Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

I've just installed P3D and whoa ... what a difference! I'm in the process of switching over, and I know that I'll miss the Metro if I can't install it to P3D.

Is it possible to install the Metroliner in P3D v3 and if so ... how?

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

You have to buy it again for P3D, but the good news is that it is on sale for $10 or so :)

Peter

That's great! Thanks, Peter, for the quick reply. $10 is really reasonable!

So ... once I buy it, the mods work in the P3D version, too?

... and another question: on Simmarket, it says the Metroliner is for P3D v2. Does it install/work in v3?

I found that it may even work better in P3D. In FSX I had some issues with the electrical system and always had to reload the plane before it worked properly. No need for that in P3D anymore. It works mostly fine in P3D v3.2 (I haven't installed 3.3), with one exception: on a flight between CYFB and BGGH (Northern Canada to Greenland), the plane starts to spin uncontrollably in mid air almost every time. I think I encountered this strange issue only once on another route, so it is not an overwhelming problem. I have no idea about the reason; it might be a scenery issue, but I think no other plane did that.

Peter

Quick update: I bought the P3D version (great price!) and installed in the mods ... and it all works in P3D v3.3!

• Upvote 1

Personally, I feel this model was one that was overlooked by the majority of simmers. With all the mods in place. it's right  up there on the upper end of the spectrum, but it took the mods to get it there.So a big thanks to the community for the support on this one.  I find the FDE very realistic, as well as systems modeling and graphics. I used it in FSX and it worked great. Just my opinion.

Personally, I feel this model was one that was overlooked by the majority of simmers. With all the mods in place. it's right  up there on the upper end of the spectrum, but it took the mods to get it there.So a big thanks to the community for the support on this one.  I find the FDE very realistic, as well as systems modeling and graphics. I used it in FSX and it worked great. Just my opinion.

I only wish Razbam allowed to swap out the gps with something more complicated. I don't fly this airplane much because I don't like going up to the fs menu and loading a flight plan to have the gps working. I'd rather create the plan on the gps itself. There is a freeware replacement for the gps but it doesn't work in the vc.

I only wish Razbam allowed to swap out the gps with something more complicated. I don't fly this airplane much because I don't like going up to the fs menu and loading a flight plan to have the gps working. I'd rather create the plan on the gps itself. There is a freeware replacement for the gps but it doesn't work in the vc.

see this?  if you have the rxp gps,

http://www.avsim.com/topic/429877-razbam-metroliner-released/page-26#entry3143491

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

The Razbam forum is very quiet, maybe I have more luck here:

I have (likely) a pressurization problem with the Metroliner in P3D 3.2. If I climb to typical cruise levels (say, FL 200), I get an acoustic warning signal. If I do nothing, the plane becomes uncontrollable after 10 minutes or so. If I descend to 11000' the warning stops and I can complete the flight. There is nothing on the annunciator panel and external programs indicate that pressurization is fine. I also make sure that bleeds etc are on, so I believe the pressurization system works as expected, but the issue looks very much like a pressurization problem nevertheless.

There is one oddity with the pressurization system: if I select the cabin altitude, the dial is sometimes set back to zero. The cabin pressure seems to change accordingly. However, if I reset it (to, say, 8000'), the cabin pressure returns to normal levels. This doesn't always happen, and most of the time the selection doesn't change anymore after I reset it a few times.

Does anyone have similar issue?

Thanks,

Peter

The Razbam forum is very quiet, maybe I have more luck here:

I have (likely) a pressurization problem with the Metroliner in P3D 3.2. If I climb to typical cruise levels (say, FL 200), I get an acoustic warning signal. If I do nothing, the plane becomes uncontrollable after 10 minutes or so. If I descend to 11000' the warning stops and I can complete the flight. There is nothing on the annunciator panel and external programs indicate that pressurization is fine. I also make sure that bleeds etc are on, so I believe the pressurization system works as expected, but the issue looks very much like a pressurization problem nevertheless.

There is one oddity with the pressurization system: if I select the cabin altitude, the dial is sometimes set back to zero. The cabin pressure seems to change accordingly. However, if I reset it (to, say, 8000'), the cabin pressure returns to normal levels. This doesn't always happen, and most of the time the selection doesn't change anymore after I reset it a few times.

Does anyone have similar issue?

Thanks,

Peter

I do not have an answer, but Razbam have taken a year off or more from working on Microsft/P3d Flightsim products.

Can't say I've had any issues with pressurization. The majority of my short hops are at 16,000 or lower, but even at 16,000, I haven't had any problems. Are your busses set properly?

Can't say I've had any issues with pressurization. The majority of my short hops are at 16,000 or lower, but even at 16,000, I haven't had any problems. Are your busses set properly?

Hi Joel,

thanks a lot for your suggestion. It isn't the busses, but your reply inspired me to look more closely what is going on.

It seems the pressure works OK except for the fact that the pressure dump switch is suddenly enabled. However, the problem persists. It appears that the autopilot is damaged. After the plane becomes uncontrollable (via AP), I can fly at a safe altitude and the AP still does what it wants.

Very strange.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi, Peter,

Have installed the Bjoern's autopilot mod? I had a terrible time with the default autopilot.

Cheers!

Joel