Sign in to follow this  
dighost

DX10 Fixer worth it?

@ Jim Skorna

If you're even slightly interested in helping people, Jim, when folks are discussing, and perhaps in the process of learning about DX10, then you should at least use your long years of customer service - and read up on how AA is derived when using FSX with DX10. Steve's retail DX10 Fixer manual has been published in a number of posts, on his blog site, as well as with his free patches, and the FSX - DX10 "How-To" guide has been published at the top of the DX10 Discussion forum for at least fourteen months.

- That's why we do not use the external settings for AA. Inspector cannot override FSX setting., and so it has to be set in FSX, and this is done automatically by the Fixer.

It would be so much better if you were to contribute to the discussion, as you used to do when in the employ of Active Sky, instead of this continuous sniping which does nothing except add in a hint of an unpleasant agenda.

Paul J 

Thanks for ???

I guess that is why I said NOT to use any EXTERNAL settings. But you already know that.

Maybe I know MORE about DX10, the fixer, and how all this works more than you think.

Lastly, maybe you should cut out the personal attacks instead of this continuous sniping which adds a WHOLE BUNCH of unpleasantness to this very topic. 

Just to give you an example, heres 2 screenshots I took today and heres the list of all the addons im running at once...fsx didnt flintch,  a solid fps...dx10 is fantasic.

rex clouds

asn

ftx global

horizon VFR

ultimate traffic 2

squawkbox

xsplit

ground environment europe

ultimate terrain europe

fsglobal

fs genesis

aerosoft airbus x

fs real time

sagg tv viewer

bluesky acars

fscopilot

uk2000 EGCC

2013-12-27_16-10-57-589_zpsd7c8d761.png

2013-12-27_15-25-29-948_zps8828e5ff.png

14ppkc-6.png

Maybe I know MORE about DX10, the fixer, and how all this works more than you think.

It's very possible, Jim - and I would like to think so, given your honorable service with AS, but one-line answers or comments don't display that knowledge, and certainly help no-one.

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

You confirmed yourself that my "one line answer or comment" was spot on, displayed my knowledge and helped anyone who is using external utilities to set AA.

LOL Ron, please note I did nothing to deserve this attack.

@ Jim Skorna

If you're even slightly interested in helping people, Jim, when folks are discussing, and perhaps in the process of learning about DX10, then you should at least use your long years of customer service

Hee hee, you two are like an old married couple :biggrin:

Anyway, I think after Ron's suggestion on water and the info re AA I may well try for the third and last time to get this darn thing working! Anyone have the slightest idea why, no matter what I try, I can't get Vsync to work?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

:LMAO:  :LMAO: 

Do you have this line under [Main], Rocky? (This was part of your config back in November.)

DisablePreload=1

I also seem to remember that you were trying to get two different monitors to work, while sliding the various panels (like the FMC) onto the second monitor? 

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yes we would know, but Howard has voiced this vsync issue on many other forums, too, and for many months, Jim, and unless we have his confidence, and I can work with him for a few days or so, perhaps with Teamspeak and Teamviewer then I can't help. DX10 is not the same as DX9, and needs to be treated differently.

All the Best,

pj

:LMAO:  :LMAO:

Do you have this line under [Main], Rocky? (This was part of your config back in November.)

DisablePreload=1

I also seem to remember that you were trying to get two different monitors to work, while sliding the various panels (like the FMC) onto the second monitor? 

Hiya Paul, sure, I have DisablePreload=1 in my config. As for the monitors, yes, you have a good memory, I run in fullscreen, but have two monitors via a GTX770 4gb. The main, 30" Dell runs at 2560x1600 and the smaller 19" runs at, mmm, whatever.. I use that one for dragging instruments across to. It would be great to get DX10 to work properly, as it addressed several irritations that I suffer with in DX9. Cheers...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

my "one line answer or comment" was spot on

Your one line answer backfired on this one http://forum.avsim.net/topic/430509-utx-question/

Aye Jim !! :Pumpkin:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just to correct any misunderstandings in this thread.

You set and adjust Multi Sampling SAA in fsx.cfg for DX10 (the NVI settings here have no effect) but Smart Grid SS AA is set and adjusted externally in NVI.

MSAA adjusts the AA of the edges of objects - e.g a wing edge viewed against the tarmac.

SGAA improves textures that lack mipmaps - e.g a glass cockpit screen and many payware aircraft textures.