Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

REX4 Textures

No. REX4 will simply overwrite the old ones with the new. You might want to uninstall REX3 completely to save HD space, of course, but there is no need to restore default textures first.

Take note though that as long as you don't install a new REX4 texture, the REX3 will be in use, so if you only install REX4 clouds to begin with, everything else you have installed with REX3 will still be used! No problem, of course... ^_^

Ah ok! Thanks! But if I don't restore default FSX, I'll lost it. Right?

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Ah ok! Thanks! But if I don't restore default FSX, I'll lost it. Right?

Good one. If you don't restore the default textures (in FSX or P3D) and you uninstall REX3 and install REX4, REX4 won't be able to make a usuable backup fo the default textures. So well, yes, even though it's not really needed for the use of REX4 itself, it might be a good idea to first restore the default textures so REX4 can make a new backup of those! (I do suppose REX4 gives you the option to backup the installed textures...?)

I just bought it..

Tried it and hated how gray the clouds were, Changed the theme & settings with no help..

Decided to go back to ess+od

* see pictures above to know what I mean.

I might have to go back to it later on to experiment!

Good one. If you don't restore the default textures (in FSX or P3D) and you uninstall REX3 and install REX4, REX4 won't be able to make a usuable backup fo the default textures. So well, yes, even though it's not really needed for the use of REX4 itself, it might be a good idea to first restore the default textures so REX4 can make a new backup of those! (I do suppose REX4 gives you the option to backup the installed textures...?)

;)

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

can anyone clue me in onto where to get the manual. i cant find it for the life of me 

also 

what is the difference between DTX 1 and 32bit waves 

witch one is better 

Thanks Everyone 

JHo

DTX1 textures are a compressed format and may appear more pixellated if you are flying low and slow, however the team really improved the look over REX 3 DTX1 textures imo. For me the performance gain over 32bit is worth it.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

so its a performance thing then 

i do notice the water is pixelated down low 

ill try 32 out 

any info on the manual and where i can download it 

i purchased my copy from sim market 

thanks again 

jho

can anyone clue me in onto where to get the manual. i cant find it for the life of me 

When you purchased R4TD you should have access to three downloads: the app itself, an installation manual and a user manual. Sign in to your account at wherever you bought it and see if there are three download links.

Fellows,

I've used REX since it came out several years ago. Tim Fuchs and I have had good conversations over the years...

Here's my question: Have d/l REX4 and it installed fine. Restored backup in Overdrive - Made a theme and installed it.

Wasn't happy with the theme. Modified theme, saved and installed it - BUT, I "do not" see that much change from theme to

theme like you would with previous versions of REX.

Is this a P3d V2 problem / or / a REX4 Problem - and finally, a "ME" problem?

Thanks so much and your thoughts would be most welcome.

Have a blessed one and a Merry Christmas.

Tom

When you purchased R4TD you should have access to three downloads: the app itself, an installation manual and a user manual. Sign in to your account at wherever you bought it and see if there are three download links.

my sim market account does not have any links for the manual just the software 

any other sources 

Installed Rex4Direct texture set and ASN.  Looks awesome.  Finally, hot hazy day with towering cumulus looks like it should.

post-289236-0-23167300-1387687197.jpg

Great shot Katts, what cloud set is that?

I love the fact sets are so fast to load, I feel I can really set the mood for the area am flying in and the season. With load times under 10 seconds, it's worth it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I absolutely love Rex4's clouds. If you can set your textures high they are stunning in P3D. It's the first time I have compared  a product in P3D and FSX and thought "Ahhh, now there is something that is really obviously better than the old sim."

I haven't played around much with the runway textures yet, but even if they disappoint I am happy with the clouds.

- Bill Magann

Set 07 - Cumulus Congestus.  They are missing Cumulus Castellanus.

This is a truly manacing sky... ASN and REX4 Texture Direct, without any retouching or add-ons like SweetFX.  Awesome!

post-289236-0-55264100-1387749453.jpg

• Upvote 1