I was before, which is a positive, though there is still way too much reflection from the clouds, making the water look too glassy, and far less attractive than FSX.

The appearance of the skyscape is similar, though v2 appears much darker, even with enb turned off in FSX (and you get the ugly spinning clouds in P3Dv2)  One interesting (and OT) thing is the P3Dv2 terrain textures seem very different to FSX [No Add-ons], which also results in different agn (and greater/denser) placement, in this area. I thought FSX & P3Dv2 shared exactly the same textures and landclass, but something is clearly different in this part of the world... France - Nice Cote d' Azur - which is a nice place to fly default scenery.

P3Dv2 show fps in the lower position... forgot to tag the screens, sorry.

CLvsi.gif

Regardless of platform I am very pleased with REX4.. it is very quick and easy to use, and the texture injection is so fast, you wonder if its worked properly... which it has. The textures and sounds are top notch. Highly recommended.

That is the first real shot I've seen that specifically shows off the clouds.. They don't look much like the example shots on their site. Very similar to RE+OD.. The ones of their website looked photo realistic. The shot above looks like typical HQ clouds in Prepar3D. So far I'm edging to just keeping RE and maybe opting for a v2 WX injector instead. Im just not seeing much contrast here.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Well, I don't bother going any higher than 1024 for my textures. The performance hit far out ways the benefits imo. I'm sure the REX screenshots are full 32bit 4096.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

That is the first real shot I've seen that specifically shows off the clouds.. They don't look much like the example shots on their site. Very similar to RE+OD.. The ones of their website looked photo realistic. The shot above looks like typical HQ clouds in Prepar3D. So far I'm edging to just keeping RE and maybe opting for a v2 WX injector instead,

They are not going to look much different to what has gone before, and promo shots are always going to be the best of the best.. they can only place their textures over the same billboards, so the difference is never going to be extreme. The shapes always stay, more-or-less, the same. The variety in water, lights, lightning and runway is very nice, but if you have REX already your not going to notice anything vastly different. I have REX non Overdrive version, and am happy with the 20GBP this cost.

EDIT: to add.. I could not retrieve my P3D licence with REX after a reinstall, but this automatically includes both, for no extra cost, with a simply 'bullet' point to load into either sim, which is very good... I now wonder why I had to pay extra before.

A question...

If have REX 3 installed, first I need to restore default textures? And the install the REX4?

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

A question...

If have REX 3 installed, first I need to restore default textures? And the install the REX4?

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

No. REX4 will simply overwrite the old ones with the new. You might want to uninstall REX3 completely to save HD space, of course, but there is no need to restore default textures first.

Take note though that as long as you don't install a new REX4 texture, the REX3 will be in use, so if you only install REX4 clouds to begin with, everything else you have installed with REX3 will still be used! No problem, of course... ^_^