Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abasa12

REX4 UI Big Issue

Hello Simmers!

I'm sorry to be posting this here, but I couldn't access the REX4 forum even after registration. Basically, my issue is that (REX4 is installed in the C:/ Drive) when the UI screen loads up, there are no options at the bottom, and as such I am stuck on the configuration screen with no way to bypass. As such it is impossible for me to install textures of any sort, let alone do anything else. I've tried the repair function to no avail, and REX4 is being run as an administrator. I've also tried, by the way, to change the screen resolution and to move the window around, also to no avail.

Thanks for any and all help - greatly appreciated!

-Derek

In the readme is there anything in there about the latest dot net packages or something?

I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain all that needed to be updated was during the installation. I think it might have something to do with the fact that it cannot be resized, and that it will snap back to place after alterations to location. It also appears to be way larger for me than for others.

It is not installing at all for me. I click on the "setup" file and nothing happens (and yes I ran as administrator and turned off my anti-virus lol). I'll keep trying. The screen shots look really great!

If anybody has a similar experience, let me know.

I really suggest you all address these items over at our support forum:  http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums

@The Oldar - My first thought is something is wrong with your download.  Please confirm the with a screenshot of the files you downloaded and their sizes. 

Thanks for the prompt attention to my situation! I will do a re-download over-night. I will let you know if that works, if not I will post my files.

Thanks,

Bill

Same here. Cannot access the support forum even though I am registered

But this screen size issue might be a clue

Gonna switch out of eyefinity later and try again

Otherwise I too am getting NOTHING but a UI

It is not installing at all for me. I click on the "setup" file and nothing happens (and yes I ran as administrator and turned off my anti-virus lol). I'll keep trying. The screen shots look really great!

If anybody has a similar experience, let me know.

No - I had the same issue. Extract with a program like WinRAR instead of default extract. I was experiencing exactly what you were, and it solved the problem completely.

What is your screen settings?

Laptop configuration default (1366x768), and I've tried with and without auto-hiding the taskbar.

I had a problem with the UI. It was my custom theme (win 7 here). I changed to a default aero theme and the problem went away, although... taking my lovely theme with it. :\

@Derek, I received your PM, and you're all set on our forum. Thank you.

DPI setting should be set to 100%. Above that you run into problems with the GUI.

I had big problems but migrated everything to Windows 8 where everything is fine for both FSX and P3DV2 and REX4 UI

I do need FSUIPC registered though to use the button/axis/key-press user-defined shortcuts for the joystick resolution

Abasa,

Did you get a solution to this problem?  I'm having the same issue.

Unfortunately not, or not to the issue at hand. I eventually moved my laptop to a monitor and am now using it for that. I believe, though, that they want to fix this in a future SP.

As in earlier cases, try to install the updates. The UI does not fit the screen if you have something non-default settings with it. The forum procedure was also too much for me, but when you get this problem solved the programme works like a charm.

This was fixed in the first service pack. Our vendors have been up to date for some time, so if you are experiencing this and have just purchased recently, please contact us via our support forum.